Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News New Card Discussion

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Would giving 10 scoops to the person with the least scoops in the bracket be either more opposite, or more interesting? Most of the time probably not that interesting since it’d just go to some randomer who’s not playing dom that week, but maybe in the higher brackets where people are more likely to be playing cards (and more likely to see the use of a ‘Reversal’ card).

Just thinking in terms of reversing all parts of a card’s effect – bumhole = Remove 10 scoops from the person with the most, opposite = give 10 scoops to the person with the least…

Following that thinking, Shield = When attacked, attack misses you. Opposite = When not attacked, attack hits you (so the opposite of a Shield would be the attack-magnet that Invariel described).

And what about simple attack cards – Shotgun = remove 2 random scoops from another player. To make it opposite you could do any combination of swapping ‘remove’ with ‘give’, ‘random’ with ‘selected’ and ‘another player’ with ‘yourself’.

Making it non-random would give away the fact that it’s being reversed before you’re done playing the card, so the reverse could be giving your attack target 2 scoops, removing 2 of your own scoops, or giving yourself 2 scoops.

man-man edited this message on 07/09/2009 11:46AM

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

Giving the person with the least amount of scoops ten more is interesting, and much more opposite, and I like the idea, as long as it’s revised to “the person with the fewest scoops that isn’t one of your alts”.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I was going to say, 10 to the bottom sounds like a fun card.

but cards are getting to be pretty crowded already imo.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

understood but how would that go about with shields.

You don’t PLAY a shield card until something is used on it, which would automatically be reversed on account of the reversal being in play.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

King of the Hill The next time you would be knocked from having 3 forums pwn’d to 2 (for a solo raid), you win back pwning status without losing a visit. (Whether or not they get it at any point undetermined, but a scoop gain idea like Fort mentioned, costs 4 scoops to help you get 8)

Blue Eyes White Dragon or Black Lotus OMG!!! Like, this is so totally rare! I don’t care if it destroys all the scoops of another player I will NEVER use it! (Doesn’t have any effect, but if you do a card trading tactic, you can use these to fill up already limited card space of another guy, possibly even preventing them from getting another card if they get 30 of them)

Shield Breaker Destroys 1 random scoop from EVERY player in the bracket. (Best used for destroying multiple shields but also incurs a lot of wrath.)

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

With the advent of that reversal card Im going to remention this card.

The Warhead

Destroys 30 random scoops across the bracket.

With a reversal in play that would be quite amusing.

Also, I propose the rename the Reversal to The Trump Card

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

You -do- play shields, though. The act of playing a shield equips it. And you’ve got to equip the first one before they auto-re-equip.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Supply Drop You or one of the 2 people directly adjacent to you receive 10 random scoops. (33% chance to help you, 66% chance to help someone else, but maybe you don’t care.)

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Daggr™ – Destroys one of every scoop.

Goatse – The next Peeping Tom card that is used against the player fails. Accompanied by a suitable graphic, of course. Log in to see images!

Shuffle – A random number (2-4?) of your opponent’s domination cards are randomly changed.

Also, I reckon we should introduce some cards that, when played, bring up a mini-game that you must beat to get an effect.

Example: Joust! Would involve a jousting mini-game, where you choose a difficulty; the higher the difficulty, the more damage the card does. Of course, these games would have to be fiendishly hard, to prevent the cards becoming overpowered.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

The mini game could instead be based on luck, like rock paper scissors. Tie = minor effect, lose = nothing, win = bigger than normal effect.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Dunatis Posted:

The mini game could instead be based on luck, like rock paper scissors. Tie = minor effect, lose = nothing, win = bigger than normal effect.

I really like this. Maybe lose = lower effect rather than no effect. e.g. bumhole would be 4, 8, 10.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/10/2009 4:33PM

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Modest Improvement could be 1, 2 or 3

Shotgun, 0, 2 or 4

Peeping Tom could tell you either their cards, their cards AND visits left, or they get the wrong window and tell you either a random guys cards, or even your own Log in to see images! Maybe they just get caught and the person you tried to spy on knows you tried to spy on them.

Works best with things that are generally more powerful than others though to make them seem less awesome so with the bumhole this would help, or with things that are hardly used to make them more interesting.

Or just new cards of course Log in to see images!

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Last time I was online on this computer I was thinking further on the Reversal ideas, trying to come up with a fully-reversed version of each card. Just found the window I left open before hitting Hibernate… here’s what I came up with:

• The bumhole = Remove 10 random scoops from player with most scoops, Reverse bumhole = Add 10 random scoops to player with least scoops.
  • The Destroyer = Remove 1 chosen scoop from another player, Reverse Destroyer = Add 1 random scoop to yourself/a random player.

The reverse of “another player” would be “yourself”, reverse of “a chosen player” would be “a random player”. Can be translated either way, or leave the target of the card as the person selected for attack, depending on whether a reversed attack card should be a benefit to yourself, a benefit to your attack target, or a benefit to some other random player.

• The Modest Improvement = Give 2 scoops to yourself. Reverse Modest Improvement = Remove 2 scoops from another player
  • The Peeping Tom = Another player’s cards are shown to you. Reverse Peeping Tom = Your cards are shown to another player (or everyone, because that works better)
  • The Shield = When attacked, attack misses you. Reverse Shield = Attack Magnet (as explained before)
  • The Shotgun = Remove 2 random scoops from a chosen player. Reverse Shotgun = Give 2 random scoops to yourself/a random player (again, depends how you want to translate it)
  • The Stray Bullet = Remove a random card from a selected player. Reverse Stray Bullet = Give a random card to yourself/a random player
  • The Switcheroo = Randomly swap 2 flavas of your own. Reverse Switcheroo = Randomly swap 2 flavas of someone else.
  • The Thief = Steal 1 scoop from another player. Reverse Thief = Give 1 scoop to another player

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

We could have one card, “The Russian Reversal”, which turns a Domination card used against you back on the user.

That would also make “The Peeping Tom” a non-worthless card because if someone attempts to use a “The bumhole” the would get fudged up rather badly unless they have a “The Shield” equipped to stop it. So, they would have to use the peep to tell if it’s safe to use a powerful card like that or “The Stray Bullet”.

mterek edited this message on 08/06/2009 5:33PM

ElGrande

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

<START TRANSMISSION>

This is the official Card thread. I will keep an updated list of all the suggested Cards (that are being considered).

Crouching Coward: The next offensive domination card that you play on a player will appear anonymous

Box of Chocolates: gives X scoops, but the scoop types given are chosen at random (X = 3)

Crazy Cooter: This card removes X scoops at random, from X random characters (X = 3 or 4)

male reproductive organshot: Nullifies the next card used in your bracket

Personal bumistant – By playing this card you can see how many visits an opponent has left

With this set you have to compare their relative efficiency to the current existing cards and their relative distribution.

-Croughing Coward is tactically interesting at the price of being very scoop inefficent. Overall fairly limited use and pretty low power.

-Box of Chocolates is potentially potent for balancing out min scoops. The 3/4 return is nice, although modest improvement is probably better overall. Also potentially nice for storing scoops in cards to stay out of the lead and avoid being bumholed.

-Crazy Cooter is a Troll’s dream. It also has an incredibly high untargeted destruction efficiency (9, 12 or 16 scoops as currently written depending on X for 4 scoops spent) at present. Of course, if the player can be one of the random characters it makes it all the more chaotic. Probably useless for anyone actually trying to medal except perhaps as a day 1 play.

-male reproductive organshot is sort of a generic shield. Very potentially useful for teammates who aren’t trying to medal themselves in protecting their leader. Could be a rule programming nightmare with various interactions. Also, would its effects be publicly displayed, or only revealed when broken? I bumume it wouldn’t stack, as two male reproductive organshots in a row would just cancel each other out. Interesting, but possibly headache inducing.

-Personal bumistant is pretty simple. It’s only useful on the final day or so, but arguably more powerful than the peeping tom for planning strategy.

All these cards are pretty well balanced in terms of power. If all were implemented I would suggest adding 1 to the number of card choices players get or implementing the ideas of +1 scoop to “muligan” or spend 6 total to pick and choose (although the 6 scoop to choose rule has some serious risks with bumholes and shields)

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

We’re also considering a higher cost set of cards, perhaps 8 or 10 scoops?

Erection: Takes X scoops of your choosing and puts them all into one scoop flava (maybe X = 5?)

Flacid: Redistribute X scoops of a chosen flava and randomly spread them out (maybe X = 5?)

Spread the love: Remove X random scoops from each of the top 3 players (X = 2 when you have more then 4 scoops, X = 3 when you have 4 or less)

Self-Destructor: Look at your opponent’s hand, force a chosen card to be discarded

Card Thief: Steal a random card from a chosen opponent

Chameleon: The next offensive domination card will appear to come from the user of your choosing

Feminine Caller: Allows a user to disarm a shield equipped (for the next attack only – if there’s no shield equipped, the card does nothing)

Card Shark: Discards up to X cards from another character and replaces them with an equal number of random cards (X = 3)

Counter Strike: The next character that uses an offensive card against you loses X scoops (X = 2, can be auto-equipped)

Mirror Mirror: Sends the next attack that comes your way back at the source

Pbum the Buck: Redirects the next card used against you to target user

Mirror Mirror and Pbum the Buck are potentially quite powerful. It might be easy enough to play around by leading with weaker attacks like the thief. As “super shields” I imagine for game rules if implemented they would need to be treated as shields.

Most of the others are slightly more powerful versions of their 4 scoop cousins that don’t really justify 2x the cost. Card Thief is a strictly better version of Self-destructor the same way The Thief is a strictly better version of the Destroyer. In both cases I think I’d rather just have 2 stray bullets. Feminine Caller is probably overpriced for what it does. I’d rather just buy two attack cards and break two shields than slip past one for 8 scoops.

Most of these are Troll cards. For the price, Erection and Flacid are actually worse than Modest Improvement. Spread the Love is probably worse than 2 bumholes. Counter-strike could potentially be a 4 scoop card bumuming it doesn’t actually block the attack in question – it’s basically just an “auto-shotgun” at twice the price. Some of the re-direction cards could have weird interaction rules with each other.

I apologize for mostly being critical without actually offering my own ideas. Conceptually I find a lot of these cards interesting, and balancing the power levels is tricky but usually possible once an idea is decided to be “good”.

Perhaps more of the “Super” 8 scoop cards should effect the entire bracket? Things like “Destroy 10 scoops at random from every player” or “Randomly take X (2 or 3?) scoops from everyone in the top half of the bracket and give X to everyone in the bottom half” have potential to shake things up and make a lot of friends and enemies. If all the Super cards do is give you 1.5x the effect of an existing 4 scoop card for twice the price, they’re not going to see much play.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!