Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News A "Designed for Windows XP" bumper sticker. Anyone?

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Freaking ****. I got a email back from the guy, making sure he had my exact design in mind. He got it alright. Not just a high res version of the image, but a vector version of it, in perfect quality, no corners cut, absolutely beautiful. So now I’m waiting to see if he’ll send me a picture of one of them that I can post. Then I wait for ‘em in the mail (maybe Friday or Saturday?). Then I can put ‘em up on eBay for everyone to ogle over. How ****ing awesome is that.

Have a look see (printing the white one):

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/68528291/44280.html

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Wellp, as promised. Here it is!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260307377469

And it’s **** hot as well. Since half the development was done in this Forumwarz topic (as well as the ad I bought that’s waiting for approval…Log in to see images!

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Only the most whipped script kiddies would rage against Vista by simply using another Microsoft product. If you don’t like their ****, stop using it. Have fun with your dated nublet OS full of security holes wider than your mother’s bum.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

1338h4x Posted:

Only the most whipped script kiddies would rage against Vista by simply using another Microsoft product. If you don’t like their ****, stop using it. Have fun with your dated nublet OS full of security holes wider than your mother’s bum.

Yeah, because obviously I don’t write my own stuff… Log in to see images!

Also, Vista is the DRM OS. Which one do you think advanced users would prefer? The one that holds your hand and blocks out all “naughty dirty” piracy, or the one that lets you open it up, break it apart, rearrange it, and put it back together?

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Buy a sticker or GTFO.

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

Inertia Posted:

Advertise here

also all the cool kids use Linux. make a “Designed for Lunix” sticker and you’re sure to get many orders

I still don’t get what this has to do with McCain and Palin

WRONG: “Designed for Ubuntu”

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

FalconFour Posted:

Wellp, as promised. Here it is!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260307377469

And it’s **** hot as well. Since half the development was done in this Forumwarz topic (as well as the ad I bought that’s waiting for approval…Log in to see images!

By the way, I don’t think anyone’s gonna pay more than a dollar. 2BP max.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

AtomicScripter Posted:

By the way, I don’t think anyone’s gonna pay more than a dollar. 2BP max.

When I’m the only person with the design, I really don’t think anyone would have a beef with 2.50 and free shipping…

Also, 2bp is a fair price I think… I wouldn’t ask more than that. That’s about worth $2.50. Log in to see images!

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

FalconFour Posted:

Also, Vista is the DRM OS. Which one do you think advanced users would prefer? The one that holds your hand and blocks out all “naughty dirty” piracy, or the one that lets you open it up, break it apart, rearrange it, and put it back together?

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Buy a sticker or GTFO.

If you think I was saying Vista is any better than XP you’re very special. Windows is windows. The one that lets you open it up, break it apart, rearrange it, and put it back together? Yeah, you must be referring to Linux, BSD, Solaris, or perhaps even ReactOS.

AtomicScripter Posted:

WRONG: “Designed for Ubuntu”

You know there are other distributions out there, right?

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

I wasn’t saying “have to” break it apart and tear it into pieces. Hell, at times Windows doesn’t even want you to. But at least Windows works right out of the box… *nix is just broken no matter what way you look at it, and it’s up to you to make it actually work. That’s not what I want in an OS. Also, your uberl33t *nix skills can’t make you any money in the field, telling people “No I will not fix your computer” not out of ego or a sense of “holier than thou”, but rather just because you just don’t know how to fix a Windows system.

I’m actually pretty damn proud of this particular encounter with a Windows foul-up… Log in to see images!

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

FalconFour Posted:

why the **** would you trust someone else to write the OS that holds and processes all your personal information (for one thing)?

FalconFour Posted:

Download a bunch of **** other people wrote and install it

That’s how a real haxx0r does it… but… wate…

FalconFour Posted:

Oh – and if you want Office, search TPB (titles only) for “Microsoft Office 2003 Lite” and look at the uploader’s name. Log in to see images!

FalconFour Posted:

I don’t know who created this pack, as I was unable to find it anywhere online. But hey, whoever made it, THANKS! Log in to see images!

FalconFour Posted:

FalconFour Posted:

GTFO.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

FalconFour Posted:

your uberl33t *nix skills can’t make you any money in the field

this is p much wrong

but its good to know lots of **** so you can get hired for whatever

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Leechbait – expert at research and pulling things out of context.

Hope you enjoyed that Office pack though…

my_mother

Avatar: 43437 Sun Nov 23 19:27:56 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

my woman's genitals smells like freedom

i like macs Log in to see images!

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

my_mother Posted:

i like macs Log in to see images!

i haven’t seen your woman's genitals yet

my_mother

Avatar: 43437 Sun Nov 23 19:27:56 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

my woman's genitals smells like freedom

Agent_Orange Posted:

i haven’t seen your woman's genitals yet

you are still level 9 young child, vag isnt until lvl 10.

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

As a person who uses both XP and vista, i strongly disagree with almost everything here.

I can’t believe you have the gall to bash linux.

Also whatever happened to the XP bashing when it first came out? It was worse than vista at launch IMO. Compare both my original no service pack XP distro AND my sp1 distro to a vista day 1 distro. The vista will work WAYYYY better with less bugs and weird ****ups.

Vista is a hog, yes. But in high performance computer it’s pretty, sleek, and runs just as well as XP does. UAC is bad and is the first thing to get turned off, granted. But when games run at a constant 60+fps in vista, switching back to XP to get more fps is pointless.

I keep XP on my laptop because the laptop is a piece of ****. It came with vista but because the laptop’s hardware is awful, vista ran awful. When I migrated back, XP seemed alien and confusing and of poor quality relative to the sleek effects-ful interface.

I guess the point of this post is to say that reverting back to XP is a bad move considering computers are always evolving and improving. Re: XP ****ty at launch, now it’s up to SP3 and you’re in love with it. Give Vista some time, or get a new computer.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

As a person who uses both XP and vista, i strongly disagree with almost everything here.

I can’t believe you have the gall to bash linux.

Also whatever happened to the XP bashing when it first came out? It was worse than vista at launch IMO. Compare both my original no service pack XP distro AND my sp1 distro to a vista day 1 distro. The vista will work WAYYYY better with less bugs and weird ****ups.

Vista is a hog, yes. But in high performance computer it’s pretty, sleek, and runs just as well as XP does. UAC is bad and is the first thing to get turned off, granted. But when games run at a constant 60+fps in vista, switching back to XP to get more fps is pointless.

I keep XP on my laptop because the laptop is a piece of ****. It came with vista but because the laptop’s hardware is awful, vista ran awful. When I migrated back, XP seemed alien and confusing and of poor quality relative to the sleek effects-ful interface.

I guess the point of this post is to say that reverting back to XP is a bad move considering computers are always evolving and improving. Re: XP ****ty at launch, now it’s up to SP3 and you’re in love with it. Give Vista some time, or get a new computer.

Hm. Funny that I missed this post for so long.

Vista is NOT the same as XP’s launch. Sure, more people have finally had their arms bent into accepting Vistaids, but the fact remains that most computer literate people are sticking with XP until Microsoft can get it right. You can throw all sorts of conspiracy theories and “well they said that with XP too!” at it, but you’re not going to change the basic fact that it JUST PLAIN ****ING SUCKS.

Here’s the deal. XP was a jump from the 9x kernel to the NT kernel. EVERYTHING broke, and for a good reason, and a good payoff. XP was more stable, more secure, self-repairing, you name it. It was a major leap in innovation. It improved the Win2K base, and turned it into a home operating system. It was also an entirely different architecture, and it broke a lot of things.

Now, Vista? Nothing new. NOTHING NEW AT ALL. DirectX 10. That is all. They broke a lot of **** for no reason. Not only for nothing – but for DRM, corporate greed. This is the first OS that so blatantly had DRM hanging out there. It’s the first OS to have no real improvements. Quite frankly it’s absolutely appalling to see people just “accepting” Vista – not embracing it, nobody saying “come on, why aren’t you using vista, it’s GREAT!” – but just “accepting” it, and yet not even wanting to hear about XP, or going around telling people they’re stupid for using XP.

For me, Vista isn’t slow, despite its disgustingly slimy ****ing-away of system resources and disk space. It’s a hit on performance; it does everything slower than XP, but it’s not “slow”. It is, however, buggy, unstable (yes, even with SP1), and unreliable. My biggest beef with Vista is the dumbing-down crap. IT TAKES EXTRA CLICKS TO GET ANYTHING DONE. You can no longer put connection status icons in your system tray, so in order to get status on a network connection, what do you have to do? Fifteen extra clicks (including closing the unnecessary new windows Explorer opens for each of the links you have to click) to get to the damn status window. Extra clicks to get to the system properties control panel. The entire “winsxs” folder trainwreck. The unnecessary programs you can’t get rid of. Things breaking that Windows doesn’t have an up-front facility by which to un-break like XP does.

As I believe I’ve mentioned before in this thread, I’ve suffered through a combined total of at least 4 months of living with Vista on my main computer. I’ve hopped on the bandwagon for every new Windows version to date (including ME), and thought each one was great – 95 to 98, 98 to 2000, 2000 to ME, ME to XP. Between XP and Vistaids is the first time I have actually been appalled at a Microsoft product – and even further appalled at the people that just blindly and mindlessly accept the **** that’s shoved under their nose. Why is it that people just ignorantly say “oh, it’s a Microsoft product, we have to use it! it’s great!”? Is there even a single good thing people can say about Vista that I can’t disprove?

Aaaaaanyway… the point of my coming back here to post is a curious fact. I’ve now sold 4 stickers from eBay – all 4 sales coming _after_ the ad here expired – and 2 of which are international shipments, one to Canada and one to Taiwan! Quite surprised I haven’t sold more, but aye, it’s good enough. Log in to see images!

edit: I do have a new computer; I took Vistaids off it.

FalconFour edited this message on 11/10/2008 4:13AM

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Well, they’re half gone now… 25 left Log in to see images!

About a third of them have been going to international addresses as well… UK, Canada, China, and I’m even holding an envelope to Israel.

I almost think it’d be a good idea to buy another community ad for them…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!