Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help So I'm a newb.

Alcnaeon

[The Pretentious ****s]

Level 31 Emo Kid

The coolest **** alive.

And I don’t really understand the point of trying to win this.

I mean, It’s just for medals, right? Which doesn’t really do anything except give you bragging rights, yes?

Also, I understand how to win, and buy cards and whatnot, but aside from grinding INCIT and doing forums as fast as you can, can someone enlighten me as to some finer points of strategy in Domination? Log in to see images!

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

Alcnaeon Posted:

Which doesn’t really do anything except give you bragging rights, yes?

Haha y’know what, that’s actually more or less the only thing you gain from Domination.

I won’t bother providing you with tips, since I’m sure members of a few Dom klans will jump right in here and blast you with tactics lol

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

I’ve never really been into dom myself, but occasionally it is nice to wake up to some shiny new medals.

The whole point of Dom is to make grinding fun and profitable. It’s an endgame activity, as opposed to running concurent to Ep1. Try to win a few rounds and see what you think.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Alcnaeon Posted:

And I don’t really understand the point of trying to win this.

I mean, It’s just for medals, right? Which doesn’t really do anything except give you bragging rights, yes?

Also, I understand how to win, and buy cards and whatnot, but aside from grinding INCIT and doing forums as fast as you can, can someone enlighten me as to some finer points of strategy in Domination? Log in to see images!

E-Peen! You get different E-Peens for each 4 medals you win on Domination.

Read the wiki articles on tips for help: http://forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Domination_Tips___Getting_Started

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

It’s surprisingly addictive, once you start winning.

It adds a competitive angle to what is otherwise a solo game.

Yes, you mostly get medals, which translate into bragging rights and e-peen, which in turn translates into more bragging rights. But isn’t that the ultimate goal of most competitive activities?

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

enire Posted:

Yes, you mostly get medals, which translate into bragging rights and e-peen, which in turn translates into more bragging rights. But isn’t that the ultimate goal of most competitive activities?

Forumwarz does not net you woman's genitals, even of the VG nerd kind (oh, yeash, SMASH my C-stcick! ooohh…Log in to see images!

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

TJF588 Posted:

Forumwarz does not net you woman's genitals, even of the VG nerd kind (oh, yeash, SMASH my C-stcick! ooohh…Log in to see images!

*shrug* Whatever, I’m a girl anyways.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

You are all forgetting the joy of destroying the well laid plans of your fellow gamers. May I recommend The bumhole? Log in to see images!

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

enire Posted:

*shrug* Whatever, I’m a girl anyways.

i’ma play the gender card!!!! even though if you replace “woman's genitals” with “male reproductive organ” the argument remains perfectly valid!!!1111one

anywho, i forgot what the original question was so I’ll add some stuff here about it later

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Tesfan Posted:

i’ma play the gender card!!!! even though if you replace “woman's genitals” with “male reproductive organ” the argument remains perfectly valid!!!1111one

anywho, i forgot what the original question was so I’ll add some stuff here about it later

You have a point there. I have probably foregone gratuitous amounts of male reproductive organ in order to make time for my Domination addiction.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

all those hours spent playing domination could have been better spent elsewhere to say it simply

the only point in domination is medals, which are stupid bragging rights/for epeen, which are also stupid bragging rights

it gets you nothing in short lol and it’s a huge waste of time

if you’d like to waste countless hours of your day and life in order to get bragging rights on these forums where even nobody here cares then go ahead

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

gigerth Posted:

all those hours spent playing domination could have been better spent elsewhere to say it simply

the only point in domination is medals, which are stupid bragging rights/for epeen, which are also stupid bragging rights

it gets you nothing in short lol and it’s a huge waste of time

if you’d like to waste countless hours of your day and life in order to get bragging rights on these forums where even nobody here cares then go ahead

That’s what games are supposed to be, time wasters.

If you weren’t wasting your time on Domination you’d be wasting your time on something as useless as Domination, like watching TV.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

Fran Posted:

That’s what games are supposed to be, time wasters.

If you weren’t wasting your time on Domination you’d be wasting your time on something as useless as Domination, like watching TV.

usually you get a sense of accomplishment

domination is repetitive and pretty much based on luck and staying up until the counter runs down to spend all your cards or whatever

idk it’s personal preference but any time spent on that **** is better spent elsewhere

also you could go outside or something

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

gigerth Posted:

also you could go outside or something

ahahahahah

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Sometimes strategies have to be changed depending on the people playing and different ♦♠theme weeks, so I really can’t offer suggestions.

But I think the best strategy I’ve seen is buy a lot of alts, run vanilla raids, and totally take the fun out of the game. So if you got actual cash and don’t care for a fair competitive game, that’s the way to go.

Alcnaeon

[The Pretentious ****s]

Level 31 Emo Kid

The coolest **** alive.

Thanks, everybody. I may try my hand at it once I finish Episode 1, as I have always been an achievement whore, and would therefore greatly enjoy doing it for E-Peen, probably.Log in to see images!

URMOMLAWL

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

gigerth Posted:

domination is repetitive and pretty much based on luck and staying up until the counter runs down to spend all your cards or whatever

Sounds like someone doesn’t know how to play Dom Log in to see images! Medaling up to the top brackets is easy if you know what you’re doing, and that’s with not being available when the cycle ends. Of course now I’ve hit a wall since reaching there, until ET decides to change when Dom week ends :-/

Alcnaeon, if no one answers your question soon, you can tubmail me and I’ll tell you most of the tricks.

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Alcnaeon Posted:

...can someone enlighten me as to some finer points of strategy in Domination? Log in to see images!

Hardly finer points, but the basics:

If you’ve got the cash, gamble for antifreeze everyday. I think the daily max is 10 at the moment.

Save up your visits so that you’ve got 12 when the next round starts and use them to get solo vanilla scoops by dominating 4 forums, waiting for 1 to fall and taking another so that your forums owned count goes 4-3-4-3 etc. You can see how many forums you’ve got if you’re in a klan, so just make up a temp one if you don’t wanna deal with other people. Only ever play when you’ve got 12 visits saved to maximise vanilla.

Run pistachio loops – as your consecutive unique forums pwned increases you’ll get a bunch of e-peen and lots of scoops at the high-end.

Look around for speed run tips for maximising lemon scoops – using the numpad and holding down keys etc. should speed things up a bit.

I don’t bother with chocolate, just use a switcheroo midweek to dump a bunch in there if you’re going for mins (which is probably the easiest early on). I think you’ll probably get more scoops by being good at forumbuidr rather than at INCIT. Less time consuming too.

If you can’t make the end of the week then lots of shields will be your friend, as well as ‘hiding’ behind someone with more scoops than you (so you don’t get bumholed) until as late as possible and then use cards like the modest improvement to overtake them. Try not to make it too obvious what you’re going for until as late as possible. I never really see the last-minute card flurry strategies, so can’t help there.

There’s also klan vanilla available, but you wont need that until you get to the top brackets, and even then it’s possible to do well without it. If you do get stuck in a higher bracket, take some time off (grind praypal! ...or not) and you’ll soon drop back down. That’s what I do.

Apart from waiting for people to take one of your 4 pwned forums, and the gambling stuff, none of this takes any longer than just playing forumwarz. Makes the endgame a bit less tedious too.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Adeptus Posted:

Hardly finer points, but the basics:

If you’ve got the cash, gamble for antifreeze everyday. I think the daily max is 10 at the moment.

Save up your visits so that you’ve got 12 when the next round starts and use them to get solo vanilla scoops by dominating 4 forums, waiting for 1 to fall and taking another so that your forums owned count goes 4-3-4-3 etc. You can see how many forums you’ve got if you’re in a klan, so just make up a temp one if you don’t wanna deal with other people. Only ever play when you’ve got 12 visits saved to maximise vanilla.

Run pistachio loops – as your consecutive unique forums pwned increases you’ll get a bunch of e-peen and lots of scoops at the high-end.

Look around for speed run tips for maximising lemon scoops – using the numpad and holding down keys etc. should speed things up a bit.

I don’t bother with chocolate, just use a switcheroo midweek to dump a bunch in there if you’re going for mins (which is probably the easiest early on). I think you’ll probably get more scoops by being good at forumbuidr rather than at INCIT. Less time consuming too.

If you can’t make the end of the week then lots of shields will be your friend, as well as ‘hiding’ behind someone with more scoops than you (so you don’t get bumholed) until as late as possible and then use cards like the modest improvement to overtake them. Try not to make it too obvious what you’re going for until as late as possible. I never really see the last-minute card flurry strategies, so can’t help there.

There’s also klan vanilla available, but you wont need that until you get to the top brackets, and even then it’s possible to do well without it. If you do get stuck in a higher bracket, take some time off (grind praypal! ...or not) and you’ll soon drop back down. That’s what I do.

Apart from waiting for people to take one of your 4 pwned forums, and the gambling stuff, none of this takes any longer than just playing forumwarz. Makes the endgame a bit less tedious too.

Basically this, but I suck at gambling, so I prefer to earn Chocolate by submitting entries to Forumbuildr and use switcheroo to fill up my Antifreeze.

I really like going for the min scoops; you get 2 medals if you’re successful, and since you don’t need a ton of scoops in total, you can spend a lot of scoops on cards, which is super fun (and lets you keep a semi-low profile/ remain untargetable by the bumhole card). Switcheroo (to dump a bunch of scoops into whatever colour(s) you’re not really collecting), Modest Improvements (to shore up your weakest colour), and — of course — sheilds are the most important cards for this, IMO. Thief cards are great, too. Sometimes it’s fun not to worry about medals and just screw other people over with bumhole and Shotgun cards.

But… I’m not an elite Dom player (or even a particularly good one), so take my opinion with a large amount of salt. Read through the Domination threads and pay attention to the posts by people with lots of trophies.

URMOMLAWL

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Gambling’s easy. You can use Blackjack wiki chart, or this one which I believe is better: http://wizardofodds.com/software/bossmedia-apx1.html (first chart, ignore the splits stuff). You come slightly under break-even in the long-run, but you will go through streaks where you lose $10k in one session, so have a lot of cash on hand. You need 20 wins @ 1000 flezz for the 10 scoop cap, which I track by searching “you win” on the page, and cycling through to count up each instance. With the speed reading option, you can do this in 5-15 minutes every day, depending on how quick you are and luck.

If you don’t already, grind PrayPal to stockpile cash. Buy luck items. You only need to have them equipped at rollover, so don’t worry about wearing them until you’re done pwning praypal. Don’t forget to equip them!

You can get an extra four turns to abuse vanilla scoops if you’re around at rollover (7 a.m. EST). With this method, you can get up to 104 solo vanilla + any other scoops in 16 turns. As far as I know, going for Pistachios is trickier and time consuming, so I wouldn’t do it unless going for epeen. I recommend going for three hard forums that are less likely to be taken from you quickly, then picking one of the easy original forums (dental chat, rice rice baby, etc.), beating it, and waiting for what should be no more than a few minutes for someone else to take it (setting you back at 3 “dominated” forums) and beating it again, to get another 8 vanilla scoops. Keep tabs on your other 3 forums to make sure no one took them (click “Expand All Forum Details” and highlight/search your name to do this quickly).

There’s some more, but I’ve blown enough time typing this. Back to homework.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!