Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business AUCTION for the best beer in the world!

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Only three days to go before ep 2 and I still don’t have BP for pre-order… this asks for DRASTIC measures Log in to see images!.
I could…
beg, but I don’t like that and neither do others.
borrow, but I probably wouldn’t be able to pay it back.
trade, now that might be interesting but I’d need to exchange it for an interesting good!

<detailed descriptions are in the spoiler bars>
I come from a little country called Belgium: our taxes are huge (Sweden is the only country with more taxes than Belgium according to some large consultancy company), and our bureaucracy is enormous and extremely expensive (we have 6 governments for a country with only 30528 square km of land: one for the Flemish community/territory, one for the Walloon territory, one for the Brussels territory, one for the frenchspeaking community, one for the germanspeaking community); but hanks God (or whatever higher power, science or coincidence) we have one big positive point: BEER! we have loads of great delicious beers; it is one of our greatest specialty and people from all over the world come to visit this country merely for that reason.

so that solves the problem of finding the right product.

So I’m offering a delicious Belgian beer to the highest bidder; this beer will either be:

-Westvleteren, one of the most difficult to get beers, even for Belgians because the monks who brew the beer are very strict on the sale of the beer which can only be bought on the spot once a month. Now I respect the monks on their choice and I will NOT sell more than one of these bottles if the bidder selects this beer; no matter how much you bid (I can be bribed on some occasions but not this one; not because I’m scared to go to hell – I’m agnostic – but out of respect for these monks and coz I don’t really care that much about cash/BP to disrespect their choice). Oh… and some douchebags once voted this the best beer in the world.
-Geuze: This is DEFINITLY one of my favorite beer and typical beer from around Brussels. The mainstream Geuze is mostly sold in Belgium, but the most clbumy brands of Geuze can also be found in some culinary restaurants around the world, though not many (I think moslty Japan and Eastcoast of USA; but I’m not sure at all – too long ago since my visit to the brewery).
-Vicaris: atm this is my favorite beer, I recommend the blend with Geuze.
-Ename: Their blonde beer tastes great and their tripel is definitly one of the better tripels I’ve tasted. read more in this post.
-(almost) any other brand: but srsly preferably not Jupiler, Stella or Maes; the are ordinary very mainstream beers that our easy to find all over the world. I also recommend not to ask me for Chimay, not because it sucks (it’s a good beer), but because so far in any country I’ve been in I’ve never had any trouble finding Chimay in supermarkets. Though maybe that was pure luck. And for heavens sake – Especially for you englishmen!- preferably not Duvel! There is nothing special about it except that it’s 8.5 vol% alcohol. I will only accept the brand you want me to get as long as it is available, easier to get than Westvleteren, not extremely expensive – let’s say not as expensive as Cantillon (a clbumy brand of artisanal Geuze mainly exported). You can pick Cantillon though if that’s what you want but I think they only sell it in big bottles. If anyone is interested in this brand tell me and I’ll check whether it is available in standard beerbottle sizes of 0.2/0.25/0.33 liters

If the amount of BP ever cover more than the cost of the beer and the delivery I’ll more bottles as long as the BP cover the costs and the amounts don’t exceed the legitimate amount allowed to be sent, which I’m not sure will happen.

***Important for the beer freaks who are now jumping up and down when reading I’m offering Westvleteren: This beer is HARD TO GET and it will take a very, very long time for me to get it, and by very, very long I mean it might take MONTHS!***

So now that we’ve covered that let the bidding begin! (I REALLY hope some of you guys are interested)

So far I have not decided yet when I will end the auction but so far I’m thinking of ending the auction when I’ve obtained all three kinds of Westvleteren.

EDIT1: I added Ename to my suggestion list; I removed Duvel from the suggestion list – thanks God no brit came in bidding and saying “Hell, I’m going for the Duvel!”; I also added when I might end the auction even though it is vague and subject to change.
Rastanarcharismarx edited this message on 10/18/2008 4:48PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

interested in the monks’ beer I am. It would hurt me if you don’t get the preorder peen

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I’ll bid 20 BP for a bottle of the Westvleteren 12

FAIL edited this message on 10/12/2008 10:06PM

why_so_srs

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

why_so_srs Posted:

http://fravia.2113.ch/beers.htm

+1

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

So…what are bids at currently? Is this still going on? I was discussing this thread with the BF over dinner last night, and his eyes lit up when I said “Beer from Belgium”. I have been asked to obtain said beer in whatever manner necessary. So…how much for how much?

Feel free to Tubmail me if you wanna discuss a trade separate from this thread. I R very serious. Log in to see images!

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

why_so_srs Posted:

why_so_srs Posted:

http://fravia.2113.ch/beers.htm

+1

If I understand you properly you now bid 21 BP?

I think it actually goes without saying that I only accept serious bids. (so I hope your bid is serious too).

I’m also going to add your suggestion, why_so_srs.

Excellent choice btw Log in to see images!.

I just tried out Ename today at the supermarket by coincidence and I approve! (the guy behind the stand gave full glbumes for degustation Log in to see images! ).

Ename Blonde had a taste that is great and has what I often describe as a “warm” taste (this kind of taste that feels as if your mouth is being warmed a little even though the beer is cool), and I love it! I wish I had the time to drink more of it. The beer didn’t have a very bitter aftertaste but only a slight aftertaste.

The Ename Tripel was also very nice. I like it more that Leffe tripel (though of course this is my personal opinion – I can imagine lot’s of Belgians might prefer to stick to their Leffe). I think so far from the tripels I’ve tasted this is probably my favorite. Ename tripel has a much less strong and bitter aftertaste than Leffe so the flavour of the beer itself remains without the bitter aftertaste taking over inmediatly. I’m definitely going to buy this beer next time when I come along doing groceries at this supermarket.

Fingerz Posted:

So…what are bids at currently? Is this still going on? I was discussing this thread with the BF over dinner last night, and his eyes lit up when I said “Beer from Belgium”. I have been asked to obtain said beer in whatever manner necessary. So…how much for how much?

Feel free to Tubmail me if you wanna discuss a trade separate from this thread. I R very serious. Log in to see images!

the current bid I think is 21 BP by why_so_srs . I freakin hope he’ serious!

ALSO: I think I’ll most likely end the auction once I’ve obtained all three Westvleteren beers.

SUMMARISED:
-Ename will be added to the list of beers available for the auction
-I think the current bid is 21 BP
-So far the auction will most likely end when I’ve obtained all three Westvleteren beers – this is subject to change which will be posted in both the OP as in a new post in the thread.

If you have questions or suggestions don’t hesitate to tub them or post them in here.

Rastanarcharismarx

ZombieFAIL

Avatar: 76613 Wed Oct 22 23:58:01 -0400 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 4 Hacker

Ask me about Free BP

Is this still going on?

and if so, would my next bid include the 6 BP I already gave you? (ie if I bid 22, would I only have to pay you 16?)

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

ZombieFAIL Posted:

Is this still going on?

and if so, would my next bid include the 6 BP I already gave you? (ie if I bid 22, would I only have to pay you 16?)

yup on both questions Log in to see images!

I am though taking a break on checking this auction, but I’m gonna resume promoting the auction when I’ve collected two kinds of Westvleteren

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!