Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News The Road to Episode 2: Two Upcoming Features

Solitus

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Cubear Posted:

does… does that mean that mario and luigi look the same to you guys..?

As long as it’s not one of the games where Luigi’s taller, it probably does. TRIPPY! Does that also mean that Christmas decorations are all grey and white? That’s pretty depressing.

Madacaek

[Fried Chikunz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’m pretty sure it’s not so much seeing red and green as gray, but not being able to tell red from green.

Is it wrong that I laughed when I saw that one shirt that had “**** THE COLORBLIND” written on it in green text on a red background? >_>

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Madacaek Posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s not so much seeing red and green as gray, but not being able to tell red from green.

Is it wrong that I laughed when I saw that one shirt that had “**** THE COLORBLIND” written on it in green text on a red background? >_>

Yeah this is correct. Many reds and greens appear as the same color to me. Mario and Luigi look different because Luigi is taller Log in to see images!

For most games and stuff it’s not a big deal. There is the odd one which is unplayable as far as I’m concerned (I’m looking at you, Bust a Move).

Madacaek

[Fried Chikunz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Huh, Bust A Move doesn’t have anything for colorblind people? Most clones of it that I’ve played have a setting in the options that makes shapes show up on the balls.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Madacaek Posted:

Huh, Bust A Move doesn’t have anything for colorblind people? Most clones of it that I’ve played have a setting in the options that makes shapes show up on the balls.

Well the original had different shapes in the bubbles (little trapped monsters I think), but if I had to take the time to closely look at the difference between purple and blue I’d always lose Log in to see images!

Maels

Level 26 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

i actually went and converted a bunch of images to what a red/green colourblind person and looked at them, mario always turned yellow but luigi sometimes turned grey. what a weird and cool thing to have.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

Cubear Posted:

i actually went and converted a bunch of images to what a red/green colourblind person and looked at them, mario always turned yellow but luigi sometimes turned grey. what a weird and cool thing to have.

The thing is, to us, that’s possibly just what they look like. To you it’s weird, but, anyone who’s colorblind has never -not- been colorblind, so they don’t know the difference.

I’ve never confused Mario and Luigi though- I’m only mildly colorblind, really. Some specific shades of certain colors look the same, but, it’s not like I see them as gray. Colorblind doesn’t necessarily mean “blind to color” so much as “sees colors incorrectly”.

I’d never mistake a red traffic light for a green one, for instance. But a dull pink might look grey to me. And a darker green could look sort of reddish. It’s really a tossup unless I’ve got something to point at.

Maels Posted:

...and you are mean.

Kelp Plankton edited this message on 12/11/2007 5:58PM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

Kelp Plankton Posted:

...and you are mean.

well, green traffic lights actually have a lot of blue in them. Still, I’d like to experience what your 5 percent of the population does. It sounds neat.

Ryouga Inver-
se

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I can kind of see a curve in the first one; what do those things say?

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

the first one is a gradient, red to pink.

the second one is just white noise, but red and green.

e: aw man, i just ran my avatar through one of those colourblind simulator converter things and it looks all monochrome and sad instead of warm and sexy.

Cubear edited this message on 12/12/2007 7:22AM

Maels

Level 26 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Cubear Posted:

the first one is a gradient, red to pink.

the second one is just white noise, but red and green.

nuh-uh

Madacaek

[Fried Chikunz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Ooh, ooh, I know. The first one is a pentagram and the second one is Elvis dressed as Santa Claus.

...no, seriously, I don’t see anything. Are you supposed to be able to see it only if you’re colorblind or only if you’re not colorblind or what? Because I most definitely don’t get it.

Ryouga Inver-
se

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Madacaek Posted:

Ooh, ooh, I know. The first one is a pentagram and the second one is Elvis dressed as Santa Claus.

...no, seriously, I don’t see anything. Are you supposed to be able to see it only if you’re colorblind or only if you’re not colorblind or what? Because I most definitely don’t get it.

I imagine it’s if you’re colorblind; I’m not and I can’t see anything, and someone in the thread who says they were colorblind called him mean. Log in to see images!

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Phew I thought I was colourblind for a second there.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Just an update: I’ve been working very hard on the new madlib engine that will be the basis for the forum building app. The engine we used to build Episode 1 worked well up until a point, but we were hitting some serious performance and usability walls towards the end. I wanted to make sure that if we were giving it to you guys that it would work well. Things are finally coming together now after a few days of hard work so that’s exciting.

I’ve also coded a voting system that seems to work pretty well. I made the decision to only count one vote per user account, not per character. In other words, if you have three characters attached to your account you can only vote on something once. This is to prevent people from buying extra accounts for themselves and voting stuff up.

I realize that people can just register multiple Forumwarz accounts with different email addresses, but it’s less convenient to switch in and out, and if it’s abused from a voting standpoint we’ll certainly catch it.

My goal is to launch the first version of that application sometime next week, and let you guys start playing with it at soon as possible. Of course this could change based on the feedback from the team and if I hit any unforseen technical hurdles Log in to see images!

Domination is a less challenging project from a technical standpoint, but since I have changed so much of the Forumwarz codebase for the builder application it will have to come afterwrads less I break even more than usual in my deploys Log in to see images!

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Maels Posted:

nuh-uh

Alright, I get it. the first one is a circle and the second one is a 6.

it’s really hard to hide pictures in images for just the colourful/colourblind people. I’ve been trying for the last half hour.

Cubear edited this message on 12/13/2007 7:43PM

LOLWUT

[ZJEM CIE]

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I missed the 6 and 0 on the first try, but luckily I had to get up and the contrast on my screen showed the numbers.

If you can’t see them, just try to see them at an angle. They’ll show.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Dec 19th: Update

I demoed the work-in-progress version of the forum building application to the team on Monday and they loved it. A lot of the hard work is done, but there’s still some small problems to solve before I’ll throw it out for you guys to use.

Here’s a screenshot of the current version:

What you’re looking at is the main page of the app, which we’re currently calling ForumBuildr v2.0 BETA.

In the right column, you can see ideas for next week’s build. The numbers in blue are those that you’ve already voted on. The yellow one has controls for you to vote it up or down.

At the end of the week, the highest voted idea will automatically be chosen, then it appears in the left column as shown as the one everyone works on for the week. As you can see, there are three bumons which lead to sub pages, where you can vote on those elements and add your own.

When you’re submitting material to make up the forum you’re encouraged to “Madlib” it. In other words, replace certain words with variables that are later replaced with a random word. The editor looks like this:

You are given a big text area to add content. If you put a code to insert a random word (example: @species) the site will do a random replacement before it’s shown.

There’s a lot of text explaining this, a search for words and a set of inspirations on the right. There are other fun codes you can use for generating random numbers and emoticons and stuff too.

We’ll be launching with about 100 random word types for you to use and will be adding more as time goes on.

As for the release date, I wanted to put it out this week, but I’ve got some XMAS parties and stuff coming up. The weekend or early next week is seeming more likely to me now for the first version Log in to see images!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

I can dig itLog in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!