Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Let's Tune up Episode 2! <Spoilers Galore!>

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

So most of the major game breaking issues have been addressed at this point, and we are down to mostly low priority issues and new features.

I understand there are some issues with the game economy that are out of whack, and I’d like to discuss them with you guys in this thread. First and foremost, I know that people are earning way more Flezz than they should be, so that will probably be addressed first.

In another thread, Orb said he finds grinding from 10-20 frustrating. I’ll take a look at how smooth that goes too.

What else is off guys?

Remember, detail is important here. Explain what it is about the game’s balance or economy you don’t like, and why you think it should be fixed. Ideally, a suggested fix would be good, but feel free to allow others to discuss.

Let’s keep this conversation civil. Name calling / trolling will be an instant ban.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

I dislike how the jump from Episode 1 to Episode 2 occurs.

Church of Sayintology is level 12, and yet Amish Gone Wilde and Trident Media are 15/13 repsectively. I understand you don’t need to initially pwn Amish Gone Wilde to complete Amishcidal Maniac but it seems counterproductive not too.

Perhaps introduce the Quest for Sayintology earlier so there is a place to do before the initial 2 missions?

Also, Surgeries don’t get damaged, which is sort of reasonable, but just putting that out there.

7VibratingLa-
ngston

Avatar: 64688 Sun Oct 19 21:42:40 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

-There are little endgame items at around level 21 I had maxed out everything, shoes are weak as hell now.

-After level 27 there are little moves to earn.

-Gamble-Bot-9000’s bets are now useless to the liberal elite like me, only giving me 10 scoops a day.

-THE_**** needs more roids to sell.

-We need more Billie she was awesome.

-XSS are unbalanced in comparison to rewards.

-I get the same Junk every day.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

i don’t see any problem yet at least as a troll

10-19 has been incredibly easy and most of my equip is pre-episode 2

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

As to the level 10 – 20 grind. I very much disagree with the 17 – 20 (Obscure is a perfect grinder there and it’s silly to think anyone can’t afford consumables to overrun their level if they want to level grind.)

I think a couple of community forums with a slightly shorter thread count (5 – 7 thread range) that deliver cred in a manner similar to Obscure or Teen Mommies (only scaled for that level slot obviously) would fix this completely. Something at about 18 power would be perfect.

Also, I’m sure I’m not the only one who reported it, but lingerie still taking no damage.

scully edited this message on 10/26/2008 3:45PM

7VibratingLa-
ngston

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

I started ep 2 at level 15 with almost maxed out equipment as a camwhore. It was moderately easy, now as for my Perma-Noob it is jaw droppingly boring though it should speed up after I get my next attacks.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

gigerth Posted:

i don’t see any problem yet at least as a troll

10-19 has been incredibly easy and most of my equip is pre-episode 2

Curious. What forums have you been grinding for 10-19, and on which clbumes?

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Something that’s been frustrating me for ages and really is below par is your buying/selling interface. It’s a subject that’s been brought up many times and there’s always something else that gets higher priority, and while that’s certainly understandable, the result is that we still have to check individual boxes to sell items, and resort to Arktor’s trick (which doesn’t work on all browsers even) to buy multiple of them. If I want to buy/sell 100 of an item, I want to type 100 into a box and be done with it.

Secondly, people will want to raid again soon, and currently it’s not possible to monitor all forums on any character. Make it so upon completing the game you can see who holds which forum, even the ones your particular clbum can’t enter. With the higher solo vanilla reward, it would also make sense to give access to the domination tab to characters who aren’t klanned.

That’s just off the top of my head, probably more coming up later.

7VibratingLa-
ngston

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

You need to appoint INCIT-Czars, to add pictures and remove bad ones. You keep jamming INCIT down our thoughts through THE_**** and “You have died, try INCIT” messages so you might as well fix it up. We need more than just the mods doing it. We need a fleet.

I would vote Orb as the Czar, and have him add what people he thinks is best.

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Evil Trout Posted:

In another thread, Orb said he finds grinding from 10-20 frustrating. I’ll take a look at how smooth that goes too.

Noticed this with my hacker (and permanoob, but that’s supposed to be frustrating). Perhaps toning down the effect of being underleveled for a thread, or capping it somehow would help? Like, say I’m trying to beat a level 20 thread, so at level 19 there’s x gimping on my attacks etc. at level 18 there’s 2x, 17 has 3x or whatever, but then cap it there, so a level 15 character will still find it harder to beat this tough forum, but not ridiculously so.

It’s possible this is already being done – I’ve not really looked into it, but a nerf here couldn’t hurt. Basically the system is fairly balanced for episode 1, so as long as you do a little grinding you’ll probably get by with being 1 level under the thread you’re trying to beat, but once you hit episode 2 (which I did at level 9) there’s this jump to a level 13 forum, then another to a level 15, with no easier forums appearing in the story for a little while.

SG94 Posted:

[stuff]

Also, please, please, please do these.

Adeptus edited this message on 10/26/2008 3:43PM

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

Orb Posted:

Curious. What forums have you been grinding for 10-19, and on which clbumes?

clbum is troll

here’s a pastie of all forums i’ve visited since i started ep2 http://pastie.org/300941

e: that’s not a very good representation of it so i just took a screenshot:

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/26/10/48/1251407_615x1004.png

gigerth edited this message on 10/26/2008 3:53PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Adeptus, that would be fine except that with enough consumables it becomes insanely easy to overrun your level. A big pile of consumables and a level 15 character could take on something like Teem Mommies and gain levels in one really long, tedious visit.

Ball Soup

Avatar: 28290 Sun Oct 26 17:19:51 -0400 2008

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Would love to see some kind of ‘trade-in value’ on the various shop interfaces, to make it simpler for those of us without a ton of flezz at any particular moment to buy a better whatever and thus eliminate the bookmarks -> store (to check prices) -> bookmarks -> pawn shop/sell item(s) -> bookmarks -> store/buy item(s) process.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

scullyangel Posted:

As to the level 10 – 20 grind. I very much disagree with the 17 – 20 (Obscure is a perfect grinder there and it’s silly to think anyone can’t afford consumables to overrun their level if they want to level grind.)

I think a couple of community forums with a slightly shorter thread count (5 – 7 thread range) that deliver cred in a manner similar to Obscure or Teen Mommies (only scaled for that level slot obviously) would fix this completely. Something at about 18 power would be perfect.

yeah we’re (i’m) not saying grinding is hard, i’m saying it’s boooooooooooooooooooring. Log in to see images!

also why is the job board closed on saturdays anyway, it’s not like i’ve got anything better to do Log in to see images!

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

scullyangel Posted:

Adeptus, that would be fine except that with enough consumables it becomes insanely easy to overrun your level. A big pile of consumables and a level 15 character could take on something like Teem Mommies and gain levels in one really long, tedious visit.

Well, the idea was kinda bumuming that the whole flezz economy should get a mbumive pruning back at some point too, which’d stop that. You’re right that it’s a terrible idea without some other measures in place first though. Oh well, maybe it’ll trigger someone else’s synapses for new ideas.

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i still don’t know why people are complaining about the grinding, i pretty much only had to do the missions and a few of herschel’s pwn jobs for money to get by

maybe it’s different for other clbumes but trolls should have no problems

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

gigerth Posted:

clbum is troll

here’s a pastie of all forums i’ve visited since i started ep2 http://pastie.org/300941

e: that’s not a very good representation of it so i just took a screenshot:

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/26/10/48/1251407_615x1004.pn

Hmmm. Impressive. And this from starting at level 10?

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

gigerth Posted:

i still don’t know why people are complaining about the grinding, i pretty much only had to do the missions and a few of herschel’s pwn jobs for money to get by

maybe it’s different for other clbumes but trolls should have no problems

yo i don’t mean to sound like an impatient two-year old maybe i’m doing something wrong but it feels like i’m having to do a ton of job board missions just to keep up with the forum difficulties

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

I think the cred started me out at 12 but it shouldn’t make that much of a difference

e: @tesfan maybe your stats are messed up, i only have to use maybe 3-6 consumables for the really hard ones, but that’s another topic entirely

gigerth edited this message on 10/26/2008 4:03PM

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

gigerth Posted:

I think the cred started me out at 12 but it shouldn’t make that much of a difference

No, that wouldn’t have made much of a difference. I’m just amazed because I’d imagine you’d start at a higher level than that. Even my Permanoob started at level 13, and I haven’t really played with that since I beat Coral Springs.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!