Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business How to introduce an awesome .moar file trading & selling system

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Soth Posted:

Trade system would be better, I can easily imagine some jerkoffs throwing money to each other for like, Led Zeppelin #37 or something.

And if it’s blind, how would that be possible? I guess you could say “I’m selling of File Blah Blah Piece 4 for 3 mil cred, go find it and buy it” but really, if there was a percentage tax involved in the transaction i doubt it would be an issue.

I’m more for the trade system as well, but I doubt anyone would go for just trades.

As far as level 4’s getting super strong files — level restrictions would be a solution. “You can equip this until you are level 15” or something like that.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I doubt a Level 4 would have the Flezz to buy a really good file piece.

This gets a thumbs up from me.

Soth

[The Protected]

Level 66 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

handofg0d Posted:

And if it’s blind, how would that be possible?

If there’s only one person selling Led Zeppelin #37, then it’s obviously me.

Bonkenhi

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

...This has to be implemented, dammit. D= The idea is awesome.

AVENGED_LITE

[Bonkenhi Boards VI]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

handofg0d Posted:

The introduction of .moar files is a great addition to FWZ. Here is my proposal for a trading and selling system that would be ****-all awesome.

Description

This will basically be a place where you can come and search for those elusive parts you can’t seem to find and trade them for some of your spares. Or you can sell off some extra parts for some quick flezz (or buy some if you’ve got nothing to trade).

How it works

Blind sales/trades. No one can see who it is they are buying from/trading with/selling to. This will prevent klans to drive up/down values, and keep people from getting ****ty deals because of bumhurt.

You are given three basic options. Put up for trade, Put up for sale, and Place want ad. Each listing should be up for no more than a day or two. You put the part up and put a set price or set part for trade and if someone responds great, if not the ad goes away. While the ad is listed, the part is up in escro (i.e. you don’t have it). Placing want ads you name the part you want and how much you are willing to pay for it or what part you will trade for it.

There would also be a search feature to allow you to find any specific parts that are up for sale/trade. Search and take the best offer you can find.

The blind sales are key though, without it the whole system would be ****ed.

Signed.

MicRo-BreAtH

[The temple of MicR-
o-BreAtH
]

Level 69 Permanoob

an god LOL

Have I signed this thing before?

Oh by the way, you should be able to sell directly to people too. Forum posts about selling should be forbidden, though, and then you could help your friends or yourself, a nice deal.

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

MicRo-BreAtH Posted:

Have I signed this thing before?

Oh by the way, you should be able to sell directly to people too. Forum posts about selling should be forbidden, though, and then you could help your friends or yourself, a nice deal.

I second this motion. Signed.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I don’t see why everyone wants to take away the last thing to do before episode 3. Didn’t we mostly get bored of randomly pwning the same forums between ep. 1 and 2?

If we just get the ultimate set of .moar files all easy by buying them, what will be left after we complete enough missions to get all 3 e-peen?

Bonkenhi

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Nobody has the Chai award for 1800 Job Points, nobody has 100 Domination Medals. There’s still stuff to do. =P

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Bonkenhi Posted:

Nobody has the Chai award for 1800 Job Points, nobody has 100 Domination Medals. There’s still stuff to do. =P

Nobody knows when episode 3 will come out, I’ll guess in late 2010.

MikePattonFa-
nboi

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Although MOCK-CONGLER nicely noticed it would take some serious programming for this to work, I like the idea behind trading or, hell, even buying missing pieces of .moar you need. I just hope it can be implemented without too much strain on game developers; if not, meh.

MicRo-BreAtH

[The temple of MicR-
o-BreAtH
]

Level 69 Permanoob

an god LOL

Wylin Posted:

I don’t see why everyone wants to take away the last thing to do before episode 3. Didn’t we mostly get bored of randomly pwning the same forums between ep. 1 and 2?

If we just get the ultimate set of .moar files all easy by buying them, what will be left after we complete enough missions to get all 3 e-peen?

Then set yourself a challenge of not trading for stuff. It’s as simple as that. Noone is forcing you to buy it.

Bonkenhi

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Wylin Posted:

Nobody knows when episode 3 will come out, I’ll guess in late 2010.

Ep.2 took about 1 year, right? Well, I’d say Ep.3 would be out in two years at MOST. It’s highly likely that it’ll be done before that. Even with trading, I still think bumembling .moar files is going to be hard work.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

As long as they’re planning the story a few episodes in advance, they could get the content done in a few months.

The things that will take the most time are balancing, beta-testing, and new features. Nothing like trial and error testing to slow down development, Amirite?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!