Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News A "Designed for Windows XP" bumper sticker. Anyone?

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

So I pose a question to all sane-minded computer techs that have been fighting the losing battle against the bull****ware that is Windows Vista, and have been sticking with XP all these years.

I noticed a distinct lack of “Designed for Windows XP” bumper stickers for sale on the internet, and thought to locate a custom sticker print shop that could realize my vision. I found one, and, as some may have seen in my trainwreck topic “Truth in advertising” earlier in this forum, being the kickbum McCain hater I am, the guy offered me 50 for $30, designed, printed, and shipped. I found a way to cough up that money and they’re in the works now.

Question I forgot to ask though, who’d buy one? Are there any sane minded individuals left, that want to show their support for the only decent operating system, on their car bumper? Kinda like the Windows analog to the Apple sticker that comes with every friggin’ Apple product. If I sold it on eBay, think I could get $2 + 41 cents shipping for them? Would they sell?

No, I’m not selling them here though, I haven’t even gotten a picture of the “prototype” yet (I just replied back and paid about an hour ago), so they’re definitely not ready to sell. I just want a little feedback.

For the slow, this is the design I’m referring to: Designed for Windows XP.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Advertise here

also all the cool kids use Linux. make a “Designed for Lunix” sticker and you’re sure to get many orders

I still don’t get what this has to do with McCain and Palin

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

When it comes time to sell them, believe me… I sure will grab one of those. I think I have just enough BP left for that.

Linux is for script kiddies that want to act **** hot by using an Open Soars operating system. XP is for true hackers that love to tear **** apart into a thousand pieces and put it all back together. Linux is sort of like, you have to hand craft the gears, and ****. A little *too* flexible for my tastes. Plus, it has the added bonus of not being able to apply ANYTHING you’ve learned about Linux to the real world. You know the saying, “No, I will not fix your computer”? It was coined by Linux fabulous persons. Someone asks me that question, and sometimes I even do it for free, just because I love a good challenge.

As for McCain/Palin, that’s easy. Anyone that actually intends on voting for McCain/Palin is an indescribable retard that couldn’t be trusted with a cent. So it was relevant to my business conversation. Log in to see images!

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Isn’t it slightly illegal to sell other company’s trade marks?

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Wylin Posted:

Isn’t it slightly illegal to sell other company’s trade marks?

It’s not selling the trademark, since I’m not claiming any kind of ownership on the design. It’s selling a print of it. I don’t think Microsoft copyrighted the “designed for Windows XP” sticker – or at least, not in a way that’s obvious enough to hold any legal grounds. Log in to see images!

If it weren’t legal, I’m sure the print shop would tell me anyway.

edit: jesus, do you want one or not?

FalconFour edited this message on 10/21/2008 3:01AM

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

The only way they will get my Windows XP SP3 is to pry it from my cold dead laptop – wait a minute…

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

FalconFour Posted:

It’s not selling the trademark, since I’m not claiming any kind of ownership on the design. It’s selling a print of it. I don’t think Microsoft copyrighted the “designed for Windows XP” sticker – or at least, not in a way that’s obvious enough to hold any legal grounds. Log in to see images!

if you can get it to Hobart, Tasmania – sure.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

I’m definently all about windows xp. I’m running the “windows xp black edition” that I got from thepiratebay Log in to see images! I still don’t want to put any stickers on my car though.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

200KillerWasps Posted:

The only way they will get my Windows XP SP3 is to pry it from my cold dead laptop – wait a minute…

This reminds me to download SP3

I’m still on SP2

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

200KillerWasps Posted:

if you can get it to Hobart, Tasmania – sure.

I’ll look into it if I can find some kind of organizational system to remind me to check out international shipping while putting together the ebay ad… Log in to see images!

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

Inertia Posted:

I’m still on SP2

heretic

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Inertia Posted:

I’m still on SP2

Ur doin it rong.

Download nLite. Pop in your Windows disc. Download the SP3 installer for network administrators (a big download, might want to burn it for future use). Download RyanVM’s Post SP3 update pack (RyanVM Update Pack Addons are also pretty cool, includes HashTab, Unlocker, the PowerToys, and a few other goodies). Have nLite slipstream the SP3 files with the Windows source, followed by the update packs. Pre-install drivers if you want. Strip out unnecessary bull****, and pre-set the options you want. Then, unless you want to use a WinPE boot disc and “winnt32 /makelocalsource /tempdrive:C /syspart:C /unattend:winnt.sif”, or “Install XP from USB” (look for it on msfn.org boards), just burn the disc and install sexy-clean XP SP3 with all the current updates preinstalled.

That’s how a real haxx0r does it… but… wate…

FalconFour edited this message on 10/21/2008 3:14AM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

...stuff…Pop in your Windows disc. ...stuff…

um? Why do any of that crud when you can just download a version of xp already with sp3 and all the updates installed?

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

Ur doin it rong.

Download nLite. Pop in your Windows disc. Download the SP3 installer for network administrators (a big download, might want to burn it for future use). Download RyanVM’s Post SP3 update pack (RyanVM Update Pack Addons are also pretty cool, includes HashTab, Unlocker, the PowerToys, and a few other goodies). Have nLite slipstream the SP3 files with the Windows source, followed by the update packs. Pre-install drivers if you want. Strip out unnecessary bull****, and pre-set the options you want. Then, unless you want to use a WinPE boot disc and “winnt32 /makelocalsource /tempdrive:C /syspart:C /unattend:winnt.sif”, or “Install XP from USB” (look for it on msfn.org boards), just burn the disc and install sexy-clean XP SP3 with all the current updates preinstalled.

**** man, tl;dr

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Screw this man. I’m keeping my SP2. Not much difference anyway amirite?

This computer has to be replaced soon anyway. already 5 years old.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Wylin Posted:

um? Why do any of that crud when you can just download a version of xp already with sp3 and all the updates installed?

Because why the **** would you trust someone else to write the OS that holds and processes all your personal information (for one thing)? Even if you don’t care about having control over every aspect of your installation, you should care about that one thing…

Oh – and if you want Office, search TPB (titles only) for “Microsoft Office 2003 Lite” and look at the uploader’s name. Log in to see images!

edit: Well hell, if we’re allowed to just link to it…

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3771346/Microsoft_Office_2003_-_Lite_(Word__Excel__Powerpoint__Outlook..

FalconFour edited this message on 10/21/2008 3:28AM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

But I just dl’d/installed 2008 like 2 weeks ago.. next time I start over I’ll try yours if I can remember though.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

Microsoft Office 2003

ITT: We go back in time

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Inertia Posted:

ITT: We go back in time

And what do you suggest using instead? Office “Search for 10 minutes every time you want to perform a function” Ribbon Edition? **** that ribbon **** and all its bumociated bloat. 2003 FTW. Especially in 71mb.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!