Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion post your favorite eschatological theories

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

I found out about Novelty Theory recently. it’s basically the idea that the universe is a living system designed to create novelty (complexity and order, the opposite of entropy).

McKenna repeatedly describes human cultural development as a succession of historical periods which are “compressed” versions of each other. In this manner, he describes an overall acceleration of human cultural development, which he likens to a “tightening spiral” approaching what he describes as the “transcendental object at the end of the universe”.

according to his predictions we’re approaching an era where novelty will increase infinitely and exponentially, and “anything and everything conceivable to the human imagination will occur simultaneously”. It’s kind of like the technological singularity except it doesn’t apply to just our technological and scientific advances but to human consciousness at large.

post your favorite end-of-the-world theories here

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

“approaching”

We’ll never actually reach it.

I believe the current economic crisis will lead to Armageddon and the second coming of Jesus Christ. And Obama is prime candidate for Anti-Christ.

There’s another one that piqued my interest, where, basically, in the future mankind will rely so much on machine we become immortal cyborgs and life becomes so organised that they will gradually lose the ability to feel emotion.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

welp

no matter how long billions of humans spend building a civilizations, it only takes one crazy one to screw us all over

i figure it’s a matter of time before a crazy nut gets the nuclear key codes and blows us all up

although I can see novelty theory because civilization has been expanding exponentially for some time now, so I can see either that happening or it collapsing

alternatively, (for a more positive outlook) it’s possible that we expand to the point where it’s impossible for us to be wiped out (i.e. global warming doesn’t wipe out humans because we colonize mars, nuclear weapons can’t wipe out humans because we develop defense systems, etc.)

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Tesfan Posted:

alternatively, (for a more positive outlook) it’s possible that we expand to the point where it’s impossible for us to be wiped out (i.e. global warming doesn’t wipe out humans because we colonize mars, nuclear weapons can’t wipe out humans because we develop defense systems, etc.)

Every time I get really high and watch Firefly episodes that line in the intro always bugs me out. something like “When the earth was used up, we moved to other planets” or something like that. Just the way he so calmly says “When the earth was used up.”. Really highlighted how viral the human race is.

If the universe doesn’t end in some kind of metaphysical birth of a new infinite consciousness I’d imagine this is the way things are gonna go. All the way towards development to a type III civilization. And maybe beyond, whatever that means.

BirdofPrey edited this message on 10/05/2008 7:30PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!