Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News DOMINATION THEME WEEK: October 29

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Fran Posted:

This is not an RP forum.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Winners will be either those who were decided well before the last day (for whom the theme is essentially meaningless) or down to pot luck if it’s a competitive bracket. You *could* monitor your bracket all day to try to keep your lead, but the effort does not justify the reward, so stuff that, plus you don’t have a lot of scope to keep yourself in the lead for 24 hours anyway. The basic tactic will be set yourself up, get screwed, and have no scope to do anything about it (or else choose a random time to run your visits, and just maybe hit lucky) Allies, and of course having multiple alts in the same bracket might make a difference, but that’s essentially the same as having the bracket decided before the last day anyway.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/31/2008 7:54AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Winners will be either those who were decided well before the last day (for whom the theme is essentially meaningless) or down to pot luck if it’s a competitive bracket. You *could* monitor your bracket all day to try to keep your lead, but the effort does not justify the reward, so screw that. The basic tactic will be set yourself up, get screwed, and have no scope to do anything about it. Allies, and of course having multiple alts in the same bracket might make a difference, but that’s essentially the same as having the bracket decided before the last day anyway.

Indeed.

I’ll play this week anyway, so I don’t fall behind on medals…

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Yeah, this theme certainly advantages klan raiders and prevents all tactical planning.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Amasius Posted:

Yeah, this theme certainly advantages klan raiders and prevents all tactical planning.

Well klan raiding advantages klan raiding, that’s still a separate issue.

I think my main problem is the time window is just too large. I could sit down with the idea that the round might finish any time within the next, say, hour or 2. That might add some tension to the game. Longer than that, no.

It might also be an idea to have a (say) 2 / 5 / 10 minute warning about the bracket ending rather than a straight cut-off.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/31/2008 8:16AM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

It might also be an idea to have a (say) 2 / 5 / 10 minute warning about the bracket ending rather than a straight cut-off.

I am considering this. But it kind of defeats the point of the theme. I’ll say maybe at this point Log in to see images!

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I am considering this. But it kind of defeats the point of the theme. I’ll say maybe at this point Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

it defeats the point of the theme.

Seriously, don’t. It’ll be up to whoever doesn’t have anything to do that day and while that would normally favor me, I have a dentist appointme the interests of more casual players than myself in mind always.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

SG94 Posted:

Seriously, don’t. It’ll be up to whoever doesn’t have anything to do that day and while that would normally favor me, I have a dentist appointme the interests of more casual players than myself in mind always.

Alright, fair.

No warning.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I honestly don’t see the reasoning behind this weeks theme. Who does it benefit, what does it achieve? What does it add that compensates for what is taken away?

*honest question, not just me being a total whiny **** again

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/31/2008 4:32PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I honestly don’t see the reasoning behind this weeks theme. Who does it benefit, what does it achieve? What does it add that compensates for what is taken away?

*honest question, not just me being a total whiny **** again

I’m curious to see how (if) people enjoy the game without the last minute grind. It should change the way people play Domination, perhaps, for the better? I know a lot of people can’t play at 9pm when it normally ends. So we’re considering “random end time” and/or rotating end time to accomodate Euro players…

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

i dont do last minute grinds or speed runs or end a loop..

Ronnie Blaze edited this message on 10/31/2008 4:32PM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Ronnie Blaze Posted:

i dont do last minute grinds or speed runs or end a loop..

I wonder what you do instead that might give you the chance of a few medals.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/31/2008 4:32PM

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

Klan Raid and Solo Raid.

Ronnie Blaze edited this message on 10/31/2008 4:32PM

Squidly

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I’m curious to see how (if) people enjoy the game without the last minute grind. It should change the way people play Domination, perhaps, for the better? I know a lot of people can’t play at 9pm when it normally ends. So we’re considering “random end time” and/or rotating end time to accomodate Euro players…

There must be a better way to address the last minute thing than eliminating strategy and giving medals out to random players. You might as well just roll a dice. Speed limit on playing cards? Penalty on last minute scoop earnings?

Squidly edited this message on 10/31/2008 5:16PM

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I like the idea of a random ending time.

It’s rather good for those of us who can’t always be in front of the computer at the exact time that the round ends (which is around 2:00 AM for those of us in the UK, I think) but who want a game that they can play at a time that suits us better.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I wonder what will be the probability of dom ending AFTER 9pm.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

That’s for me to know and for you to… to.. to not know.

In other words, unannounced.

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

Grayson81 Posted:

I like the idea of a random ending time.

It’s rather good for those of us who can’t always be in front of the computer at the exact time that the round ends (which is around 2:00 AM for those of us in the UK, I think) but who want a game that they can play at a time that suits us better.

That! Log in to see images!

Also, a different strategy (no last minute grind and card frenzy) is not no strategy.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Indeed.

Waiting eagerly on endtime.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

You know, it’s possible that the whole theme is a ploy to deal with daylight savings and it’s just going to end an hour earlier than regular time. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!