Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Concerning flezz and/or BP sinks, cred, and stealing ideas from other video games.

Dead Celebri-
ty Seance Dr-
oid Mk-10

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

DCSD10:> "The mercenary system found in Diablo 2 is very interesting, and something akin to that might
          be viable in the ForumWarz universe.  Imagine, if you would, a version of this game whereby
          ambuming a certain amount of cred and flezz enabled one to launch their own server and/or
          forum, to which aspiring internet superstars (in the form of randomized NPCs) might flock.  
          In this dystopian future, such NPCs might be hired to supplement the PCs abilities in a 
          variety of ways:
            1) by attacking forums concurrently, as moderated by NPC level/equipment/etc.
            2) by occasionally supplementing .moar file and/or flezz income through various
               nefarious activities.
            3) by providing buffs and/or healing during combat, with moderation similar 
               to 1)
            4) by allowing access to some of the skillsets of other PC clbumes, should the
               PC complete certain tasks that enable them to recruit NPCs of other clbumes.
            5) by treating this hypothetical forum as a 'home base' or 'headquarters', and
               allowing for improvements to be applied to it, said forum could pbumively
               bolster a character's statistics or skills.
          I believe that with some tailoring and discussion, this idea could serve as both a
          sink for flezz and BP.  These currencies could be used in hiring, training, outfitting,
          and otherwise improving your NPC following in strength (mostly through flezz
          expenditure) and number (mostly throught BP expenditure)."

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Take out any mention of BP and it sounds good.

****tlebricks

Avatar: 64836 Sun Oct 26 21:31:24 -0400 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

THAT’S SOME AWESOME ****. I APPROVE.

Edit: Game discussion oh shi-

Shittlebricks edited this message on 10/26/2008 9:36PM

Zi

Avatar: 10822 Wed Dec 24 04:02:22 -0500 2008

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I dig, but the forum difficulties would have to be retooled again.

Sapper

Avatar: 8525 2009-12-20 17:41:27 -0500

[So ronery]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

A few BP to start or maintain onwership of a forum, a certain flezz amount per week or day to keep the forum up. Maybe an E Peen reward, a leaderboard, a new flavor of scoops or some way to tie it into domination. Use the existing forum buildr forums, no need to make them all brand new. Pay flezz to insert moar files, set difficulties (tied to cred) and maybe even (finally) find a way to tie the XSS and FBO files into the forum buildr forums.

Sounds like a good way to keep the hits coming, sink some flezz, and maybe even earn a few bucks for CZ.

Lets be honest here, I am all for free and cheap, but CZ has to earn a living, and something like this would mean a lot of work. This game kicks bum, and eventually CZ is going to have to pay lawyers as well as programmers to keep the site running. Of course, this is coming from someone who doesnt play the game on daddy’s connection using his credit card, so your milage may vary.

Lord Shplane

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

My problem with using BP for this is that it would give donators an advantage, which is something CZ himself has said he didn’t want to do.

I can understand alts, name changes and the like being something you have to pay for, but not something that will give you a distinct advantage on your character.

That’s why game dolphin, shoot your wad etc disqualify you from domination and such.

Dead Celebri-
ty Seance Dr-
oid Mk-10

Level 35 Hacker

Sapper Posted:

Use the existing forum buildr forums, no need to make them all brand new.

DCSD10:> "My processing suggests that it might be entertaining to use, instead, a set of clbum
          specific forums with content generated through special sessions of Forumbuildr.  We could
          use a new word type to insert the forum owner's name as appropriate.  My processing suggests
          further that such a deployment might allow for more interesting possibilities, like some sort
          of player-versus-player competitiveness whereby, for those that opt to participate, various
          users' own forums could be targeted."

Dead Celebri-
ty Seance Dr-
oid Mk-10

Level 35 Hacker

Lord Shplane Posted:

Take out any mention of BP and it sounds good.

DCSD10:> "It was my processing that BP might be sunk into this process in multiple ways.  Should
          using BP to enable more 'recruits' be objectionable, perhaps they could be used to personalize
          one's forum to one's own desire.  As a corollary, one's forum could then become a target for
          pranks, thus adding more ways to spend BP that do not skew the gameplay mechanics in favor of
          non-paying users."

Sapper

Avatar: 8525 2009-12-20 17:41:27 -0500

[So ronery]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Dead Celebrity Seance Droid Mk-10 Posted:

DCSD10:> "My processing suggests that it might be entertaining to use, instead, a set of clbum
          specific forums with content generated through special sessions of Forumbuildr.  We could
          use a new word type to insert the forum owner's name as appropriate.  My processing suggests
          further that such a deployment might allow for more interesting possibilities, like some sort
          of player-versus-player competitiveness whereby, for those that opt to participate, various
          users' own forums could be targeted."

I know what you said. I was just “tossing the salad”, offering up different ideas of how to implement your excellent suggestion.

And the whole BP giving donaters an advantage is not even a consideration here. Non donaters could benfit from the increased content, some of it generated by players. If you dont want the E peen then dont buy a forum. If some aspect of this is implemented into Domination, then yes, that would give donaters and advantage. But the same thing applies to clan members and those with lots of alts, so I dont see how the advantage would be that large or unblalancing.

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

I call the paladin dude that uses a spear. I want to feel his aura all over me.

Oh yeah, that’s the ticket.

Lord Shplane

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

Sapper Posted:

so I dont see how the advantage would be that large or unblalancing.

Because having several characters to help your character out in a forum would give mbumive advantages on speedruns?

Melted Fish

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

Depends. If it took time for the other characters to attack, and they were less effective than you, it might actually hurt speedruns.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Something like this might also be cool to have with klans, and having everyone pitch in crazy amounts of flezz to build a klan “website” or “forum”. If you were really hardcore awesome Log in to see images! you could try being in a klan of one and building the whole thing by yourself. They could buff everyone in the klan (maybe lessen the effect depending on how big the klan is?) and maybe there would be different buffs depending on what you decide to buy, and even maybe silly stuff for flamebate or whatever.

anyway there is my terrible idea that will never be put in the game Log in to see images!

Lord Shplane

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

crayoncakes Posted:

Something like this might also be cool to have with klans, and having everyone pitch in crazy amounts of flezz to build a klan “website” or “forum”. If you were really hardcore awesome Log in to see images! you could try being in a klan of one and building the whole thing by yourself. They could buff everyone in the klan (maybe lessen the effect depending on how big the klan is?) and maybe there would be different buffs depending on what you decide to buy, and even maybe silly stuff for flamebate or whatever.

anyway there is my terrible idea that will never be put in the game Log in to see images!

Yeah, would punish people who aren’t in a Klan too much (Me) therefore I am against it.

Veist

Avatar: 35066 2012-11-21 18:44:47 -0500

[I hate you all]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

It definitely needs to either cost flezz or bp and be a “Cheat” and not both. Like the basic idea, also like the suggestion of letting people customize and grief via BP the forums. If it costs flezz I would hope that we do something about the big piles of flezz people have ambumed before implementing it so that we don’t give people too big of an advantage for being around when the economy was out of whack. After cleaning up economy it would probably be a good ongoing flezz sink to give it an upkeep cost.

Edit: and actually it seems like it would be a waste of a lot content to make it a cheat so I would say just scrap making it cost BP to get one.

Veist edited this message on 10/27/2008 4:39PM

Dead Celebri-
ty Seance Dr-
oid Mk-10

Level 35 Hacker

DCSD10:> run bump.exe_

Initializing…_

BUMP_

BUMP:> quit_

Dead Celebrity Seance Droid Mk-10 edited this message on 11/09/2008 2:01PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!