Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Isn't it kinda unfair to discuss about Forumbuildr submissions?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I find it unfair when someone starts a topic about a certain Forumbuildr submission when it’s only at an early stage of voting. The consequence is that the submission usually gets more attention from the crowd. Typically it gets more votes, which results in more chocolate scoops. But what could be worse is that the 1-sided judgment of the posters always drive the majority towards upvoting/downvoting it. Many leading forum ideas lost their first place that way.

What do you think?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I do agree it gets more attention. Negative attention actually. I was thinking about this yesterday. They’ll start talking about a submission and usually it’ll get downvotes just for the hell of it.

For example: Take Delusions of Grandeur (I know, I’m talking about one now). There was a post made recently about how it got a lot of votes up. The next day it’s got a lot more attention… more negative than positive. It pretty much kills that chance.

I’ve seen this happen a lot. There are problem with forumbuildr and… unfrotunately at the current time there is no fix. This is what happens with user submitted content.

Yeah, I almost never vote but I go and vote if someone complains about how horrible a submission is.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Balloon Posted:

For example: Take Delusions of Grandeur (I know, I’m talking about one now). There was a post made recently about how it got a lot of votes up. The next day it’s got a lot more attention… more negative than positive. It pretty much kills that chance.

It was at 22, and the lead by a wide margin, when Fran posted that thread, so that is a very bad (if not outright very special) example.

No troll.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Orb Posted:

It was at 22, and the lead by a wide margin, when Fran posted that thread, so that is a very bad (if not outright very special) example.

No troll.

Actually, when I saw that, it was at ~25 while BINGO, the second one, was at 13.

But you can’t blame me for it’s score decrease: every forum got downvoted.

Fran edited this message on 09/26/2008 5:46AM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Well, no need to worry about it now.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

*feels the pain*

I wish somewhere on the site would save what we submitted, so we might be able to try an idea again, likely modified with age (and, bumumably, experience), when the climate’s changed. This megative-5-and-it’s-out thing that I’m bumuming is how it works buggers me, too. Not saying that all my ideas were golden ****, but c’mon, at least one of them was doing fine until it got blasted away.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!