Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Cred Cap

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Orb Posted:

tl;dr; (ok not really, but lets stop woman's genitalsing about)

Quang cheated, there’s really no question – he ran Faux News over a 2 month period achieving times that were impossible otherwise, even under optimal conditions (optimal character build, fast connection, FW server under light load) Reports were made, he wasn’t banned, and his alt was not marked as a cheating alt. So my question is – why not? He still hasn’t supplied a decent explanation, and neither has anyone from CZ about their lack of action. From all the evidence we have available it looks like he both cheated, and managed to bull**** himself out of any consequences for it. No magic required.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

tl;dr; (ok not really, but lets stop woman's genitalsing about)

Quang cheated, there’s really no question – he ran Faux News over a 2 month period achieving times that were impossible otherwise, even under optimal conditions (optimal character build, fast connection, FW server under light load) Reports were made, he wasn’t banned, and his alt was not marked as a cheating alt. So my question is – why not? He still hasn’t supplied a decent explanation, and neither has anyone from CZ about their lack of action. From all the evidence we have available it looks like he both cheated, and managed to bull**** himself out of any consequences for it. No magic required.

I’ve talked to him about it multiple times.

While it is fishy that he is beating it so quickly, I don’t have any direct proof, and the reports came in during a time when I was bum deep in EP2 development. Really, the only way I can test the cheating aspects is by profiling a player, and I was way too busy to set that up.

While for some, having incredible times is proof of cheating, I’d feel bad banning someone just on that.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Evil Trout Posted:

I’ve talked to him about it multiple times.

While it is fishy that he is beating it so quickly, I don’t have any direct proof, and the reports came in during a time when I was bum deep in EP2 development. Really, the only way I can test the cheating aspects is by profiling a player, and I was way too busy to set that up.

While for some, having incredible times is proof of cheating, I’d feel bad banning someone just on that.

To be honest this post sounds like this to me:

it’s permitted to cheat while I develop EP3, as long as I can’t look at it in a detailed way until it’s long after EP3 has been released.

Whiny **** I know…

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

^^^ Maybe if it was during the final couple of months, yeah.

Honestly we only have so much time. How would you dedicate yours if you were getting close to launch another episode and people started reporting ONE guy on the leaderboard? Would you take days to profile and hunt down the cheating? or finish what you’re working on first?

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I think that’s rather harsh, Fran. Of course no one wants people banned without evidence.

The problem is that under these cirgreat timesstances it seems likely no amount of evidence would count as “proof”. If quang is not going to be banned then I cant see what would convince CZ that someone is scripting. I would recommend amending the rules so scripting is not considered a bannable offense. That way, no one is technically cheating.

Failing that I would recommend a policy of civil disobedience- the community scripts regardless of the rules, bumured that they will still not be banned. Log in to see images!

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I think it is a situation similar to this one:

except is was more like

I was a fairly decent DML speedrunner, and my best times were something like triple quang’s.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Leechbait Posted:

alternatrely since there is a damage peenalty cap just get strong enough too do one second wife thread
instantly you level faster than any amouint of plot grinfding

Huh? Geronimo gives 33% more cred/thread than Second Wife and has a lower level threshold. You will powerlevel like mad.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Orb Posted:

I would recommend amending the rules so scripting is not considered a bannable offense. That way, no one is technically cheating.

Scripting isn’t a bannable offense per se, only pwning forums with bots is. I’ve bugged Bingebot to clarify the rules about scripting, without results so far. Allowing pwing with scripts would have a mbumive impact on domination and not a good one…

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Healbot Posted:

Huh? Geronimo gives 33% more cred/thread than Second Wife and has a lower level threshold. You will powerlevel like mad.

you dont have to unlock second wife

or any of the top few community forums
Leechbait edited this message on 10/29/2008 5:08AM

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Leechbait Posted:

you dont have to unlock second wife

or any of the top few community forums

Yes, but you will get your bum whooped hard until you’re in 5 level range of Second Wife.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Leechbait Posted:

alternatrely since there is a damage peenalty cap just get strong enough too do one second wife thread

instantly you level faster than any amouint of plot grinfding

Leechbait Posted:

alternatrely since there is a damage peenalty cap

Leechbait Posted:

there is a damage peenalty cap

Leechbait Posted:

damage peenalty cap

Leechbait edited this message on 10/29/2008 5:36AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Evil Trout Posted:

^^^ Maybe if it was during the final couple of months, yeah.

Honestly we only have so much time. How would you dedicate yours if you were getting close to launch another episode and people started reporting ONE guy on the leaderboard? Would you take days to profile and hunt down the cheating? or finish what you’re working on first?

I don’t see any problems with priorities. The problem is when the cheating problem is forgotten after your first priorities are done. If players didn’t remind you of what happened back on EP1, would you still remember what happened? Just because a new episode was released, doesn’t mean the problem would be lifted. Most people would embrace that as “I can do it as long as CZ is busy with other development stuff”.

That sounds like Devil’s Advocate, but stuff like that is more likely to happen then you think. I’m a pessimist, and I always believe will take every opportunity to cheat, if they have said opportunity open to them.

Orb Posted:

I think that’s rather harsh, Fran. Of course no one wants people banned without evidence.

You know I’m a harsh person, sweetie Log in to see images!

Zombie_Apoca-
lypse

Avatar: 21739 Thu Oct 16 07:18:05 -0400 2008

[dramatica]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Zombie_Apocalypse Posted:

I’ve been trying for months now to get the most cred e-peen and now I find there’s a cred cap at 100 million, I was right near the top too. So will that leader board be retired soon or what? it’s one less thing to work for.

Now that I have the e-peen, after much consideration, I give you permission to take that board down. Carry on.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Now that I have the e-peen, after much consideration, I give you permission to take that board down. Carry on.

No, shut up, after next rollover.

Zombie_Apoca-
lypse

Avatar: 21739 Thu Oct 16 07:18:05 -0400 2008

[dramatica]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Johnny Mac Posted:

No, shut up, after next rollover.

Sorry, I’ve already made my decision.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Sorry, I’ve already made my decision.

Parse Error

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

The cred cap only stops people from grinding for levels until episode 3 is released, it won’t stop the ones who like to play that way from over-leveling themselves before playing through that storyline though. I think somebody already mentioned this before it became a discussion about peen and cheating, but perhaps the difficulty of mission-related forums could be relative to character level instead of having a fixed difficulty level for everyone. I realize that’s much easier said than done, but it would give people the satisfaction of boosting their stats and pwning increasingly difficult community forums as they are created without taking the challenge away from the next installment of the game.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Why not just give people the “most cred” epeen as soon as they hit the cred cap?

After all, it’s kinda disappointing that it’s not available anymore.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Why not just give people the “most cred” epeen as soon as they hit the cred cap?

After all, it’s kinda disappointing that it’s not available anymore.

that’s what the level cap peen is for. you get something for maxing out your character.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

expect some funny numbers again when ep.3 come up

people will be spending every visit on geronimo when the leaderboard goes back, to get the e-peen.

anyway. We’ll have another mbumive tie. I can see alts dominating the max cred board (because they don’t play dom).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!