Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Ok, I think we should just get this out of the way right now

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Are people who already bought EP 2 going to have to buy EP 3 as well, or will it be included with the EP 2 purchase?

I know this won’t matter for a few decades or so, but I’m really curious.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

It’s probably too early for CZ to say, but I think Ep 3 will be a seperate purchase.

ArtificialFl-
avour

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

Would they be able to be bought out of order?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

ArtificialFlavour Posted:

Would they be able to be bought out of order?

I’m pretty sure ET can implant a check that would basicly be “If player has purchased Episode 2, Episode 3 appears in its’ place” something along those lines.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I doubt they’d be purchasable out of order. I mean, there’s an ongoing storyline — why would you want to buy them out of order?

That’s even bumuming you’d have to pay for it. Ep2 was well into development when they were going back and forth about whether to charge for it or not. Now, given the reasoning (in the blog entry and elsewhere) for why they decided to charge for it, I think it’s likely they will charge again, as I don’t see those reasons changing.

But in any case, it is WAY too early to be discussing this. Ep2 isn’t even a week old yet, and they’re focused on fixing problems more than creating that future (near as I know — there are over 300 bug reports waiting to be processed).

MC Banhammer edited this message on 10/19/2008 6:48PM

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

MC Banhammer Posted:

It seems obvious, then, how to proceed.

Everyone submit the following bug report:

“ET Log in to see images!s male reproductive organs, is of questionable Caucasian decent, and I can’t seem to access Ep.3 yet and for some reason I have to pay for it and I think that is what is broken so here’s a bug report.”

If we can get 1000 of those submitted a day, Ep.3 will be here in no time.

Zendra

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

It seems obvious, then, how to proceed.

Everyone submit the following bug report:

“ET Log in to see images!s male reproductive organs, is of questionable Caucasian decent, and I can’t seem to access Ep.3 yet and for some reason I have to pay for it and I think that is what is broken so here’s a bug report.”

If we can get 1000 of those submitted a day, Ep.3 will be here in no time.

I have bug reported this. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

It’s way too early to think about! It’s even hard to speculate because it’s too early to see how well Episode 2 sold overall since it’s brand new.

maxvance

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I remember the blog entry that talked about about why Ep. 2 would cost money compared Forumwarz to shareware games—that is, you get to play the first part free but then have to pay for all the rest. Having to pay for Episode 3 would would go against this model, making the various episodes more like expansion packs.

maxvance edited this message on 10/19/2008 10:49PM

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

I’d suggest eventually slashing the price, making ep2 free or at least cheaper once ep3 is out, and then charging for ep3.

For example you could make it maybe like 5 BP to buy ep2, 5 to buy ep3 if you have ep2, or save a bit and pay only 7 to buy both if you have neither. That’ll make for an attractive sale down the line.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

make it 3 BPs to add on and i’ll take it

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

1338h4x Posted:

I’d suggest eventually slashing the price, making ep2 free or at least cheaper once ep3 is out, and then charging for ep3.

For example you could make it maybe like 5 BP to buy ep2, 5 to buy ep3 if you have ep2, or save a bit and pay only 7 to buy both if you have neither. That’ll make for an attractive sale down the line.

Yeah, this is probably how it will happen. Although like I said before it’s way too early, and it’s just an issue of us crunching numbers and trying to figure out the best way to go ahead.

A new episode is no good to us unless we can get a lot of people to play it, you know?

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

One of the bugs is the ‘stop anthropomorphising me!’ Peen failing to appear.

Or if it isn’t a bug it should be.Log in to see images! King Krimson edited this message on 10/20/2008 11:04AM

Tooka

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

first post!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Tooka Posted:

first post!

Actually not, and this kind of post isn’t really welcome in Game Discussion.

Might I suggest somewhere in here?

Lord Shplane

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

K well I was just wondering guys.

While we’re at it, do you think it’ll take as long to do EP 3 as it did to do EP 2, or will it be less time since you’re more used to doing large projects now? Or for some other reason?

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Lord Shplane Posted:

K well I was just wondering guys.

While we’re at it, do you think it’ll take as long to do EP 3 as it did to do EP 2, or will it be less time since you’re more used to doing large projects now? Or for some other reason?

How big do you want Episode 3? The time doesn’t come in the programming. The time comes in the content creation and variability of missions. It also depends what kinds of other things we’ll want to focus on in the meantime like improvements to Forumbuildr, Domination, INCIT, other end games.. marketing, etc etc. Episode 3 will take as long as it takes. We’ll know more once we prove that Episode 2 is a success (and we start Episode 3).

Lord Shplane

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

How big do you want Episode 3? The time doesn’t come in the programming. The time comes in the content creation and variability of missions. It also depends what kinds of other things we’ll want to focus on in the meantime like improvements to Forumbuildr, Domination, INCIT, other end games.. marketing, etc etc. Episode 3 will take as long as it takes. We’ll know more once we prove that Episode 2 is a success (and we start Episode 3).

K, just wondering.

I’m just kind of looking forward to it, y’know? EP 2 was sex+win+orsum, so another thing with “Episode” then a number sounds like something relevant to my interests.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

what im wondering is how many ppl so far bought the ep2

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

what im wondering is how many ppl so far bought the ep2

In my opinion it’s selling well, ahead of my expectations for sales by this point (although to be fair I had no idea what to expect.) Giving specifics makes me uneasy, but the future of Forumwarz development looks good right now!

As for what’s next: after the bugs die down a bit, we will be upgrading the site a lot. ForumBuildr will be first, I know that.

We have tons of ideas for other enhancements and features. I don’t want to say what they are because I have no idea how we’ll prioritize things, but I think there’s room for improvement everywhere.

Evil Trout edited this message on 10/20/2008 7:10PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!