Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News New Bracket Discussion

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

<START TRANSMISSION>

This is the official Bracket thread. I will keep an updated list of all the suggestions around Brackets (that are being considered). Some of these came out of previous discussions. Brackets are the groupings of characters within Domination.

Proposed Bracket Algorithm

Brackets are currently chosen exclusively based on the number of medals a character has at the start of a domination week. Here are some options to change the way this currently works:

– Do nothing: The top bracket is currently stuffed with alts, so people wait until they drop down to lower, inactive brackets so they can get 4 medals in 1 week.

– Ensure each persons alt is in a different bracket than the other (we used to enforce this). The issue is (and we’ve seen this before) if you have 10 alts, you’ll have one in the top 10 brackets, and chances are, you’ll end up in an inactive bracket getting all the medals, that’s why we now allow alts in the same bracket!!

– Only allow X alts to participate in Domination, they end up where they end up, period (X = 5?).

– Brackets are formed based on a Domination Score which is calculated based on # medals total (this season), # medals earned last week, # scoops total last week, # scoops earned last week, # cards purchased, # cards used, etc. This would work only if something like this (goals relative to scoops generated) was implemented.

– Brackets are formed based on a Domination Score which is calculated based on # medals total (this season), level/cred, # flezz earned.

– Bracket size limit of 30

– Any brackets less with less then 10 should be combined nightly to avoid solo/low activity brackets

And discuss.

B2015

<END TRANSMISSION>

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 10/26/2008 6:03PM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I’m a big fan of reducing the number of alts that a single player can wield. I don’t see any disadvantages really.

– a single player does not wield undue influence in any bracket due to their horde of alts, meaning dom then has greater accessibility to newcomers

– a cap on the amount of time a player needs to devote to participating in dom – we already know what happens if there are no caps in place

– if there are caps in place, that means mistakes are more costly – you don’t have the option to just throw more resources at the problem

– players who wish to experiment with more alts can focus on a greater range of goals or activities if they wish. 5 is a reasonable limit for domination. You can start each week with a different set of alts to have full visits on them, but that means medals being potentially spread more thinly.

– a limit on alts offers an innate cap on potential vanilla raiding gains, and by extension, vanilla interruption. I don’t know if there needs to still be a cap on raid size – would players ally with each other if faced with overwhelming odds from a larger klan? Politics and alliances are a good game balancer in theory, but in practice it doesn’t happen enough.

– a real choice with consequences, if you want to participate with multiple alts – you’re either playing close to the wire (or perhaps overextending yourself) on all your alts, or you’re focussing on one alt, with the others as support (through vanilla raiding, or interruption)

I think with the way the new season has started, we’re going to have another big issue soon – impossible to interrupt vanilla raids. A few of us have insane powar levels now, and players who want to compete are going to face a long grind to get to the same point. For me at least, I’m looking at hitting the cred limit in less than 10 days, and that’s with losing 2 days of visits after the start of ep2. Many of the usual suspects will be there at or before the start of the second dom week.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/20/2008 1:57PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’m the first to admit I don’t completely follow all the discussion. So I’m just going to throw this out as another one of my crazy ideas.

What if the bracket concept was completely redone to not match by medals as the prime criteria, but as clbum and level?

So there would be five (six if you don’t combine re-res and perman00bs) bracket types, and you fall into the type which matches your clbum.

Then, the brackets are determined by level. Not sure what the breakdown would be, but maybe every 4 (L1-L4, L5-L8, etc.)

Next: You may only have one alt appear in a bracket. If two or more of your alts would fall into the same bracket, you have to decide which one to put them in. If you want all your alts to medal, keep them at different levels. (To make this work, you may have to allow to people to pwn without gaining cred.)

And, of course, keep it so alt can’t be in the same raid.

There are probably ramifications of this I don’t know, so I’m not going to defend if this is totally broken.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’m the first to admit I don’t completely follow all the discussion. So I’m just going to throw this out as another one of my crazy ideas.

What if the bracket concept was completely redone to not match by medals as the prime criteria, but as clbum and level?

So there would be five (six if you don’t combine re-res and perman00bs) bracket types, and you fall into the type which matches your clbum.

Then, the brackets are determined by level. Not sure what the breakdown would be, but maybe every 4 (L1-L4, L5-L8, etc.)

Next: You may only have one alt appear in a bracket. If two or more of your alts would fall into the same bracket, you have to decide which one to put them in. If you want all your alts to medal, keep them at different levels. (To make this work, you may have to allow to people to pwn without gaining cred.)

And, of course, keep it so alt can’t be in the same raid.

There are probably ramifications of this I don’t know, so I’m not going to defend if this is totally broken.

Decent idea. What happens when all your alts end up at the Level 35 cap? We’re back to square 1. Otherwise I like it.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

What happens when all your alts end up at the Level 35 cap?

MC Banhammer Posted:

(To make this work, you may have to allow to people to pwn without gaining cred.)

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

What happens when all your alts end up at the Level 35 cap?

MC Banhammer Posted:

(To make this work, you may have to allow to people to pwn without gaining cred.)

I don’t like reading, don’t make me!

Still, when all my alts reach 35, and you stop earning cred you’ll still all end up in the same bracket. I’m not seeing how pwning forums and not earning cred will make a difference. Once all your alts are at lvl 35 wouldn’t you end up in the same bracket? Am I missing something?

Malfunction.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Still, when all my alts reach 35, and you stop earning cred you’ll still all end up in the same bracket. I’m not seeing how pwning forums and not earning cred will make a difference. Once all your alts are at lvl 35 wouldn’t you end up in the same bracket? Am I missing something?

Malfunction.

Well I don’t handle it backwards. I was looking at going forward.

I didn’t say it was a great suggestion Log in to see images!

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

change haxl a bit

resets level to anything from 1-current with correct number of stat points

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Malfunction.

He’s saying have a toggle so that you may choose to not gain cred, like a checkbox that you can activate at any time.

IE, I’m at level 30 but don’t want to go farther. I check the box and now I don’t gain cred. I uncheck it later and gain cred again.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MC Banhammer Posted:

Well I don’t handle it backwards. I was looking at going forward.

I didn’t say it was a great suggestion Log in to see images!

No it is a good suggestion. Even if you did it based on cred and flezz.. or some combo of cred/level and flezz earned (since that isn’t capped). I’m adding to the OP.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Leechbait Posted:

change haxl a bit

resets level to anything from 1-current with correct number of stat points

Huh? What does hxl have to do with Domination?

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Master_Troll Posted:

He’s saying have a toggle so that you may choose to not gain cred, like a checkbox that you can activate at any time.

IE, I’m at level 30 but don’t want to go farther. I check the box and now I don’t gain cred. I uncheck it later and gain cred again.

Why would someone do this? Doesn’t everyone want their alts to be in the same bracket? Isn’t that the issue? That people aim to get all their alts in the same bracket cause it gives them a strategic advantage?

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Why would someone do this? Doesn’t everyone want their alts to be in the same bracket? Isn’t that the issue? That people aim to get all their alts in the same bracket cause it gives them a strategic advantage?

banhammer Posted:

You’d do it to let them all earn medals.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Master_Troll Posted:

You’d do it to let them all earn medals.

Fine.. I get it now. Sounds like a lot of management and complicated to build.. I’d rather explore other options.

fabulous persons of War

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Would a leaguing system like that which exists in soccer change things?

Eg. at the end of each season the players with the most points and the players with the least points are promoted or relegated respectively. So within each division of the league you have your usual grouping going on and the weekly matching operates in a sort of round-robin manner trying to get every player to play each other.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

fabulous persons of War Posted:

Would a leaguing system like that which exists in soccer change things?

Eg. at the end of each season the players with the most points and the players with the least points are promoted or relegated respectively. So within each division of the league you have your usual grouping going on and the weekly matching operates in a sort of round-robin manner trying to get every player to play each other.

If this was calculated at the start of each week it could work, but would not address the issue of alts in the same bracket. bumuming that that issue needs to be addressed. All in all you’d have to rate the players by some measurements and to that respect this solution is similar to the suggestion of “Domination Score” which would place characters in brackets based on a series of factors from the previous week.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Brackets are formed based on a Domination Score which is calculated based on # medals total (this season), level/cred, # flezz earned.

I like how this sounds because, level and flezz does affect how well you can play domination. So brackets will serve like handicap levels.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

So are you considering my idea about charging a fee in scoops for alts? You said you liked it.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/300899

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

quangntenemy Posted:

So are you considering my idea about charging a fee in scoops for alts? You said you liked it.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/30089

I do like it, but I’m weary of coding time needed to make this a reality. The logistics are a little bit of a nightmare and I could see this being exploited if we allow you to choose what bracket you go to. You could choose an inactive bracket (where you have an alt or not)... So yeah, thoughts? Must avoid exploit opportunities Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Just want to say, aside from my messed up bracket this week Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!