Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Help Referencing a page element from a generated text variable in JavaScript

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Alright fabulous persons, I’ve got to do my damndest to **** you off so I can actually stay in this ****ty clbum, while asking you the most hackeresque question this young-as-Combobreaker-likes-’em forum has seen yet. So in that respect: **** you.

So, now the question. Take this sample of code.

<imagine this is javascript>
function updateVars(fieldnum) {
		if (!dogreat timesent.getElementById(fieldname)) dogreat timesent.getElementById("extravars").innerHTML += "<p id=\"var"+fieldnum+"\"></p>";
		dogreat timesent.getElementById("var"+fieldnum).innerHTML = "recognized var: "+("var"+fieldnum).value+" with value "+("val"+fieldnum).value+"<br>";
}
</imagine>
<form><text name="var1" onClick="updatevars(1)"> = <text name="val1" onClick="updatevars(1)">
<submit><p id="extravars"></p></form>

Ignoring the obvious lazy syntax and phony tags, how the **** would I make that work, particularly the second line in updateVars()...?! This is driving me bat**** insane, since there’s no single JavaScript resource like there is with PHP. Everything has to be done by describing a concept to Google, and that doesn’t exactly work here.

I can’t use “this”, because I need the function to reference both the variable and the value fields (and “this” would only return the one that’s selected). Ugh…

http://falconfour.com/bumhurt-cinematic
learn to ****ing spel

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Come on ****wits, I know there’s someone out there that knows this ****.

learn to ****ing spel

o0-M00N_KriK-
37-0o

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

ur stupatLog in to see images!

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Bumping for fabulous persony reply.

learn to ****ing spel

Combobreaker

Avatar: 70397 Sat Oct 25 21:25:15 -0400 2008

[WHEN I WAS]

Level 35 Troll

United States of Purple Drank

Saw my name.

Postin’ in ****ty thread

AtomicScripter Posted:

Those chances are about 2/1, you’re ugly as hell and about one half of the people here worship me

**** you

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Bump again for ****ty replies…

learn to ****ing spel

HybridFire

Level 10 Hacker

“Ohacku”

UR STUPAT!Log in to see images!

**** off wanker

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

o0-M00N_KriK37-0o Posted:

ur stupatLog in to see images!

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

Avatar: 70410 Tue Mar 31 18:27:10 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Posesses, and is, an incredibly large male reproductive organ

y0U’r3 @ F4990+.

Tesfan

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

ok serious answer time

take the code an

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

God damn, if you dumb ****ing woman's genitalss can’t help out, get the **** out.

learn to ****ing spel

Tesfan

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Tesfan Posted:

ok serious answer time

take the code an

shove it up ur buthoel

Tesfan edited this message on 10/26/2008 11:08PM

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

Avatar: 70410 Tue Mar 31 18:27:10 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Posesses, and is, an incredibly large male reproductive organ

FalconFour Posted:

God damn, if you dumb ****ing woman's genitalss can’t help out, get the **** out.

y0U’r3 @ F4990+.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

<imagine this is javascript>aluById(“extravars”Log in to see images!.innerHTML += ”<p id=\”var”+fieldnum+”\”></p>”;

if (!donClick=”updatevas(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: “+(“var”+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnrs(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: ogreat timesealue “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;nt.getElementById(fieldname)) dogreat timesent.getElementById(“extravars”Log in to see images!.innerHTML += ”<p id=\”var”+fieldnum+”\”></p>”;

dogreat timesent.g+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;erHTML += ”<p id=\”var”+fieldnum+”\”></p>”;

dogreat timesent.g+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;

}onClick=”updatevas(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: “+(“var”+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnrs(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var:

</imagine>

<form><text namClick=”updatevarse=”var1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevas(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: “+(“var”+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnrs(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: “+(“var”+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;

}

</imagine>

<form><text namClick=”updatevarse=”var1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”>

<submit><p id=”extravars”Click=”updatevars></p></form>

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

<imagine this is javascript>aluById(“extravars”.innerHTML e “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;ateVars(fieldnum) {ment.getElementById(“extravars”.inn if (!dogreat timesealue “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;nt.getElementById(fieldname)) dogreat timesent.getElementById(“extravars”.innerHTML += ”<p id=\”var”+fieldnum+”\”></p>”;

if (!donClick=”updatevas(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: “+(“var”+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnrs(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: ogreat timesealue “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;nt.getElementById(fieldname)) dogreat timesent.getElementById(“extravars”.inn if (!dogreat timesealue “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;nt.getElementById(fieldname)) dogreat timesent.getElementById(“extravars”.innerHTML += ”<p id=\”var”+fieldnum+”\”></p>”;

dogreat timesent.g+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;erHTML += ”<p id=\”var”+fieldnum+”\”></p>”;

dogreat timesent.g+fieldnum).value+” with v”updatevars></p></foralue “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;

}onClick=”updatevas(1)”>etElementById(“va”updatevars></p></forr”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: “+(“var”+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnrs(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var:

</imagine>

<form>evars(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”lue “+(“val”+fieldnrs(1)”>etElementById(“var”+fieldnum).innerHTML = “recognized var: “+(“var”+fieldnum).value+” with value “+(“val”+fieldnum).value+”<br>”;

}”updatevars></p></forevevaevars(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”rs(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”revars(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”
</imagine>evaevars(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”
<form><text namClick=”updatevarse=”var1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”> = <text name=”val1” onClick=”updatevars(1)”>

<submit><p id=”extravars”Click=”updatevars></p></form>

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

God I hate you, gigerth. Is it at all possible for you to go five seconds without being a gigantic homogay?

learn to ****ing spel

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i found a picture of you

fsdgsdfjijnk-
n y8 gui

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!