Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay CLOSED: CONTEST FOR 1BP: Recommend me a ****ing weird/interesting video game

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Grim Fandango: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango

Another Tim Schaefer masterpiece, the setting alone (The Mexican Land of the Dead) should be unusual enough to get you interested. On top of all of the freak and charm, there’s a fantastic game to be played, and an incredible story to be found. Sadly, you might need an emulator or something to play this one, it isn’t compliant with Windows XP or Vista.

Also, you should check out Planescape: Torment. Even if you don’t like D&D, you’ll probably love this. It’s as much of a great book as it is a great game. Plus, it’s extremely weird. Did I mention that you fight hordes of wizard rats, your best friend is a witty floating head, and you have to kill yourself numerous times to advance the plot?

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

TeeKayEff Posted:

Planescape: Torment.

One of the best games ever.

Master Troll Posted:

I wanna be the Guy

Weird, but mind numbingly ****ing hard. I haven’t ever played it and the videos on Youtube made sure I never would.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

I suppose a link to EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME would be good

Downloads, info, screenshots. Impossibly hard game that’s also fun somehow

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

Andy_Dextruss Posted:

Good game! P hard as well in some parts.

yeah it’ll bust your balls

i’m so glad roms have savestates or i never would have got anywhere Log in to see images!

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Laguna Posted:

LSD

This game sounds awesome. Any chance of a download link? And does it require any Japanese language skills?

If this is anything like what I imagine it to be, that’s a pretty impressive game.

I’d also like to recommend a few more games, if that’s okay. As horror adventure games go, I really enjoye the Chzo Mythos series (5 days a stranger,7 days a skeptic, Trilby’s notes and 6 days a sacrifice). The graphics are made in MS paint, true, but it’s remarkable how scary the games can be sometimes.

Anther freeware horror game I thoroughly enjoyed was the white chamber, despite the initially off putting (for me, anyway) graphics, this is an engrossing, scary, silent hill type romp aboard an abandoned spaceship.

And finally, the Ben Jordan series. They’re about the titular Ben Jordan, and his adventures in the paranormal. The series is currently on its penultimate episode.

Bear in mind that these are all amateur adventure games. They’ll run on your computer, but you’re mileage may vary depending on your tolerance for graphics, slightly illogical puzzles, and reasonably impressive but decidedly amateur voice acting.

Maximum Douc-
he

Avatar: 64815 Fri Nov 28 03:51:29 -0500 2008

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

I love speedos and speedos love me. Also, male reproductive organ.

**** newbs, you gotta throw out some really trippy games…

Like Fallout and Fallout 2, if you haven’t played them pick them up its like 10 bucks for the pair. Post Nuclear War Roleplaying games with a 1950’s tilt.

Or Normality done by Interplay, a puzzle game that details a world where being normal is the law, and being out of the norm gets you thrown in prison.

Maximum Douche edited this message on 10/02/2008 8:08PM

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

awww **** dog i saw LSD on /x/ a while ago and tried to get it

i failed because i suck at PS1 emulators

**** i dunno what to suggest i guess i’ll go with touhou because i’m unoriginal

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with Oblivion Lost is decent i suppose

hmmm

deus ex/SS2 for more unoriginality

american mcgee’s alice because i love that game as flawed as it is

i’ll explain any of these if you don’t know them but i doubt that

Princess Dra-
gonRape

[Big Bag Belligeren-
ts
]

Level 26 Camwhore

bumburgers is awesome lol

http://www.notpron.com

****ing addictive puzzle game. They change the puzzles regularly to stop walkthroughs from being built but sometimes you can find one if you’re really having trouble with a level.

Princess DragonRape edited this message on 10/02/2008 10:48PM

eatshat

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

this game.

http://bootrix2.wordpress.com/2007/12/28/syobon-action-cat-mario-full-game/

don’t ask me why, try it first, shat later.

also, bonus point for prank your mate.

eatshat edited this message on 10/03/2008 6:55AM

RazDaz

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Okami for the PS2 or Wii.

It’s a beautiful (it looks like one of those Japanese watercolor paintings come to life) adventure game with a Zelda feel to it. It’s also one of the best games I’ve ever played. It’s got a wonderful story and you can control the environment by drawing on it. You won’t get very many Man Points for it, but it’s worth it, dammit. Get the PS2 version for better controls or the Wii version for the ability to draw with the Wiimote.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Disgaea 1 or 2. Or Makai Kingdom.

They only play a TINY bit differently than the average RPG, but the story/characters/humor is insane and awesome.

Play it fabulous person.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

tactical RPGs are the worst ever

switty you should get TF2 D:<

Tresxae

[Emo Hell]

Level 51 Emo Kid

“Razor Ramon”

TeeKayEff Posted:

Grim Fandango: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango

Another Tim Schaefer masterpiece, the setting alone (The Mexican Land of the Dead) should be unusual enough to get you interested. On top of all of the freak and charm, there’s a fantastic game to be played, and an incredible story to be found. Sadly, you might need an emulator or something to play this one, it isn’t compliant with Windows XP or Vista.

Also, you should check out Planescape: Torment. Even if you don’t like D&D, you’ll probably love this. It’s as much of a great book as it is a great game. Plus, it’s extremely weird. Did I mention that you fight hordes of wizard rats, your best friend is a witty floating head, and you have to kill yourself numerous times to advance the plot?

Hard to top those two, both are great games. Homeworld and Homeworld 2 were pretty good for a RTS in a 3D setting. The game of the year edition came with an audio CD of the music from the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeworld

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

For sheer weirdness I recommend Cubivore (Gamecube). It’s pretty easy but addictive. I doubt it’s available in PAL format, but if you’re running Gamecube games through a Wii I’ve read that region coding can be pretty easily defeated.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.C._Kids

I once owned this game.

twas edited this message on 10/04/2008 5:09PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

The Simpsons game (PS2); Viewtiful Joe (PS2); Okami (PS2, Wii)

Almost all Nippon Ichi games (Disgaea, etc) are weird & interesting, but takes so long time, and practically infinite playability, but you’re probably not into this kind of stuff.

eaglewing

Level 17 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Im-ok the murder simulator. It’s a freeware game where you play as a dad who’s son was murdered and you blame the videogames, so you dset out to kill every videogamer in existance.

Syntome

Avatar: 64112 Wed Oct 15 22:18:57 -0400 2008

Level 51 Camwhore

“Cum Dumpstress”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dare_to_Dream

old school for the wierd, you’ll probably need dosbox or something equivalant

http://www.dosgames.nl/dosdg.html for the downloading

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Veer Posted:

tactical RPGs are the worst ever

Kill yourself.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!