Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ List of Forums wiki

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

OK, there’s now alot of outdated info in the list of forums, and people seem to be updating the tables ad-hoc, without removing old stuff. This is going to get messy unless we blank the tables now. I can do that but there’s a chance I’ll blank information that’s already being updated, or still accurate. Do we blank thread counts, base cred, and everything calculated from that, for all forums? Are the ep1 official forums still accurate in some respects (e.g. base cred)? I know (for instance) thread counts for e.g. Feces are now inaccurate.

Also, we seem to have a disagreement about whether to list ‘max’ or ‘avg’ cred for the forums, since the column headings have been reverted back without explanation. Before ep2, I recalculated and updated the table for max cred. I don’t see any reason not to just do that and put the information in the table. It’s no more ‘spoily’ than avg cred, and is a far more useful number for planning purposes, specifically for when locating grinding forums appropriate to your clbum and level. We *could* have both columns but I’d rather not bulk out the table too much.

Another disagreement about removing the ‘cred bonus’ column. IMO the information is not useful – it’s just the base cred / 5 and rounded up or down. Do we get rid of this column?

Finally, if we can remove a column, how do people feel about collating base speedrun times on the same table, where they exist?

Proposed format

Forum             Speedrun times*
Denture Chat      15 / 20 / 30
Fanfiction freaks 10 / 18 / 25

*To earn lemon scoops get under these times for 3, 2 or 1 scoop, respectively

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

good idea i think.

If the current info really is up to date with ep2, you can just look in the page history and copy it back.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

k, it’s been blanked and I’ve filled some of the info, but there’s alot missing, and it’s going to take a while to get accurate numbers for # threads again.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Evil Trout implemented table sorting. It’s pretty useful but would be even better if it worked properly on non text data as well Log in to see images! Are we going to see a fix to this so it sorts numerical / date / image(by url) data correctly?

If not, then we could probably adapt the table to make it more sortable by adding the level of the forum in text form, and leading zeros to any of the numerical data. And dates in yy/mm/dd format lol.

Might be useful in other wiki lists as well. To use it just add ‘{| clbum=”sortable”’ as the first line of the table.

Is there a dogreat timesent of all the implemented wiki formatting stuff we can use somewhere?

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/30/2008 12:42PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Oh, hey, I didn’t notice this before.

I fixed sorting with numbers and padding, but I haven’t changed the year format yet – primarily because all the forums are from 2008, and until the first 2009 forum comes around it’s better to leave it in the traditional format than to be prepared. It’s a 5 minute fix, it can wait.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I’d already made a few changes (you went somewhat further than me) but reverted them on the basis that it makes the table look fugly. There’s no question it’s more usable now, but I’d still much prefer to see a fix to the table sorting code so it interprets numerical data properly (also sorting dates properly if we’re lucky, and in the case where the column contains only images, URLs)

Still, good job & thanks. I don’t think there’s alot more to do to this page except minor corrections, if someone notices different thread totals. I’m not going to put lemon scoop data on there now as it’s constantly changing.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Yea, it DOES make it look @ugly, but @ugly and useful is better than pretty and broken.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!