Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News New Medal Discussion

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Wangerbanger Posted:

Punching Bag – Have the most cards played against you.

I could see this getting exploited by alts. Otherwise it was a good idea.

Wangerbanger Posted:

Fave Flava Fervor – Have the most of a single color.

Uhh.. Fav Flava already exists.. not getting the difference here.

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 10/07/2008 5:02PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Uhh.. Fav Flava already exists.. not getting the difference here.

Maybe he meant 1 medal for each flavour. So One for antifreeze, one for lemon, etc

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Lowest unique min scoops for one medal? Or a runner up second place min scoops, also for 1 medal?

Literally the character with the lowest unique total scoops. Highest min scoops is way different, that’s about the individual flava totals.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Another troll goal – largest total number of scoops taken from a single specific player? Troll goals are a good incentive not to interrupt solo or klan raids, if you’re planning on being an bumhole that week anyway.

Not a bad alternative to the troll goal..

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

We need to take care that single player brackets don’t earn something like 12 medals just by covering all the bases in one week.

The key is ensuring that you can’t.. it’s virtually impossible to get highest min scoops, most scoops, lowest unique minimum, target total scoops, etc, etc. Right now it’s relatively easy to get all 4 medals (in the lower brackets at least). But with these new ones, no one could get all of them. Or it would be EXTREMELY HARD. You’d have to be in a solo bracket to do it.. Oh.. I see what you’re saying. Yes, no solo brackets Log in to see images!

But even then, you get 12 medals (or whatever) one week.. then you’re right in the fire with the other players and there’s no way you could do it again.

Either way, noted.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Inertia Posted:

Maybe he meant 1 medal for each flavour. So One for antifreeze, one for lemon, etc

I considered that. I’d get rid of Fave Flava, obviously. Yeah, could do. And probably easy to implement. Very soon the question becomes, how many medals do we want to award each week Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I considered that. I’d get rid of Fave Flava, obviously. Yeah, could do. And probably easy to implement. Very soon the question becomes, how many medals do we want to award each week Log in to see images!

Yeah you’d have to limit it somewhat.. I was getting the feeling that this is getting a bit carried away, too many medals

I think a medal for each flava is a good idea too. Speciality.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Only the best medal ideas will actually be chosen Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Lowest Unique Total Scoops: Literally the user with the least scoops where no one else has the same value (during a domination week).

I don’t think many players would “earn” this one, but rather win it by default. I guess I don’t like it because someone could ignore Dom all week long and gamble themselves a medal in the last minute of the round. It just seems like too much of a freebie for those not bothering. If this was chosen I would say the lowest total must be more than zero, otherwise it’s too easy to purchase cards and/or bumhole yourself into no scoops. (And, yeah, someone else could tie the zero, but it would pretty solidly eliminate the Forumbuildr players who never know when they will earn a scoop.)

- Most Scoops Destroyed (Troll goal?): The user that has destroyed the most scoops (from other users) during a domination week.

I’ve always like this one. I think it might encourage some of the griefer/troll style players to participate in Domination. Currently there is no incentive to play from an aggressive destruction stance, I mean besides annoying the crap out of your fellow player. I think it would also help get rid of the “you are mean” perception that is bumociated with strategically using attack cards. Plus, cleanliness is next to godliness, and a clean bracket is a happy bracket. Log in to see images!

- Total scoops ends on a target number: Total scoops must be equal to a target number chosen and displayed at the beginning of the domination week.

Interesting as long as the number is up there a bit. It wouldn’t be so interesting if the number was 9. This is probably the most impossible outside of the lower brackets if there are no ties.

- The Fibonacci Sequence (Hacker goal?): Your scoop flava totals must be equal to any segment of the Fibonacci Sequence in the proper order (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377)

This is awesome. Do this.

- Destroyer of Shields: The user that destroys the most shields during a domination week.

Honestly, I’d just merge this into the most scoops destroyed. Maybe have Shields count for 2 scoops? As it is, someone in the lower brackets could easily win this by self bumholing, and in many brackets wouldn’t ever be won.

- Highest total without any cards (Noob goal?): Like the title states, don’t purchase cards and get the most scoops (of users that have no purchased any cards).

So this would be instantly eliminated as an option if a card was purchased, or would it be like the theme week where if you ended with cards you were disqualified from this? If you instantly disqualify for purchasing a single card, I think this is neat.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Another troll goal – largest total number of scoops taken from a single specific player? Troll goals are a good incentive not to interrupt solo or klan raids, if you’re planning on being an bumhole that week anyway.

As much as I love this, it would be a bad thing for morale. It would easily be used as an excuse to try to hound certain players out of the game. (God this would be awesome, it really shouldn’t be considered. Log in to see images! )

Wangerbanger Posted:

My suggestions:

Punching Bag – Have the most cards played against you.

Fave Flava Fervor – Have the most of a single color.

The individual Fav Flava option would be an easy instant fix for the low medal count, and it would be pretty difficult to pull multiple Fav Flavas. I like this idea. Not a fan of the punching bag one.

Overall, we used to have a total possibility of 15 winners (20 medals) per bracket each week. We are now sitting on 3 winners (4 medals.) Looking at it head on it seems like a good idea, but in practice it isn’t. It’s been interesting, but has to be crazily discouraging for the newbie brackets where only 3 out of 60+ players have a shot. If alts of experienced players get tossed into the mix it could easily take months for a player who is trying to get a single medal. Honestly, that is going to make people quit playing. In the upper brackets it’s become a sort of punishment for playing aggressively. Knowing they were very unlikely to pick up a medal pushed a lot of players into a “why bother” mode where they are simply waiting until they fall far enough that they can easily grab 3 or 4 medals. Not competing shouldn’t be a viable strategy.

I’m going to use Ricket as an example because he’s hot and a good Domination player. Since the medal reduction Ricket has earned a total of 6 medals. 3 of them were pretty solidly klan vanilla medals, the other 3 he had to work his freaking bum off for. In this same time period several normally top bracket players have simply stopped bothering. It has steadily pushed them further and further down the bracket chain. Now if for some reason Ricket, who has never left the top bracket this season, gets shut out of medals these last two weeks, while the players who have slipped off into cakewalk brackets sweep next week? The inactive players will be able to grab 8 medals simply because they didn’t bother doing anything during the past 11 weeks. It will actually have been a better strategy to not play than to play.

Obviously not medaling week after week needs to push a player down the brackets, it would be horrible for a new player to be forever stuck in the top bracket because they had one good week. That mechanic is completely necessary. Well, the only thing that can shift the penalty for playing is to either increase the number of available medals or reintroduce ties on some level.

If I could choose?

– I would like to see a situation where there are 9 – 12 possible medal winners per week in each bracket, with certain medals absolutely not working together to prevent a player from “sweeping” their bracket.

– Add the proposed medal options for – Most Scoops Destroyed, Total scoops ends on a target number, The Fibonacci Sequence, Highest total without any cards. This brings us to 7 unique medals.

– Add the additional Fav Flavas or allow 2 or 3 player ties for the Target Number and Fibonacci.

– All medals are equal – in other words eliminate the double medal for mins. (I know this was initially a reward for being able to earn scoops in all areas of the game, but it is now a reward for having a couple of Switcharoos.)

– Eliminate the end of season double medal week for future seasons. It’s cool, but it is also tossing a lot of bonus medals to players who haven’t bothered to play.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Lowest unique min scoops for one medal? Or a runner up second place min scoops, also for 1 medal?

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Literally the character with the lowest unique total scoops. Highest min scoops is way different, that’s about the individual flava totals.

Those were actually suggestions for another couple of medals;

Player 1 gets 2 medals for getting the highest min scoops

Player 2 gets 1 medal for second highest min scoops – a ‘runner up’ prize

Player 3 gets 1 medal for the lowest unique min scoops, similar to but seperate from your lowest unique scoop total

Any ties for any of the above categories would be disqualified

A player would only receive one of these rewards, to prevent someone from getting 4 medals for the only min scoops in the bracket.

Another suggestion – some of these lesser achievements don’t seem like they would be worth a full medal. Half medals? This would also give scope for a wider selection of ‘runner up’ rewards.

Most scoops 1 medal

Second most scoops 1/2 a medal

Highest flava 1 medal

Second highest flava 1/2 a medal

...and so on

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

How about a “Highest Max Scoops” for whoever had the highest number of scoops throughout the entire week, instead of just at the end of it?

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Lord Shplane Posted:

How about a “Highest Max Scoops” for whoever had the highest number of scoops throughout the entire week, instead of just at the end of it?

signed

also, if u want to inflationate the medals given out, most of each color

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I really like the idea of clbum-specific medals- things that you can get a medal for, but only if you are of the specific clbum. I think the Hacker medal conditions should be expanded to include various other series of numbers, each of which would have a certain value… like Poker hands. Whichever Hacker in the bracket gets the most valuable sequence gets the medal. (I doubt many people would be able to set this up in the same bracket, but if they do, that would be a way to determine who gets the win). Along with the Fibonacci Sequence, we should also include Series of Sequentially Increasing Prime Numbers, Sequences of Pi Digits, Sequence of Golden Ratio Digits, and at the most valuable, the Nerd Number Royal Flush… any sequence of a pre-determined series of nerd related numbers (including 8 from Discworld, 11 as half of THX1138, 19 from Dark Tower, 27 from Weird Al Yankovic inside jokes, 38 as the other half of THX1138, 42 from Hitchhiker, 52 from the DC Universe, etc). The pool of numbers wouldn’t have to be too big- we could probably dig up at least 10 numbers if necessary, but for it to count the numbers would have to be in order of increasing size from left to right.

Most Scoops Destroyed shouldn’t be the troll goal to itself- it’s far too popular a category to be limited to one clbum.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Actually, I kind of like the idea of Most Raids Disrupted as a troll goal to itself. Log in to see images! If only there was an easy way to measure it…

Most Total Scoops With No Cards Used is a great Re-Re goal.

Most Cards Bought (not necessarily most used, but with the 30-card hand limit you’d have to use a lot of cards anyway just to make space for more) would be a pretty good Camwhore goal.

And for an Emo Kid goal… I dunno. The obvious answer is Most (of own) Scoops Destroyed, but as Bingebot said that would be exploitable by alts.

Orb edited this message on 10/08/2008 4:18PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Orb Posted:

I really like the idea of clbum-specific medals- things that you can get a medal for, but only if you are of the specific clbum. I think the Hacker medal conditions should be expanded to include various other series of numbers, each of which would have a certain value… like Poker hands. Whichever Hacker in the bracket gets the most valuable sequence gets the medal. (I doubt many people would be able to set this up in the same bracket, but if they do, that would be a way to determine who gets the win). Along with the Fibonacci Sequence, we should also include Series of Sequentially Increasing Prime Numbers, Sequences of Pi Digits, Sequence of Golden Ratio Digits, and at the most valuable, the Nerd Number Royal Flush… any sequence of a pre-determined series of nerd related numbers (including 8 from Discworld, 11 as half of THX1138, 19 from Dark Tower, 27 from Weird Al Yankovic inside jokes, 38 as the other half of THX1138, 42 from Hitchhiker, 52 from the DC Universe, etc). The pool of numbers wouldn’t have to be too big- we could probably dig up at least 10 numbers if necessary, but for it to count the numbers would have to be in order of increasing size from left to right.

Some good ideas in there.. I like the Pi digits one.. and I know someone else that would to (but I’m not naming names Log in to see images!) It would have to be some form of amalgamation.. take your A|C|L|P|V totals, append them together and get as much of the pattern as possible.. 3141592653. So 31|41|59|26|53 or 3|14|15|9|2 or 31|4|15|9|26 etc etc…

Orb Posted:

Most Scoops Destroyed shouldn’t be the troll goal to itself- it’s far too popular a category to be limited to one clbum.

I think we should leave the goals open to all clbumes regardless of what kind they.. we’re all a little troll-like at heart Log in to see images!

Orb Posted:

Actually, I kind of like the idea of Most Raids Disrupted as a troll goal to itself. Log in to see images!

Me too.. I’ll see what can be done.

Orb Posted:

Most Cards Bought (not necessarily most used, but with the 30-card hand limit you’d have to use a lot of cards anyway just to make space for more) would be a pretty good Camwhore goal.

I considered this, but wouldn’t the person with the most scoops typically be buying the most cards..? I’d like to avoid giving more medals to the person already winning the majority of the medals. By example it’s pretty easy to win fav flava and most scoops.

And that’s what I have to say about that.

B2015

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

scullyangel Posted:

The individual Fav Flava option would be an easy instant fix for the low medal count, and it would be pretty difficult to pull multiple Fav Flavas. I like this idea. Not a fan of the punching bag one.

Overall, we used to have a total possibility of 15 winners (20 medals) per bracket each week. We are now sitting on 3 winners (4 medals.) Looking at it head on it seems like a good idea, but in practice it isn’t. It’s been interesting, but has to be crazily discouraging for the newbie brackets where only 3 out of 60+ players have a shot. If alts of experienced players get tossed into the mix it could easily take months for a player who is trying to get a single medal. Honestly, that is going to make people quit playing. In the upper brackets it’s become a sort of punishment for playing aggressively. Knowing they were very unlikely to pick up a medal pushed a lot of players into a “why bother” mode where they are simply waiting until they fall far enough that they can easily grab 3 or 4 medals. Not competing shouldn’t be a viable strategy.

I’m going to use Ricket as an example because he’s hot and a good Domination player. Since the medal reduction Ricket has earned a total of 6 medals. 3 of them were pretty solidly klan vanilla medals, the other 3 he had to work his freaking bum off for. In this same time period several normally top bracket players have simply stopped bothering. It has steadily pushed them further and further down the bracket chain. Now if for some reason Ricket, who has never left the top bracket this season, gets shut out of medals these last two weeks, while the players who have slipped off into cakewalk brackets sweep next week? The inactive players will be able to grab 8 medals simply because they didn’t bother doing anything during the past 11 weeks. It will actually have been a better strategy to not play than to play.

Obviously not medaling week after week needs to push a player down the brackets, it would be horrible for a new player to be forever stuck in the top bracket because they had one good week. That mechanic is completely necessary. Well, the only thing that can shift the penalty for playing is to either increase the number of available medals or reintroduce ties on some level.

If I could choose?

– I would like to see a situation where there are 9 – 12 possible medal winners per week in each bracket, with certain medals absolutely not working together to prevent a player from “sweeping” their bracket.

– Add the proposed medal options for – Most Scoops Destroyed, Total scoops ends on a target number, The Fibonacci Sequence, Highest total without any cards. This brings us to 7 unique medals.

– Add the additional Fav Flavas or allow 2 or 3 player ties for the Target Number and Fibonacci.

– All medals are equal – in other words eliminate the double medal for mins. (I know this was initially a reward for being able to earn scoops in all areas of the game, but it is now a reward for having a couple of Switcharoos.)

– Eliminate the end of season double medal week for future seasons. It’s cool, but it is also tossing a lot of bonus medals to players who haven’t bothered to play.

Agreed on most of these points. I think that 10-12 medals per bracket is a good number to aim for. And making people discouraged and quit.. or not participate for X weeks in order to get more scoops is very bad. Ideally I’d like the medals to spread in such a way that it would be impossible (or virtually impossible) to get all of them in one week.

fabulous persons of War

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Maybe these new medals could be ‘Silver’ medals and the original three become ‘Gold’ medals?

After you have run the new medals for a few weeks and the value of the medals are figured out you could allow trading silver medals for gold?

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

fabulous persons of War Posted:

Maybe these new medals could be ‘Silver’ medals and the original three become ‘Gold’ medals?

After you have run the new medals for a few weeks and the value of the medals are figured out you could allow trading silver medals for gold?

I’d rather avoid new medal values (silver/gold) as it just introduces a nightmare in terms of how they are displayed and tallied on the site. For now I’m thinking all goals should be valued the same. With the introduction of new medals we’d likely de-value “highest min” to 1 medal instead of 2.

fabulous persons of War

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Ok then, how about medals for efficency eg:

A medal for the player who medals using the least cards (This includes unused cards stored at the end of a round)(players who use 0 cards are exempt from winning)

A medal for the player who medals with the least total scoops gained in a week.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

fabulous persons of War Posted:

Ok then, how about medals for efficency eg:

A medal for the player who medals using the least cards (This includes unused cards stored at the end of a round)(players who use 0 cards are exempt from winning)A medal for the player who medals with the least total scoops gained in a week.

I’d rather avoid doubly rewarding characters Log in to see images! That’s part of the problem that we have today, people get Fave Flava and Most Scoops.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Hum… I’m not into most of the propositions. I just don’t think that there should be too many Domination medals, or medals that are way easier to get than others. Some of the ideas would be either quite random or much more likely to achieve than the current three ones. And I don’t see the point of 90% of active Domination players winning medals. Therefore I am against medals for each flava.

Lowest Unique Total Scoops

NO: Would be quite random and especially it wouldn’t require really much effort. Having a guess 15 minutes before the domination week ends and playing some blackjack is not really comparable to winning min scoops, max scoops or total scoops.

Most Scoops Destroyed

MAYBE: Eventhough this is a pretty aggressive medal that might encourage too many people to go berserk, it might be a nice feature under certain cirgreat timesstances. You just have to make sure that Domination doesn’t end up with every player having zero scoops at the end of the week. Maybe add some additional requirements like that you must have at least one min scoop to win the medal or whatever encourages people not only to destroy scoops but also to build up their own scoop empire. If this medal gets implemented, I’d really enjoy to see a corresponding medal for the player with most destroyed scoops. Indeed the Alt scenario might be a huge problem, but maybe there is a decent solution?! Not rewarding the player with most destroyed scoops but with most collected scoops overall might be one.

Total scoops ends on a target number

YES: This one could be fun, I think. Especially as draws are not allowed. So I don’t think that it can be won too easily.

The Fibonacci Sequence

YES: Sounds interesting indeed. Why not try it. Maybe also consider which segment the scoops equal so that if there are two people who have a Fibonacci Sequence, one with 0, 1, 1, 2, 3 and the other one with 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, the latter one wins the medal. Oh, and let’s leave it by that please. I don’t want to see any other special sequences… would be no fun to have five different Sequence scoops as you couldn’t keep a decent overview in your Domination bracket.

Destroyer of Shields

NO: Nooes Log in to see images! No need for this medal.

Highest total without any cards

NO: Unnecessary. Don’t see the point of this one neither. As a counterpart to the aggressive medals? Nah, wouldn’t work. These players would just get ****ed up by the Domination trolls. Rather implement the medal I suggested above, for most collected scoops overall.

And no other medals please. If there are too many, to few people will focus on one in particular. And e.g. the Fibonacci one is only fun if there are at least 4-5 people who care.

Furthermore, I think that scully has some valid points in his posts. You should really consider modifying the brackets.

Beavis-Dragon

Level 56 Emo Kid

Douchebag to the Stars!!!!!!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Going left to right on the Domination bracket page you’ll have…

A|C|L|P|V

A = Anti-Freeze

C = Chocolate

L = Lemon

P = Pistachio

V = Vanilla

In order to get this Medal you’ll need:

A|C|L|P|V

0|1|1|2|3

Or

A|C|L|P|V

1|1|2|3|5

Or

A|C|L|P|V

1|2|3|5|8

Or

A|C|L|P|V

2|3|5|8|13

etc, etc…

I love this idea… it’s a must have

Re-Rewind

Avatar: 29572 Thu Oct 23 20:42:10 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Last Man Standing – As soon as a player surpbumes x scoops they enter the running for this medal, as soon as an attack card (destroyer, thief, shotgun, bumhole) is used against them they lose eligibility for the rest of the week. Player who has most scoops and has had no cards used against them wins the medal.

(The leader board would not show which players were eligible for the medal)

Re-Rewind edited this message on 10/23/2008 8:09PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!