Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Ep.2 creating imbalance in the game

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

So I’ve just realised recently that buying ep.2 gives you a number of advantages over player who don’t. eg. new shops, new attacks, new forums.

It used to be that buying stuff with brownie points either doesn’t affect gameplay or disqualifies you from competitive play. Ep. 2 does affect gameplay, but doesn’t disqualify you from competitive play. This creates an uneven ground for Ep.1-only players. I shouldn’t have to name each advantages that ep 2 gets you, I trust you could think of some yourself.

So how do you justify this? Is this the direction we’re going towards?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Didn’t buying multiple alts already screw the balance? So it’s not exactly new…

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

It’s 10 damn dollars. If you can’t pay for that, you deserve to be at a disadvantage.

Sorry, I have no sympathy.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Fran Posted:

It’s 10 damn dollars. If you can’t pay for that, you deserve to be at a disadvantage.

and then Forumwarz becomes a pay-to-play game

ep.1 merely a sneak peek.

Kooloo the s-
pace hamster

Avatar: 74519 Sun Oct 19 15:39:58 -0400 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 8 Hacker

“Script Kiddie”

Inertia Posted:

yeah i think that’s kinda the point

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Inertia Posted:

And what’s the problem with that?

Be glad it’s a one-time payment. They could very well be charging monthly for it.

Globe

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 25 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

How do they justify not shelling out for Episode 2? Log in to see images!

It’s not like it’s a continuous process where money can be turned into game advantage. You’re *supposed* to buy Episode 2. If you cant afford to pay for Episode 2 than you probably cant afford to waste your time on the competitive aspects of the game either… or shouldn’t, anyway.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Well, forumwarz was supposed to be a free game is it not? That’s what I was told when I joined.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Inertia Posted:

Well, forumwarz was supposed to be a free game is it not? That’s what I was told when I joined.

FW grew to a point where CZ cannot hold FW for free only with donations anymore. Not their fault in the slightest.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

The imbalance between paid/non-paid content is nothing compared to between different clbumes though. Watch how the leaderboard changed completely.

quangntenemy edited this message on 10/20/2008 8:53PM

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

How about just having EP 1 and EP 2 use seperate domination brackets?

Easy.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

quangntenemy Posted:

The imbalance between paid/non-paid content is nothing compared to between different clbumes though. Watch how the leaderboard changed completely.

I’m still wondering why you didn’t whine about it when Trolls were the ones dominating.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Charging money for a piece of internet satire? Where half the content is user-generated? It’s almost as bad as those “Epic Movie”, “Scary Movie”, etc

I think once payment become necessary for a decent game experience, the fun is past. Also tell me why some games manage to stay free to play for a long time and we can’t. (List of free MMORPGs)

and besides, re-quoting

Fran Posted:

By that logic, increase cost of Game Dolphin to 100 BP and you deserve to have it and play competitively?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Welcome to the real world, where money buys you a better experience.

Dom brackets SHOULD be separated between ep1 and ep2. I think that’s a given.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Proud to witness this moment.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Inertia Posted:

Charging money for a piece of internet satire? Where half the content is user-generated? It’s almost as bad as those “Epic Movie”, “Scary Movie”, etc

I think once payment become necessary for a decent game experience, the fun is past. Also tell me why some games manage to stay free to play for a long time and we can’t. (List of free MMORPGs)

and besides, re-quoting

By that logic, increase cost of Game Dolphin to 100 BP and you deserve to have it and play competitively?

Please stop playing this game and move to one of the sites on that list if keeping this website running is so offensive to you. Everyone is tired of your “Having to pay money for things I spend time on and enjoy is unfair” nonsense.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

FWZ is mostly free. AAHZ just buys all the BP and everything trickles down from there.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Inertia Posted:

and besides, re-quoting

If money is that big of an issue for you, just quit. We had plenty of people who donated a lot long before CZ were talking about a fee on EP2. I’m pretty sure CZ doesn’t care about people who can’t donate 10 dollars.

It’s 10 dollars. Hell, when I was a spoiled child and I lived with my parents I’d receive 10 dollars every week.

FYI, lots of people didn’t pay for EP2 because people liked their presence enough to have their EP2 fee paid by people with lots of BP. If that doesn’t ring a bell for you, I don’t know what does.

Welcome to real life.

Also, you pointed a list of free MMOs, why don’t you go and play them?

Do it, but don’t come back whining when you notice they can’t hold their servers up or the MMO is a ghost town.

Fran edited this message on 10/20/2008 9:40PM

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Inertia Posted:

Is this the direction we’re going towards?

If this direction is toward more reliable, faster servers, more content, and an overall better experience then yes. That is 100% where the site is heading.

The Suspender

Avatar: 70366 Mon Dec 29 00:40:55 -0500 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

If this direction is toward more reliable, faster servers, more content, and an overall better experience then yes. That is 100% where the site is heading.

Yeah, I understand why it costs money. I just think that people with money shouldn’t have an advantage in competition.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!