Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games "Drop" system not entirely random?

ZXZ

Avatar: 72820 Sat Oct 18 22:59:12 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Well, it’s either that, or after a certain luck value your loot (deliveries) from pwning a forum seems to be the same.

I pwnd 4 forums yesterday, to get JP. And today I got 4 Venus De Milos, a Pocket Watch, A Seasonal Centerpiece, a Children’s Playhouse Kit, an Empty Gas Pump, and a Human skull. In that same exact order, four times – Meaning 16 Venuses, etc.

Though it seems like a forum’s strength and your luck DO make somewhat random loot equivalents, it also seems like the value, once capped, always gives certain loot. I’ve gotten those same exact items for the past few days, with slightly varying Luck values each day.

Not that this is particularly important, I just thought it was interesting.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Your stats and some randomness always come into it. The random factor is very small though, so it’s quite possible you’d get the same deliveries if you did things the same way. Then again, if you did it again you might find your items completely different, too.

Altitis_B

[The Protected]

Level 41 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

Hence why it’s called random.

ZXZ

Avatar: 72820 Sat Oct 18 22:59:12 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Actually, I always get the same drops from any of the forums I go to now – Regardless of their level and if it’s a job or not.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

ZXZ Posted:

Actually, I always get the same drops from any of the forums I go to now – Regardless of their level and if it’s a job or not.

Maybe that’s ‘cause you’re maxed out on cred so aren’t earning any more?

Grendel

[ Heorot]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I’m getting the same drops for pwning Second Wife now, too.

More than that, though, I seem to be getting the same drops no matter how many times I pwn it. Four times, two times, and one time for the day (different days, obviously), and I got four Venus de Milos, a Seasonal Centerpiece, a Pocket Watch, an Empty Gas Tank, Children’s Playhouse Kit, and a Human Skull.

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

My drops changed wildy from yesterday to today

I got something like 16 Venus de milos and other junk totalling around a million flezz

And today I get 4 Venus de milos and almost nothing else

Even though I pwned Zombie Armageddon four times, while the day I got the 16 venus’ I had pwned praypal

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Grendel Posted:

I’m getting the same drops for pwning Second Wife now, too.

More than that, though, I seem to be getting the same drops no matter how many times I pwn it. Four times, two times, and one time for the day (different days, obviously), and I got four Venus de Milos, a Seasonal Centerpiece, a Pocket Watch, an Empty Gas Tank, Children’s Playhouse Kit, and a Human Skull.

Same. Though one time I got 12 Venus, but now I keep getting that.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!