Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Let's Tune up Episode 2! <Spoilers Galore!>

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

hacker is the most powerful char, try it with a diff char and minimal deliveries and you wont be telling me its easier.

Played through it with a Re-Re (Mr Fappy), and done it on the past (Serious Cat). It was MUCH easier going through EP1 with Fappy.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Fran Posted:

Played through it with a Re-Re (Mr Fappy), and done it on the past (Serious Cat). It was MUCH easier going through EP1 with Fappy.

That’s probably because their attack upgrade point costs dropped by about 95%. You had several dozen extra points to spend as a result.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Fran Posted:

i wasnt talking about ep1, i was talking about when there were few deliveries during ep2

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 11/07/2008 11:00AM

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Well, my major point was that most of the books suck, and the one you get for free is actually very good. It would have been much more logical to give people a ****ty book and have much better books available in the store.

Heck, I can even think of clbum themes; O’Reilly books for hackers, poetry for emokids, “For dummies” books for permanoobs, Dr Seuss books for Re-res, romance novels for Camwhores, and various ‘reference image’ books for trolls.

Also, here’s a   sink: Magazine subscriptions.

4200, Death (Bleeder’s Digest?), Buxom, CP Lamer, Lowlights for retards, and something for permanoobs that I can’t think of at the moment.

I like these concepts.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

The easiest way I can think of to handle subscriptions is to make their 100% repair cost equal to their purchase cost, and have them take 10% damage very update.

That would make the first ‘issue’ cost  X, and each subsequent ‘issue’ would be 10% as much.

A better method would be to deduct the cost directly from people’s accounts at the update, but I expect that would require more new coding.

As for the benefits, I think that we should think outside the stat box and consider special effects. Constant ego/secondary regeneration, receiving ego for damaging threads, starting thread in-fighting, etc…

Naturally, none of these should affect scoops or cards, since that would royally screw up domination.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/07/2008 12:46PM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

i have another suggestion, since the bubble troll txt game is way tougher than the first game, there should be a peen for it or some reward, imo.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

i have another suggestion, since the bubble troll txt game is way tougher than the first game, there should be a peen for it or some reward, imo.

Been suggested several times before, and as I said then, I disagree. Because the game is saved in a URL, and so you just need a game saved one move before the end to make it actually easier to “beat” than the Ep1 game.

Also, what does this have to do with tuning up Ep2?

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

tuning up means more fun, more possibilities, upgreaded stuff, what makes that suggestion not applicable? also, i think it sucks that something that much more complex compared to 1st txt game, theres no reward..-when i found out there was no reward for beating it, i quit playing…

-what is the point of the bubbletroll game when theres no reward? do you thnik these new ppl enjoy txt games..? i bumure you most do not.

-to add a bit to this, i realize the format its done in makes it difficult to add a reward for it, i read that somewhere, a mod/admin said it, but is it really that hard to work around? its a txt game, for chrissakes..

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 11/07/2008 1:21PM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

on top of that, why does it have no sidescroll bar? are people supposed to wear out there mousewheel when you try to scroll back a bit to see certain commands? and another thing, why does it not give a basic list of commands?

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

If you’re afraid that somebody’s going to copypasta wins, then why not have a flag array that says which parts of the game they completed and only handing out the reward to people who have completed all sections?

Or using the account/alt ID to hash the base address to get player/alt-specific URLs that are worthless for copypasta?

This is hardly an unsolvable problem, the only question is how abuse-proof a solution do you want (The Trapped in a Cupboard guide on the wiki?) and how much time do you want to spend on it.

Papa Zito

[Disciples of Atrop-
os
]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Also, here’s a   sink: Magazine subscriptions.

4200, Death (Bleeder’s Digest?), Buxom, CP Lamer, Lowlights for retards, and something for permanoobs that I can’t think of at the moment.

Insane Magazine?

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Papa Zito Posted:

Insane Magazine?

Sounds good to me.

Does anybody else want to build on this idea?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I’m sure people have complained about this before.. Game is way too easy now. Before ep 2 GFOC or Faux News was really hard to beat, they were a big challenge even at top level. Now you can easily cruise through second wife without spending drugs. Make harder forums plz.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

see, i’d agree with an e-peen for beating the text game: that **** is hard and optional. it’s a challenge which deserves a reward of sorts.

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’d like to see more sidequests that don’t involve pwning forums. For example, THE_**** asking you to win a certain number of rounds of INCIT and giving you items or equipment according to your performance.

Also: more silly puzzles like the Halloween one. For example, a hidden riddle that gives you a term to search for in Sentrillion, which leads to another puzzle and, eventually, leads to a secret forum (Crotch Zombie Super-Secret Staff forum?), which can then be pwned for fun, profit and E-Peen.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Do you ever plan on tuning up gameplay?

twas

Level 35 Troll

Defense should have a smaller dodge percentage. I had two level 23 or 24 characters take on Geronimo and they both went at least 2 threads without taking a hit. And that is with having attacks at 100 and using over 10 turns per thread.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Underscorewas Posted:

1. Level 25?+ forums should have stronger attacks and a higher pwnage.

If we are going to continue to have attacks that hit for 1,000 and 2,000 we are going to need forums with 4000+ pwnage. And no this is not a petition to nerf offense. Higher pwnage has the possibility of increasing repair costs, encouraging more spending on consumable, and a readjustment on upgrade point bumignment. Also, it might make moar files useful.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

was Posted:

If we are going to continue to have attacks that hit for 1,000 and 2,000 we are going to need forums with 4000+ pwnage. And no this is not a petition to nerf offense. Higher pwnage has the possibility of increasing repair costs, encouraging more spending on consumable, and a readjustment on upgrade point bumignment. Also, it might make moar files useful.

I agree with this 100%. Some seriously challenging forums would be wonderful to see. Looking at Faux News in its old Ep 1 state it had over 2000 hp and hit for the same amount as the max healing item. Compared to other high level Ep 1 forums it had around 8x the hp per thread and did huge damage. It was a challenge, as was Great Firewall and to a lesser extent Second Wife and Hall of Faded Fame.

I guess it’s a dual nature thing, some players don’t have nearly as much time available and the ability to zip through big forums in under a minute is awesome. For those that do there isn’t anything challenging about 1,2,1,2,1,2 or whatever pattern they use. I liked getting JingJing for my re-re and beating invisible Faux News on it’s debut night, it actually felt like a challenge had been overcome. It’d be cool if we saw a few things like that in the future.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’d love to introduce some challenging content soon! Just have to prioritize what we are working on next Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!