Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business How to introduce an awesome .moar file trading & selling system

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

The introduction of .moar files is a great addition to FWZ. Here is my proposal for a trading and selling system that would be ****-all awesome.

Description

This will basically be a place where you can come and search for those elusive parts you can’t seem to find and trade them for some of your spares. Or you can sell off some extra parts for some quick flezz (or buy some if you’ve got nothing to trade).

How it works

Blind sales/trades. No one can see who it is they are buying from/trading with/selling to. This will prevent klans to drive up/down values, and keep people from getting ****ty deals because of bumhurt.

You are given three basic options. Put up for trade, Put up for sale, and Place want ad. Each listing should be up for no more than a day or two. You put the part up and put a set price or set part for trade and if someone responds great, if not the ad goes away. While the ad is listed, the part is up in escro (i.e. you don’t have it). Placing want ads you name the part you want and how much you are willing to pay for it or what part you will trade for it.

There would also be a search feature to allow you to find any specific parts that are up for sale/trade. Search and take the best offer you can find.

The blind sales are key though, without it the whole system would be ****ed.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Even when blind trading, what do you think of a price average tracker? Something to say, “X file averages X over last X sales.” It could prevent people from gouging too hard, but I’m just throwing some ideas out.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Deific Blunder Posted:

Even when blind trading, what do you think of a price average tracker? Something to say, “X file averages X over last X sales.” It could prevent people from gouging too hard, but I’m just throwing some ideas out.

but that would prevent dumb people from getting scamme.d

SuperHappyFu-
nKitty

Avatar: 26050 Sat Oct 18 22:48:59 -0400 2008

[ONE HUNDRED PERCEN-
T ACTION KLAN
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Signed

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Deific Blunder Posted:

Leave that to the wiki data whores to sort out. Besides the market will properly adjust naturally.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

BirdofPrey Posted:

I’m sure there will be plenty of people who “just have to have that file right now.” It would set a standard on market items and get people to search for those files more frequently, thus bringing more of those files to the player base and stabilizing that file’s price range. Seems like a fairly good situation for all.

mooseknuckle

Level 32 Troll

“Permafail”

Signed

BirdofPrey Posted:

I wouldn’t get upset if I paid more than others. What I am willing to pay for something is its value to me.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Sounds like a cool idea… I also think it would also be fun/a challenge to add a bidding ebay aspect to it for ones put up for sale, leaving the item up until a certain date and time while people bid.

This way people can get more flezz for things they sell, and you have a chance to buy things if you didn’t see it up for sale right when it went up.

edit – I guess this would make my idea pro-scammer but whatever **** can’t be too easy it’s boring… getting moar files should be a bit of a challenge and not just like items in stores.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 11/03/2008 1:08PM

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Could have fixed price AND auction listings like eBay. Sellers choice I guess. But with bidders, I’d say at time of bid, put the flezz they bid into escro until they are outbid so they can’t back out. I’d also say blind bidders too, just increase the price and bid count but dont show who’s bidding or anything. (Not even like Bidder 1, Bidder 2, Bidder 1 (rebid) sort of thing. Totally blind.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

handofg0d Posted:

Leave that to the wiki data whores to sort out. Besides the market will properly adjust naturally.

Just how the financial market did.

Edit: The idea has some merit.

Healbot edited this message on 11/03/2008 1:17PM

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

yeah those are good ideas LISTEN TO HOG CZ… it would be cool if a trading/selling system would be implemented in fwz, and could give something for people to work for and something to use flezz on

also in addition to that, they could create a few more .moar files that are extra special/take a lot of parts to get and stuff so it’s something people have to trade/play for etc.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 11/03/2008 1:19PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

elenaratelimit Posted:

it would be cool if a trading/selling system would be implemented in fwz

ET has already said he plans to implement such a system at some point. HoG is proposing a way for it to work.

maxvance

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Would only Flezz be used in buying/selling file parts? I could imagine someone wanting to offer a few Brownie Points in exchange for the particularly rare file parts.

asforoneday

Avatar: 71426 Sun Oct 19 16:57:02 -0400 2008

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’d like to see part for part implemented too.. such as..

User A needs File1 Piece7

User B needs File2 Piece3

They both have what each other person wants so they trade the pieces.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

seems like this might take a lot of programming if done in this particular way, perhaps theres some easier way..but i like the idea as is

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Any trading system is going to give an advantage to players with… lots of alts. As much as I’d love to have another advantage, there needs to be a way in place to prevent or discourage that. Moving files between alts could be blocked, but that could be avoided by transferring them via third parties. Additionally, I suggest a tax per transaction (some % of the price of the transaction, with a set minimum) So if you’re moving files between alts you’re going to be paying the transaction fee twice instead of once.

Come to think of it, any trading system will of course mean flezz can be moved between alts via third parties. Now how fun will that be? Log in to see images!

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Any trading system is going to give an advantage to players with… lots of alts. As much as I’d love to have another advantage, there needs to be a way in place to prevent or discourage that. Moving files between alts could be blocked, but that could be avoided by transferring them via third parties. Additionally, I suggest a tax per transaction (some % of the price of the transaction, with a set minimum) So if you’re moving files between alts you’re going to be paying the transaction fee twice instead of once.

Come to think of it, any trading system will of course mean flezz can be moved between alts via third parties. Now how fun will that be? Log in to see images!

Shush, I was planning on using secondary alts to farm files for my main characters Log in to see images!

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Additionally, I suggest a tax per transaction (some % of the price of the transaction, with a set minimum)

you can have tax increase the further the file is out of its standard price range

that way gougers dont get as much advantage (but screw people more), trading flezz is more of a pain, and market will be more lilkely to standardize

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Signed.

The prices for sale get to be say… 2-5x what you would get for selling the thing in the ppwn shoppe. Only because it would make a semi-workable system to keep you from getting say, a file that gives you an insane boost when you’re level 4; causing you to have to work a bit, level up, get more luck/charisma… whatever you need to do to get more money. Besides, by the time you get there, you’d have a new goal in sight, etc…

Also, while you’re grinding to get fleez, you’d probably find the files yourself anyway, thereby creating the traditional “**** you” of RPGs. (You know…don’t buy **** in stores that will inevitably be considerably weaker than what you will find for free)

Soth

[The Protected]

Level 66 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Trade system would be better, I can easily imagine some jerkoffs throwing money to each other for like, Led Zeppelin #37 or something.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!