Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Let's Tune up Episode 2! <Spoilers Galore!>

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Bling Fling Posted:

We need harder forums in general, I’m one-hitting virtually everything and even Re-Res don’t need any consumables on any forums once leveled up.

I very much agree with this. Something where it has nice .moar files, but each thread has health like the final Geronimo! thread and hits for 100+. Maybe make it a level 37 or something, so that just to enter attacks are weakened.

You might consider building in some sort of auto – damage on high level forums as well. Something where the penalty just for clicking the first thread is a 10%? 20%? damage hit to all your equipment.

Currently I am overkilling (by quite a bit) everything in one shot. This of course means that I have zero repair costs since the forums never have a chance to hit me back, and have zero consumable costs. I’m doing this on Cams and Hackers so far. I’m sure I’ll be able to tweak my trolls to do the same with a couple of .moar files. Not sure if my Emo will ever get the same thing because of the way their attacks work, but I haven’t had the free time to play with it and it’s at the lowest level of all my “done with Ep 2” characters.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I don’t think it’s the forum level that’s the problem, I think it’s the new build costs. It’s so easy to get ridiculous offensive numbers as you level up. Maybe reducing the points earned from 5/level to 3/level would help balance across the board?

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

MC Banhammer Posted:

I don’t think it’s the forum level that’s the problem, I think it’s the new build costs. It’s so easy to get ridiculous offensive numbers as you level up. Maybe reducing the points earned from 5/level to 3/level would help balance across the board?

That would:

-hurt the low levels too much from my (limited!) experience, as the game seems to have sufficient difficulty on that end;

-not really make much of a change at the high end. If anything, I’d take two turns in stead of one to kill a thread if upgrades cost more and nothing else was changed. In fact I ran forums with 0 upgrades into offense and still met job board requirements.

Canadian Kit-
ten

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

I’d like an option to reset a character back to level 0 and re-play the game from the start.I already have a bunch of alts and don’t see the use in making more.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

do you guys even know what its like to go from level 1 onwards, during ep2? most of you started at high levels. 3 points per level?! give me a break..

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Canadian Kitten Posted:

I’d like an option to reset a character back to level 0 and re-play the game from the start.I already have a bunch of alts and don’t see the use in making more.

While that would be cool on one hand, it’s a bit tricky as it would allow you to go down seperate paths and get different clbum specific E-Peen. Maybe it would be feasible if it cost like 1 BP and took away all clbum E-Peen earned up to that point?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

When dealing with the end game, I don’t think it’s a good idea to make things a chore.

I think it’s really cool to have some challenging forums, but then I thought invisible Faux News was entertaining. Realistically, besides a handful of peenwhores who ground the hell out of things *after* they finished Episode 1, how many players stopped running any visits? Forcibly making things take longer isn’t a good answer. Over the last few months all I’ve heard about is people not having enough time to run their characters. Most was in response to Domination talk, but I don’t see how that same lack of time wouldn’t have an impact on the job board or collecting .moar files. Currently if you get yourself to level 33 you can run any forum in under a minute. That is 15 minutes every 3 days to use all your visits, that is not bad for anyone regardless of available time.

Being able to 1 or 2 shot things is a very good thing for those with limited time or lack of attention span. BUT, as things are there is zero cost. Maybe that doesn’t matter. Maybe a simple flezz cap would solve everything. Maybe the whole thing shouldn’t be forum related at all. Perhaps once a player hits the level cap there should be a daily equipment degrading?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

do you guys even know what its like to go from level 1 onwards, during ep2? most of you started at high levels. 3 points per level?! give me a break..

I do. I’m playing two characters through from the start: a hacker and a re-re. And both are having a MUCH easier time than before the Ep2 changes.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

1. Level 25?+ forums should have stronger attacks and a higher pwnage.

2. Equipment attributes might need to be reevaluated. I have rarely used a secondary stat consumable.

3. I have been awake for too long.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Underscorewas Posted:

1. Level 25?+ forums should have stronger attacks and a higher pwnage.

2. Equipment attributes might need to be reevaluated. I have rarely used a secondary stat consumable.

3. I have been awake for too long.

We still have to wait for real high level forums though.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere but a good flezz sink might be to be able to buy more haxl resets (on top of the 1 per four days) for lots of flezz.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

I dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere but a good flezz sink might be to be able to buy more haxl resets (on top of the 1 per four days) for lots of flezz.

why not just make it so you have to buy haxl resets in the first place, but remove the time limit.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Inertia Posted:

why not just make it so you have to buy haxl resets in the first place, but remove the time limit.

With the new economy this may be worth trying again.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Canadian Kitten Posted:

Signed.

However, it should be that you are locked into your clbum. You start as a Re-re, and although you can play as that clbum for as long as you want, you can only choose that alt’s previous clbum.

HOWEVER, if you want to pay 1-2 BP then you are allowed to re-pick your clbum on the next ‘reincarnation’ and from then on you can pick any clbum that has been so ‘unlocked’.

Does that sound reasonable?

On an unrelated note, is there even a point to the Tall Jungle **** store? Why bother buying a book when you get the best one for free an insignificant period of time later?

On Haxl resets: Have resets cost a level-dependent or percentage amount of your total  , but have that cost drop down to nothing over th course of 4 days. People with the   to spare WOULD spend it on respecs, but people who are strapped for cash would sit it out like always. Nobody suffers, nobody gains any real advantage,   is spent, and we can finally update the upgrade Wiki page properly.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/07/2008 8:45AM

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Signed.

On an unrelated note, is there even a point to the Tall Jungle **** store? Why bother buying a book when you get the best one for free an insignificant period of time later?

Actually my hacker alt uses the Memoirs of a hacker hero book more than the free one simply because he tends to be lacking in Processing Power. Using that, .moar files, and the surgery, he still only has 230 (which at higher levels is more than enough).

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Yes, I did so with my Hacker.

Was a LOT easier than EP1 playthrough with my troll.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Lord Shplane Posted:

Yes, I did so with my Hacker.

Was a LOT easier than EP1 playthrough with my troll.

hacker is the most powerful char, try it with a diff char and minimal deliveries and you wont be telling me its easier.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

also its probably been suggested here already but more ability slots would sure be nice

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

hacker is the most powerful char, try it with a diff char and minimal deliveries and you wont be telling me its easier.

Send me BP and I’ll go all the way through EP 2 as a rere without even switching to permanoob.

(4 BP preferably so that I can get an avatar, I really don’t want to look at Jimmy that long)

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Well, my major point was that most of the books suck, and the one you get for free is actually very good. It would have been much more logical to give people a ****ty book and have much better books available in the store.

Heck, I can even think of clbum themes; O’Reilly books for hackers, poetry for emokids, “For dummies” books for permanoobs, Dr Seuss books for Re-res, romance novels for Camwhores, and various ‘reference image’ books for trolls.

Also, here’s a   sink: Magazine subscriptions.

4200, Death (Bleeder’s Digest?), Buxom, CP Lamer, Lowlights for retards, and something for permanoobs that I can’t think of at the moment.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!