Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
PC Games So, when do I get my episode two access?

SeXxyYiFF4U

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I admit, the episode two intro was incredible. Evil Trout is really showing devotion to his work, and this looks completely worth it.

However, charging people who previously donated strikes me as unjust. A while back, when Trout was first announcing that he was going to make Episode 2 cost money, I (among other people) protested, saying that it’d kill the game, and many said it’d screw over previous donators.

Evil Trout stated that he was obviously going to give episode 2 away for free to anyone who previously donated to the game. I donated a few days later.

I do not have episode two access, and I am a brownie point short (spent a few, as I didn’t expect the system to to work this way) of just buying it. I’m not going to donate again, and I’m not begging for a brownie point. I’m just wondering why our admin went back on his word.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

You donated, you got your BP. You should have saved them.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

SeXxyYiFF4U Posted:

Evil Trout stated that he was obviously going to give episode 2 away for free to anyone who previously donated to the game

No

You’d get free Episode 2 if you helped on beta testing or were from buildr elite.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Fran Posted:

No

You’d get free Episode 2 if you helped on beta testing or were from buildr elite.

Damn you buildr elite, you dont know enough about the people you lead!

SeXxyYiFF4U

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Evil Trout Posted:

It’s good to hear your thoughts, truly, but I really think you guys are getting a little out of hand about a pricing scheme that hasn’t even been decided on.

The simple truth is that we don’t know enough about the economics of Forumwarz yet to make clear calls about the future. The fact is the game costs money to develop and run, and if we can’t clear those costs we can’t sustain it. So far you guys have been very generous and we love you for it, but it’s only been up for a matter of weeks! We don’t know how much money we can expect to take in from brownie point purchases and ads, as we have only a few days’ worth of data to go on. The most important thing to us is to keep the game running and keep improving that. To do so, a certain amount of income is required.

Now, in our internal discussions where we’ve talked about Episode 2 having a cost, we’ve constantly been saying “it will be free for existing donors.” The idea being, if you’ve given us ANYTHING, we plan to give you the new episode for free. I didn’t want to make any promises but if you have already supported us, episode 2 will be free, period.

We are not making all new content pay only. Trust me when I say we are planning new features that are absolutely free to play like Forumwarz is now. The existing free content is not going anywhere either.

I understand that in other RPG games allow you to buy items and stuff, but I’ve always been against the idea of someone buying a better ability than someone else. You’ll notice that so far none of our options give you a leg up in competitions.

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

SeXxyYiFF4U Posted:

I admit, the episode two intro was incredible. Evil Trout is really showing devotion to his work, and this looks completely worth it.

However, charging people who previously donated strikes me as unjust. A while back, when Trout was first announcing that he was going to make Episode 2 cost money, I (among other people) protested, saying that it’d kill the game, and many said it’d screw over previous donators.

Evil Trout stated that he was obviously going to give episode 2 away for free to anyone who previously donated to the game. I donated a few days later.

I do not have episode two access, and I am a brownie point short (spent a few, as I didn’t expect the system to to work this way) of just buying it. I’m not going to donate again, and I’m not begging for a brownie point. I’m just wondering why our admin went back on his word.

If you want it so much just buy the $5 package.

SeXxyYiFF4U

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

JioCaged Posted:

If you want it so much just buy the $5 package.

Why should I have to, when I was told it would be free to previous donators?

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

SeXxyYiFF4U Posted:

Whine, whine, whine…

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

what the **** is wrong with you fabulous persons

since when is telling someone you’re going to do something then not doing it acceptable

except when it’s something like “i’m going to kill your parents”

SeXxyYiFF4U

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

JioCaged Posted:

Whine, whine, whine…

I actually felt a pinge of rage before I realized that being a douchebag is the point of these forums.

Evil Trout Posted:

It’s good to hear your thoughts, truly, but I really think you guys are getting a little out of hand about a pricing scheme that hasn’t even been decided on.

The simple truth is that we don’t know enough about the economics of Forumwarz yet to make clear calls about the future. The fact is the game costs money to develop and run, and if we can’t clear those costs we can’t sustain it. So far you guys have been very generous and we love you for it, but it’s only been up for a matter of weeks! We don’t know how much money we can expect to take in from brownie point purchases and ads, as we have only a few days’ worth of data to go on. The most important thing to us is to keep the game running and keep improving that. To do so, a certain amount of income is required.

Now, in our internal discussions where we’ve talked about Episode 2 having a cost, we’ve constantly been saying “it will be free for existing donors.” The idea being, if you’ve given us ANYTHING, we plan to give you the new episode for free. I didn’t want to make any promises but if you have already supported us, episode 2 will be free, period.

We are not making all new content pay only. Trust me when I say we are planning new features that are absolutely free to play like Forumwarz is now. The existing free content is not going anywhere either.

I understand that in other RPG games allow you to buy items and stuff, but I’ve always been against the idea of someone buying a better ability than someone else. You’ll notice that so far none of our options give you a leg up in competitions.

Seriously, when an admin promises something to donators, he should deliver.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I sort of see where you’re coming from, dude. ET did say that, and CZ did end up changing their minds. And yeah, that does sort of suck for people who bumumed they did not need to save their BP. Log in to see images!

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

SeXxyYiFF4U Posted:

She’s got a very good point.

EDIT: I just hope they can retain some credibility in the future. I don’t think I’m gonna donate… maybe I will, maybe not, but I all I’m saying is they need to stand by what they say.

AtomicScripter edited this message on 10/25/2008 2:56PM

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

I sympathise, since I’d probably make the same sort of thread if I were in that situation tbh.

If I had any BP whatsoever, I’d send one your way man…

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Fran Posted:

No

p ****y post

But yeah, it’s pretty ****ty that they went back on their word like that.

sent you a bp

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I despise threads like this.

ET shouldn’t have said that EP2 would be free for previous donators, but using that single blog post as an excuse to expect a free episode 2 is bull****. Looking in the context of all the other blog posts from that time they weren’t sure of what to do about access cost.

To answer your question, you’ll get access when somebody takes pity on you and sends a BP, or when you buy it.

I personally think giving EP2 to donators would have been a terrible thing to do because old donations had nothing to do with future episodes. You bought them because at the time you wanted an alt or a new avatar or actually wanted to help the site. Expecting a donation from the past to apply to this ep2 from the future is dumb. Getting bumhurt over a sentence published weeks or months ago that only hinted at a promise is even more dumb.

And for crying out loud, it’s 5 dollars. If 5 dollars is such a huge deal to you, you must be impoverished and have bigger things to worry about than an internet game.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

ET shouldn’t have said that EP2 would be free for previous donators, but using that single blog post as an excuse to expect a free episode 2 is bull****. Looking in the context of all the other blog posts from that time they weren’t sure of what to do about access cost.

To answer your question, you’ll get access when somebody takes pity on you and sends a BP, or when you buy it.

I personally think giving EP2 to donators would have been a terrible thing to do because old donations had nothing to do with future episodes. You bought them because at the time you wanted an alt or a new avatar or actually wanted to help the site. Expecting a donation from the past to apply to this ep2 from the future is dumb. Getting bumhurt over a sentence published weeks or months ago that only hinted at a promise is even more dumb.

And for crying out loud, it’s 5 dollars. If 5 dollars is such a huge deal to you, you must be impoverished and have bigger things to worry about than an internet game.

While I agree entirely with you here Tubs, you still have to appreciate that ET probably should’ve at least made it clearer that donors will have to donate again if they’ve already spent their BP.

EDIT – by “clearer” I mean he should’ve said something along the lines of “If previous donors have already spent their BP, they will have to donate again due to financial issues”

I don’t mean that in a negative way of course, personally I think CZ are within their rights to ask for previous donors to pay again if they’ve already spent their BP, especially considering the depth to FW they’ve recently added (a lot of it isn’t even Ep 2 exclusive!)

Laguna edited this message on 10/25/2008 3:42PM

SeXxyYiFF4U

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

I thought it was a bad idea too, but he did promise it. When you promise something to the userbase that pays your hosting, you can’t go back on it. It’s not within his right to take back a business decision. Also, he didn’t hint at it, he downright promised it. Go do a search for episode 2, and you’ll see that Trout said that people who already paid would get this content for free far more than once.

Example: Micro$ releases a game.

Microsoft promises people who bought that game free DLC.

Microsoft releases the DLC and charges for it.

It’s perfectly legal, but it’s sgreat timesmy.

Thank you very much, nanajeebus, for the brownie point. I’ll enjoy episode two.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Laguna Posted:

While I agree entirely with you here Tubs, you still have to appreciate that ET probably should’ve at least made it clearer that donors will have to donate again if they’ve already spent their BP.

EDIT – by “clearer” I mean he should’ve said something along the lines of “If previous donors have already spent their BP, they will have to donate again due to financial issues”

I don’t mean that in a negative way of course, personally I think CZ are within their rights to ask for previous donors to pay again if they’ve already spent their BP, especially considering the depth to FW they’ve recently added (a lot of it isn’t even Ep 2 exclusive!)

Yes, I suppose. I still think he shouldn’t need to, though. Take this example: I’ve been looking for a new video card for months now. In september the GTX 280 was 420 bucks. Now it’s 510 for some reason. If I were to show ncix.com a screenshot of their old price and say “I want this card for 420 dollars because you used to say it was 420 dollars” I would be laughed at and get no discounted price. What makes the ep2 promise any different? Sure ep2 wasn’t available for sale back then, but I think the analogy still stands.

SeXxyYiFF4U

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Yes, I suppose. I still think he shouldn’t need to, though. Take this example: I’ve been looking for a new video card for months now. In september the GTX 280 was 420 bucks. Now it’s 510 for some reason. If I were to show ncix.com a screenshot of their old price and say “I want this card for 420 dollars because you used to say it was 420 dollars” I would be laughed at and get no discounted price. What makes the ep2 promise any different? Sure ep2 wasn’t available for sale back then, but I think the analogy still stands.

.............. what.

This would be more along the lines of the company promising that their business partners would get the GTX 280 for free if they made a minimum of ~$ in purchases, then nobody getting one.

SeXxyYiFF4U edited this message on 10/25/2008 4:18PM

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

SeXxyYiFF4U Posted:

Stay tuned for this important message:

SuperMonkeyMan was banned for this post by Evil Trout

SuperMonkeyMan edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!