Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Food Question for Re-Re to Permanoob clbum change.

My Oh My

Avatar: 51276 2010-09-24 23:37:37 -0400

Level 30 Permanoob

“Shit-for-Brains”

So when I change myself from a re-re into a permanoob, am I going to be rebumign an avatar, like when changing into the other clbumes?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Yes, there are some perman00b avatars available.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yes, there are some perman00b avatars available.

The question is can you keep your avatar if you already have purchased one?

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

Amasius Posted:

The question is can you keep your avatar if you already have purchased one?

I’ve run into this issue before, and ET was kind enough to refund my BP and let me change…but we really need an option added to the avatar selection screen to “Keep current avatar”. You know, just sayin’.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

I’ve run into this issue before, and ET was kind enough to refund my BP and let me change…but we really need an option added to the avatar selection screen to “Keep current avatar”. You know, just sayin’.

but then we’d have camwhores prancing about with re-re avatar

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Inertia Posted:

but then we’d have camwhores prancing about with re-re avatar

There’s a reason we have the “Purchase someone else’s avatar”

fat

Avatar: 49759 Sun Oct 26 03:31:30 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

HI I is bum Ketchup an.. O SHI- I think my fatrolls killed teh pokeymans under me...

Would it be possible to implant a sort-of check device that puts a seprate link saying “Oh! It looks you already have a bought avatar. Click here to keep it.”

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

you know i’m pretty sure this is like this only website ever that makes you pay to upload an avatar

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Tesfan Posted:

you know i’m pretty sure this is like this only website ever that makes you pay to upload an avatar

Nope, I was in this one forum, Final Fantasy Republic, looooong time ago like 2001, you need points to change avatar.

But that was 2002, before internet inflation got so bad. It’s probably unacceptable now.

But this is also the only place where you can change someone else’s avatar I think

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Something Awful charges for avatar changes. (And accounts, and everything else)

Also, they are just covering their bumes. If you read the agreement, you agree to take full responsibility for using the image as most people want to use copyright images for avatars.

Also they give you a LOT of free content, so moaning about paid OPTIONAL content is kinda dumb.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I really have to fix that thing where it foces you to pick a new avatar even if you’ve already uploaded your own.

I’ve always given people a free BP if they overwrite their avatar this way, so if you do it just use the contact us link.

As to why we charge for avatars: back before Episode 2, we needed some methods of earning money for game enhancements and avatar uploading seemed like a good one.

Also, the 1BP easily covers the storage costs of your image on our server, and stops people from flooding us with endless avatar changes.

edit: I’ve finally fixed this guys. If you got screwed over and were never reimbursed, please tubmail me and I’ll give you some free BP!

Evil Trout edited this message on 10/20/2008 12:39PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!