Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Don't implement a Job Points Leaderboard E-Peen.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Probably this has been discussed already but here’s the reasoning:

At lv35, it’s really easy to get 20 points/day and I don’t think we need a replica of the Most Forums Pwned board (IE once someone decides to hog it, it’s impossible to attain the E-Peen).

The 3 Chai E-Peens are enough.

Karl Koch

Avatar: 70525 Wed Mar 18 12:02:48 -0400 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

not sure about that. fran could be right

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

if you do the jobs every day you have to forsake other tasks in the game such as domination and consecutive forum pwning

this means that there is an incentive to stop doing jobs and let others catch up

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I think it’s something nice to go for now that the cred peen will be retired soon.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

quangntenemy Posted:

I think it’s something nice to go for now that the cred peen will be retired soon.

I think we have enough job E-Peens for now; it will take 90 days worth of jobs for someone to reach 1,800 Job Points from zero, and that’s if the person gets exactly 20 points per day.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Fran Posted:

I think we have enough job E-Peens for now; it will take 90 days worth of jobs for someone to reach 1,800 Job Points from zero, and that’s if the person gets exactly 20 points per day.

Sounds like about 3 months. Worth it imo.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

it’s something to do

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Signed.

Either that OR implement it so that once a peen is obtained that person is removed from the standings and their benchmark has been set for the next person to surpbum. No point in someone to have the peen and drive it up endlessly until they are bored with it.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

handofg0d Posted:

Signed.

Either that OR implement it so that once a peen is obtained that person is removed from the standings and their benchmark has been set for the next person to surpbum. No point in someone to have the peen and drive it up endlessly until they are bored with it.

signed

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

zigzagoon Posted:

if you do the jobs every day you have to forsake other tasks in the game such as domination and consecutive forum pwning

this means that there is an incentive to stop doing jobs and let others catch up

also if job times adjust based on speedrun times then jobs will become harder as ****ty playres who came back for ep2 stop playing the game

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

handofg0d Posted:

Signed.

Agreed. Having just one person get an E-Peen would suck. Log in to see images!

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

Bonkenhi Posted:

Agreed. Having just one person get an E-Peen would suck. Log in to see images!then just ignore that person having that e-peen? seriously, what’s the problem?

also there are already several people who have unique ones, like the domination winners etc

i guess handofgod’s suggestion is pretty nice but it kind of removes some of the appeal from the e-peen, i mean, you get it for being the “top player” on a leaderboard, and if there is someone who is better than you at that leaderboard then surely you shouldn’t be qualified for a “top player” prize?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

zigzagoon Posted:

just ignore that person having that e-peen? seriously, what’s the problem?

The biggest problem is, the cake is a lie. If players are encouraged to go for a goal (by having a leaderboard at all), that goal should be achievable. Wasting months on pointless activity before you realise you just dumped your free time into a false and pointless effort is teh grande suck. Some players we know have alts dedicated towards particular tasks. It would be more fun if they didn’t spoil the effort/reward for everyone else who wants to go for some challenge by leaderboard hogging.

So in all cases, milestone rather than leaderboard peen is the better option. Friends, Flamebate, Cred, Flezz, Job points, moar files, forums visited, medals, consecutive pwns, incit wins etc.

Having leaderboards isn’t a bad idea in itself, but if there isn’t some kind of balance in the task, giving peen to the ‘lucky few’ who were there at the right time performing the right activities is not a fair gameplay reward mechanic.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

handofg0d Posted:

Signed.

Hella signed.

This should be billed as “Paraone’s Principle.”

However, once someone attains the E-Peen, they should have at least a week to drive up the benchmark a bit.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

handofg0d Posted:

Signed.

good idea/can prevent hogging

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

suggestion: keep the “top player” e-peen as it is/will be but add an additional e-peen for being on the first page (top 25)

that way the addict can keep his superexclusive peen but the others have another goal that is more easily achievable

zigzagoon edited this message on 10/30/2008 6:58PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!