Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Countdown to Mother 3

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

So. Word has it that the translation will be done by the end of this week.

I’m starting to get excited already. Apparently it’s even better than Earthbound.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Recently, I downloaded Earthbound zero and an emulator. Apart from the slight control lag, which I bumume is a problem with the emulator, It’s pretty good. Then again, I’ve barely started it yet, so we’ll see.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

KaaVink Posted:

So. Word has it that the translation will be done by the end of this week.

I’m starting to get excited already. Apparently it’s even better than Earthbound.

*EarthBound

I realize that’s kinda troll-y, but I make piddling corrections like this all the time. I;m sure Nintendo workers are excited that the translation is near completion, though; they’ve supposedly expressed as much.

KaaVink

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’ll just keep shifting the capital letters around randomly and call it eaRthboUnd. That’s bound to confuse people.

Apparently the slight lag in emulators does screw around with Mother 3’s rhythm based battles, though. Guess I should take that as a sign to invest in a flash cart so I can play it on my DS.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Or we can keep trolling Nintendo — all round-about stealthy and **** — until the release it here (and I guess other, less ‘merican, places, too) in some form, but that’d still take a damn long while compared to zipping (not the compression thing) it onto a cart.

Can you FEEL the beat? I did catch the in-game rock band performing; sounded pretty good. Hm, is the soundtrack the BC-FFVII- sorta deal where the sound’s been enhanced (bumuming BC’s sound was of less-than-CD quality), or is it the sort of “LOL, we just held a mic up to a GBA speaker” sort of deal? I wouldn’t mind hearing a full-on version of the performance.

KaaVink Posted:

I’ll just keep shifting the capital letters around randomly and call it eaRthboUnd. That’s bOUunD to confuse people.

fiX’d

TJF588 edited this message on 10/14/2008 10:18AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I thought you were talking about beer, oh god no they changed it again.

This is what? sequel to earthbound?

KaaVink

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Sequel would be correct, yes.

This seems to have been a good week for translations. The Persona 2: Innocent Sin translation has also been completed. Much to my glee.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Translation is out for anyone who didn’t know.

Cat Sidhe Ne-
koko

Avatar: 48418 Thu Oct 16 17:15:48 -0400 2008

Level 16 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

wouldnt it be a good idea to link the translation???

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Holy crap! There actually doing it? I thought we’d never get a translated copy. I never played EB 0, but I considered it. I have the Earthbound 1 cartridge though (and guide).

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Balloon Posted:

Holy crap! There actually doing it? I thought we’d never get a translated copy. I never played EB 0, but I considered it. I have the Earthbound 1 cartridge though (and guide).

THEY’RE DONE

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

...wait. So it’s just a translation we can download (patch)... but not actually producing the game for the console… or what?

Raepdog-In-P-
eace

Avatar: 73876 Sun Oct 19 02:11:32 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 7 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

KaaVink Posted:

Sequel would be correct, yes.

This seems to have been a good week for translations. The Persona 2: Innocent Sin translation has also been completed. Much to my glee.

Can you link me to that? Log in to see images!

KaaVink

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Raepdog-In-Peace Posted:

Can you link me to that? Log in to see images!

http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

Also: Been enjoying Mother 3 thoroughly thus far. I’ve played up to the end of Chapter 2.

The music is really impressing me. I’m just having trouble getting used to the rhythm based combos, though. Log in to see images!

Pie is cool

Level 16 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

That’s awesome. Played a few minutes already. Nifty.

Just wish they had given us the 64 version instead of scrapping it.

kemix

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

meh, what can you do about it, OTHER than trolling Nintendo, but, I’ve played up to…chapter 5 or so and it’s awesome, I’m just having a hard time with the rhythm battles, but the game is pretty easy if you’ve played an earthbound game before AND you abuse the rolling HP counter to heal before someone bites the dust, only one character has died so far to the point I could revive them before getting a GAME OVER…I’ve gotten plenty of those thanks to my stupidity, but, other than that, the game is enjoyable…espesually with the english patch.

KaaVink

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’ve only just started Chapter 5. I’m fully enjoying it thus far. Though I still haven’t been able to get more than a 6-hit combo. And I think that was mostly due to luck.

Also: Duster amuses me. I can’t quite pinpoint why, though.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

kemix Posted:

meh, what can you do about it, OTHER than trolling Nintendo,

http://www.thespeedgamers.com/a-succcessful-siege

KaaVink

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Haha. Brilliant. I just hope something comes of this.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!