Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Why do so many people hate furries?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Tesfan Posted:

edit: oh damn, Endedrural beat me to posting a comic to prove my point Log in to see images!

Yours is better, though, because it speaks to the fact that Furries choose to display their private fetishes in public, not simply to ‘express themselves’, but because they’re trying to illicit a reaction out of the ‘normies’.

That, plus the ratio of male-to-female furry cosplayers is way too high. I can handle catgirls out in public. But catboys? No. Just… no.

Truth

Avatar: 75834 Thu Oct 30 18:15:50 -0400 2008

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Acid Flux Posted:

Yours is better, though, because it speaks to the fact that Furries choose to display their private fetishes in public, not simply to ‘express themselves’, but because they’re trying to illicit a reaction out of the ‘normies’.

That, plus the ratio of male-to-female furry cosplayers is way too high. I can handle catgirls out in public. But catboys? No. Just… no.

I could handle catgirls and catboys if they weren’t all so damned decrepit looking. They are sick.

Why do I, personally, hate furries? Simple. It is a breeding ground for many sick fetishes, including pedophilia, among other sick fetishes.

Look at this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/FurryGamesMidwestFurFest2006GreenReaper.jpg

Not one person in that picture is in the slightest attractive. It is obviously not a fetish for us “normies”.

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Truth Posted:

It is a breeding ground for many sick fetishes, including pedophilia, among other sick fetishes.

That’s a bit of a bold statement to me, but that may be due to ignorance on my part. Can you back that up?

Truth

Avatar: 75834 Thu Oct 30 18:15:50 -0400 2008

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Bling Fling Posted:

That’s a bit of a bold statement to me, but that may be due to ignorance on my part. Can you back that up?

Want pictures?

A quick search on google for “furry pedophilia” returns this:

http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Babyfur

It wasn’t really a bold statement. More like a fact.

Truth edited this message on 11/02/2008 12:51PM

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

Truth Posted:

Want pictures?

THAT IS AN EPIC ****ING WIN.

I salute you.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Truth Posted:

Want pictures?

WHAT REASONABLE GOD WOULD ALLOW SUCH AN ABOMINATION TO HAVE SUCH A LONG WIKI PAGE

Sorry for the allcaps but **** my MIND is BLOWN.

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

it is a well-known fact that all pedophiles are child molesters

yeah

colbywolf

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Mmm.

1) If we discovered alien life, found them to be friendly, and gained a good working relationship with one another… would it be odd if an occasional human gained some sexual or romantic interest in one of these aliens? Or the aliens as a species (Much like how some people prefer blondes, etc)? How would people’s perception of this change if the aliens were mostly human looking (Vulcan, Romulans, Bajorans, Betaziod, or any other number of ‘mostly human’ species. Pardon my Star Trek Bias)? What if the aliens were mostly human, but had a few odd features? (Klingon, 7-of-9-esque borg, Twi’lek). What if they were covered in fur, or had a muzzle, or looked otherwise non-human except in general body shape?

In all cases, the aliens are sentient… they can say ‘no’, they can make a decision of if to participate in any sort of relationship, or sexual activities on their own. it might be odd, but the only thing “wrong” with the relationship is that both parties are not of the same species…

Now, with this idea… There’s nothing wrong with entertaining fantasies about these aliens. Further, no one ‘objects’ to fictional sci-fi babes being fantisized about.

Take it a step step further: In the Furry “world”, all furry ‘people’ are consenting. All of them are sentient, intelligent, life forms, with a REAL person behind the keyboard, who is intelligent, sentient and consenting. Even if the character they are pretending to be has 2 legs, 4 legs, or 8, wings, a muzzle, beak or a tail. Even if the character is (in human terms) 21, 45, 72, 16 or 8, the person at the keyboard is old enough to at least be interested in engaging in sexual activities. (and if the human is under age, isn’t it better that they do it online then with real people with the variety of real consequences?)

And just because someone plays a underage character, or plays with someone who plays a character who is underage, doesn’t mean that either of them have a desire to be involved, sexually, with an underage person. Fantasy is just that: fantasy. Actions in fantasy don’t have the same reprecussions as they do in real life. In fact, even our perceptions of reactions of other people are often incorrect. The problem comes when a person has problems separating fantasy from reality. When a person gets the idea in his head that a 5 year old will enjoy having sex with him, just because people like his 23 year old online roleplaying partner enjoys playing a sexual 5 year old. And when this person acts on it.. then there is a problem. But a person like this would be a problem even if he wasn’t ‘furry’ or enjoyed ageplay. What if he like playing out enjoy? or snuff, or something like that and gets the idea in his head that the ‘victim’ would enjoy it also.

Those are the sorts of people who would always be a problem in one way or another.

2) BabyFurs, as written in the first paragraph of the linked wikifur post, is people who like roleplaying children. this is not something that is exclusive to the furry fandom… nor is age play. Just a place where fetishes/kinks/quirks (sexual and non sexual)overlap.

meh. I think furries get picked on so much because so many people go “they look like animals, they must wanna screw animals.” And Beastality has such negative feelings bumociated with it… I dunno.

ArtificialFl-
avour

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

I don’t hate them more than I hate everything else, so I don’t really know.

Storm****er

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I agree with colby.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Truth Posted:

Want pictures?

ts;dc

Aline

Level 26 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

It’s not too much because of the weird fetishes, but more because of the “ZOMG IT’S A LIFESTYLE!!1!” behavior they have. It irritates people, mainly nerds. You know, it took a lot of time to the nerds to get accepted as people that have an alternative lifestyle, and they are pretty normal compared to furries. No, really, if people like to have sex dressed as pets, and look at cartoon animals with lust, it’s not really normal. In truth, it’s a weird fetish, not a lifestyle. Log in to see images!

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Aline Posted:

It’s not too much because of the weird fetishes, but more because of the “ZOMG IT’S A LIFESTYLE!!1!” behavior they have. It irritates people, mainly nerds. You know, it took a lot of time to the nerds to get accepted as people that have an alternative lifestyle, and they are pretty normal compared to furries. No, really, if people like to have sex dressed as pets, and look at cartoon animals with lust, it’s not really normal. In truth, it’s a weird fetish, not a lifestyle. Log in to see images!

It’s not anymore abnormal than numerous other fetishes out there, but the forcing it into the public eye is what causes people to rage.

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

Deific Blunder Posted:

It’s not anymore abnormal than numerous other fetishes out there, but the forcing it into the public eye is what causes people to rage.

and the people who give furries the most attention are, ironically, the ones who rage at them

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

colbywolf Posted:

Mmm.

1) If we discovered alien life, found them to be friendly, and gained a good working relationship with one another… would it be odd if an occasional human gained some sexual or romantic interest in one of these aliens? Or the aliens as a species (Much like how some people prefer blondes, etc)? How would people’s perception of this change if the aliens were mostly human looking (Vulcan, Romulans, Bajorans, Betaziod, or any other number of ‘mostly human’ species. Pardon my Star Trek Bias)? What if the aliens were mostly human, but had a few odd features? (Klingon, 7-of-9-esque borg, Twi’lek). What if they were covered in fur, or had a muzzle, or looked otherwise non-human except in general body shape?

In all cases, the aliens are sentient… they can say ‘no’, they can make a decision of if to participate in any sort of relationship, or sexual activities on their own. it might be odd, but the only thing “wrong” with the relationship is that both parties are not of the same species…

Now, with this idea… There’s nothing wrong with entertaining fantasies about these aliens. Further, no one ‘objects’ to fictional sci-fi babes being fantisized about.

Take it a step step further: In the Furry “world”, all furry ‘people’ are consenting. All of them are sentient, intelligent, life forms, with a REAL person behind the keyboard, who is intelligent, sentient and consenting. Even if the character they are pretending to be has 2 legs, 4 legs, or 8, wings, a muzzle, beak or a tail. Even if the character is (in human terms) 21, 45, 72, 16 or 8, the person at the keyboard is old enough to at least be interested in engaging in sexual activities. (and if the human is under age, isn’t it better that they do it online then with real people with the variety of real consequences?)

And just because someone plays a underage character, or plays with someone who plays a character who is underage, doesn’t mean that either of them have a desire to be involved, sexually, with an underage person. Fantasy is just that: fantasy. Actions in fantasy don’t have the same reprecussions as they do in real life. In fact, even our perceptions of reactions of other people are often incorrect. The problem comes when a person has problems separating fantasy from reality. When a person gets the idea in his head that a 5 year old will enjoy having sex with him, just because people like his 23 year old online roleplaying partner enjoys playing a sexual 5 year old. And when this person acts on it.. then there is a problem. But a person like this would be a problem even if he wasn’t ‘furry’ or enjoyed ageplay. What if he like playing out enjoy? or snuff, or something like that and gets the idea in his head that the ‘victim’ would enjoy it also.

Those are the sorts of people who would always be a problem in one way or another.

2) BabyFurs, as written in the first paragraph of the linked wikifur post, is people who like roleplaying children. this is not something that is exclusive to the furry fandom… nor is age play. Just a place where fetishes/kinks/quirks (sexual and non sexual)overlap.

meh. I think furries get picked on so much because so many people go “they look like animals, they must wanna screw animals.” And Beastality has such negative feelings bumociated with it… I dunno.

tl;however read because it was ****ing true

+1 win

The Pusher R-
obot

Avatar: 56402 Thu Oct 16 08:52:33 -0400 2008

Level 5 Hacker

“BASIC”

Aline Posted:

It’s not too much because of the weird fetishes, but more because of the “ZOMG IT’S A LIFESTYLE!!1!” behavior they have. It irritates people, mainly nerds. You know, it took a lot of time to the nerds to get accepted as people that have an alternative lifestyle, and they are pretty normal compared to furries. No, really, if people like to have sex dressed as pets, and look at cartoon animals with lust, it’s not really normal. In truth, it’s a weird fetish, not a lifestyle. Log in to see images!Define “lifestyle”.

(Furries) seem to have a peculiar way of living. If “lifestyle” means “a way of living”, then it follows that being furry is a “lifestyle”.

Melted Fish

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

I think I basically figured it out the day a furry told he became furry because he hated who he was and he hated being human.

They act out in a way that invites persecution because, secretly, they /want/ to be persecuted.

That simple. The furries get made fun of because they want to be.

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

Melted Fish Posted:

I think I basically figured it out the day a furry told he became furry because he hated who he was and he hated being human.

i could understand that you’d be a little ****ed off if you realized you’re attracted to something that doesn’t exist

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

You want my opinion? Here:

I fail to see how anonymous peeps see themselves as superior to furries. In my opinion, no human is superior to another, every human that roams the Earth is another pitiful sack of bones and flesh cursed by a heightened sense of morals and conscience who feels there is more than simply being happy for a single second in their miserable ****ing lives.

It’s been like this ever since they started. Furs gloat, anons trolls, furs whine for-****ing-ever, anons troll, gloat, repeat. The only time it won’t repeat is when either party gets the final word or strike in this endless barrage of petty flames and raids adding more fuel to a towering infern, and the chances of that happening are smaller than the brains of the participants of this bloody thing anyway. If you think I am elaborating then look no further than ED or LiveJournal; beating dead horses never got so boring!

If you are contributing to this IDIOTIC flame war, stop. You’re not doing anybody a ****ing favour least of all yourself, and you’re just making yourselves look like a ****ing douche.

tl;dr – trolls trolling trolls for trolling sake, stop it.

inb4moralfabulous personry. Suck a male reproductive organ if you think I’m doing this to satisfy my “morals”. I have none.

EDIT: On an off topic note I would pay to see ‘Furry’ as a clbum. That would be ****ing entertaining. Log in to see images! drussthebritishbastard edited this message on 11/03/2008 5:46PM

Melted Fish

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

You don’t understand.

Furries actually need people to make fun of them.

You will never see a furry community collapse so fast as when they don’t have trolls trolling them. Seriously. It keeps them together.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!