Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

Today we’ve launched the first release of the ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta, and I figured I’d create a thread to talk about it and answer any questions as we all start to use it.

In the first week, all you can do is submit ideas. This process is anonymous so please make no mention of who you are in your submissions. Everyone is encouraged to vote on all submitted ideas, and then when the week is over the top one will be picked and then the fun stuff starts!

CommunistBoi-
lingTesticles

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Oh my, this is going to be awesome. I can’t wait!

Archduke Ter-
ry

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How difficult will the new forums be? Will you choose difficulty based on forum topic?

Judas Ben-Hur

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

What happens if the winner of the weekly poll is a forum which you have already planned to be in episode 2?

Archduke Ter-
ry

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Do you prefer ice-cream cake over regular cake?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Archduke Terry Posted:

How difficult will the new forums be? Will you choose difficulty based on forum topic?

Because we haven’t thought of a better way to pick difficulty, at first yes, we will pick the difficulty. One approach that crossed my mind was to alter the difficulty of the forums based on how much they’re played somehow, but we can play with that as we go along.

Judas Ben-Hur Posted:

What happens if the winner of the weekly poll is a forum which you have already planned to be in episode 2?

I’m not sure, it would depend how similar they are. Like for example one of the forums being voted up right now is close something we had on our list for Episode 2, but we hadn’t started work on it yet. I would be more concerned if we’d already completed it yet.

Having said that, there’s no reason why we couldn’t have two forums in the game on the same subject, god knows that’s the way things are on the real Internet. We would have to put some effort into differentiating them though.

Archduke Terry Posted:

Do you prefer ice-cream cake over regular cake?

Absolutely, yes.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

If we have multiple characters, do we get multiple votes?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

No, to prevent people from buying votes they’re based on your user account, not the character you’re logged in with.

Archduke Ter-
ry

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

In order to prevent suggestions that might parallel EpII ideas I suggest each week we all vote for only the forums most surreal and hilarious in prospect (i.e. CATURDAY)

f

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

i like the anime one hth

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

This will be fun.

Archduke Ter-
ry

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I would probably guess the anime one would be something coming for episode two (too?) since the whole community has been worth pwning since day one of the internet.

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

It is interesting watching what people vote up and down. I am guessing some personal convictions are coming to light, as far as content.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Archduke Terry Posted:

I would probably guess the anime one would be something coming for episode two (too?) since the whole community has been worth pwning since day one of the internet.

This is a very good guess Log in to see images!

Paraone Posted:

It is interesting watching what people vote up and down. I am guessing some personal convictions are coming to light, as far as content.

It is interesting, isn’t it? One that I think would be a great topic is below 0!

I think the current top three would all make great forums though, although the name Caturday is pretty similar to the Re-Re attack “It’s Caturday” Log in to see images!

Archduke Ter-
ry

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Evil Trout Posted:

It is interesting, isn’t it? One that I think would be a great topic is below 0!

I think hyperfighter extreme molester is a pretty funny concept even if the idea as a forum seems pretty limited

Udelar

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’ve mostly enjoyed those that mesh with the existing forum descriptions. In other words, you take a slightly mocking (but not overly harsh) tone and write as a third party observer.

Also, people should remember that Forumwarz has thus far been free of copyrighted/trademarked real world stuff. Make it close enough that you can tell what the equivalent is but not the same and it’ll match better with the theme, especially if you can throw in a pun somewhere.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

I think the current top three would all make great forums though, although the name Caturday is pretty similar to the Re-Re attack “It’s Caturday” Log in to see images!

If ‘It’s Caturday’ were to win, would you change the title or would you just delete the entry for bureaucratic reasons and choose the next-highest rating idea as that week’s winner?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

PUBICDAWG Posted:

If ‘It’s Caturday’ were to win, would you change the title or would you just delete the entry for bureaucratic reasons and choose the next-highest rating idea as that week’s winner?

My thinking is we’ll probably just change the name of the Re-Re attack.

Of course, because we’re not letting you upload pictures of cats, it’s going to be limited to talking about cats or talking as though you WERE cats…in any case, it looks to be in third place right now.

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I have a feeling in the future there’ll be lots of pages of suggestions to go through, so perhaps we could get some sort of widget (or something) that, as an option, could be placed on the character pane underneath the status boxes that displays a random forum suggestion that we haven’t voted on, and the option to vote it up or down?

f

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

why ppl like so much the gamefabulous persons forums there already is a forum about nerds who like videogames and its rpgenius… btw komikbookz sucks too, if the anime forum doesnt win youre gonna suffer the consequences *unsheaths katana*

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!