Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News New Medal Discussion

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Re-Rewind Posted:

Last Man Standing – As soon as a player surpbumes x scoops they enter the running for this medal, as soon as an attack card (destroyer, thief, shotgun, bumhole) is used against them they lose eligibility for the rest of the week. Player who has most scoops and has had no cards used against them wins the medal.

(The leader board would not show which players were eligible for the medal)

I love the idea, though it doesn’t seem very skill-based. Maybe there’s a bit of talent involved in subliminally discouraging other players from attacking you?

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

I think we’ve got enough ideas for now. I’m unstickying this for now… Thanks for the feedback.

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 10/30/2008 12:08PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Only have 2 alts left that haven’t hit the level cap, anticipate this within next week.

Dom brackets notably lackluster.

New medal for blowing crap up please. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Re-Rewind Posted:

Last Man Standing – As soon as a player surpbumes x scoops they enter the running for this medal, as soon as an attack card (destroyer, thief, shotgun, bumhole) is used against them they lose eligibility for the rest of the week. Player who has most scoops and has had no cards used against them wins the medal.

(The leader board would not show which players were eligible for the medal)

This would mean the player would probably want to avoid fibbonacci sequence, highest scoops, lowest unique total. It wouldn’t be a reward for those not playing too much unless nobody was going for it since anyone actually trying for it would have to keep such a low profile and would probably swarm attack a lot of people above him in the last minute and hope for no retaliation. Might create some fun disruption at the end of the week.

As for an emo requirement for medals, how about “person who lost the most in their attempt to win”? Since anti-freeze is gained by gambling or suicide, you could say that the person who lost the most Flezz during the week (triple suicide would count as 100000 let’s say) by gambling for scoops gets it. If you actually showed how much was already gambled and had higher bet totals it might actually get competitive for those who have way too much money to burn as well as help out the economy for those of us who don’t have 67 million flezz as far as Kyoubai is concerned.

It might start only once you’ve lost a certain amount and wins would count against the total so it’s not just an easy way to get scoops since it would take so long to do and drain your resources that for the most part, it would hardly be worth it for many successive weeks.

Maybe not the best idea but hey, I’m trying?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Lester Burnham Posted:

Only have 2 alts left that haven’t hit the level cap, anticipate this within next week.

Dom brackets notably lackluster.

New medal for blowing crap up please. Log in to see images!

I have nearly stopped playing this game so maybe I am just unhip, but can anyone explain to me why a Destruction medal is a good idea? I can not think of any positive affect it will have.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

was Posted:

I have nearly stopped playing this game so maybe I am just unhip, but can anyone explain to me why a Destruction medal is a good idea? I can not think of any positive affect it will have.

Honestly we shouldn’t even discuss the positive or negative things that could happen. Just put them into effect for a week or two and then review how it went, so we can see if it’s a keeper or not.

In the month or greater or however long it’s been since the serious idea of a destruction medal came up, we could have thoroughly tested it by now, plus more.

Actions > words, kids.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 03/27/2009 6:33AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Actually, I don’t care what new medal is introduced. Personally, I think The Fibonacci Sequence is the most interesting, yet difficult, of the medals being considered.

Something destruction based is a natural counter to all the building options. Random destruction takes more effort than random scoop earning. A card must be purchased and used. Calculated and maximized destruction takes as much effort as calculated building. There is a balance there.

Giving solo players something to reasonably attempt in a bracket full of klan alliances is also a good thing, imo. A solo or non-Dom klan player cannot reasonably expect to win one of the existing medals, regardless of effort put in, if they are thrown into a bracket with 5 or 6 players from the same klan. Something that encouraged more players to actively participate in the round would make klan interplay and alliances more dynamic as well, not only by rewarding those who took a support role, but by making bracket control a more important position.

I believe The bumhole is too powerful for a destruction medal to be considered right now, especially with the introduction of Stray Bullet (which frankly feels overpowered.)

Destruction based or something else, I would like to see a few more options that are in direct conflict with existing options. I think the current medal spread is a frustrating thing. To play competitively one must devote time, several times each week to running visits and gambling, possibly submitting to Forumbuildr. When the rewards are so limited, there isn’t a lot of incentive to keep playing. If there is never a reward, how long does a person bother trying? And from the flip side, if a person can do just as well playing once a month rather than every week, why should they put in the weekly effort? All in all, there simply need to be more rewards.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Johnny Mac Posted:

Honestly we shouldn’t even discuss the positive or negative things that could happen. Just put them into effect for a week or two and then review how it went, so we can see if it’s a keeper or not.

In the month or greater or however long it’s been since the serious idea of a destruction medal came up, we could have thoroughly tested it by now, plus more.

Actions > words, kids.

I move that every week we test the potential medals one at a time for a month, vote on them and keep the winners.

Redfish12X

Level 69 Troll

I'm an annoying thief, and i wont **** with grattojs again.

Total Destroyed is my kind of thing. I’d have 50 medals by now if it were in existence. Whenever I have no shot at winning I blow all my scoops on bumholes.

Fibonacci is ridiculous. A single card would make it damned near impossible to get. 1 Shotgun, 1 Destroyer, 1 Thief, heck, even an bumhole if it gets to that point will rob the medal.

Target number of scoops is similar to Fibonacci. Perhaps change it to whoever gets the closest to the target number? (As in, instead of the bracket showing a “Yes” or a “No”, it shows a “103” or “17” if you’re 103 or 17 scoops away from the target number. Lowest number wins.)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!