Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ [CLOSED] Episode 2 Release Date Announced! PreOrders now available!

Barstool

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

#1 SHARK!

I feel like a snippet of episode 2 should be playable for free once it comes out, just to give people a taste. As it is now, I’m not giving you guys any of my cash just to breathe life back into your horribly stagnant game Log in to see images!

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Barstool Posted:

I feel like a snippet of episode 2 should be playable for free once it comes out, just to give people a taste. As it is now, I’m not giving you guys any of my cash just to breathe life back into your horribly stagnant game Log in to see images!

They did that.. it’s called episode 1.. it only gets better from there.

Barstool

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

#1 SHARK!

Episode 1 was cool up until the point when nothing happened for months and I lost nearly all interest in the game.

Also, that part in Episode 1 where it was a huge grind with ****ty gameplay and was only worth playing for the writing.

Ribbit

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

So Episode 2 will be (only) pay to play?

fat

Avatar: 49759 Sun Oct 26 03:31:30 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

HI I is bum Ketchup an.. O SHI- I think my fatrolls killed teh pokeymans under me...

Ribbit Posted:

So Episode 2 will be (only) pay to play?

No, you get the first hour or so free, check the blog for more details.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Barstool Posted:

Episode 1 was cool up until the point when nothing happened for months and I lost nearly all interest in the game.

Also, that part in Episode 1 where it was a huge grind with ****ty gameplay and was only worth playing for the writing.

Hey, we’re trying. I think you’ll find that everything has improved over time (and will continue to do so.)

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Ash Ketchum Posted:

No, you get the first hour or so free, check the blog for more details.

Where is this blog?

oh wait, i suck male reproductive organs

Inertia edited this message on 09/26/2008 10:09AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Inertia Posted:

What’s the point of pre-ordering? Not like the stock will run out. Silly

Also hate the idea of paying

CZ would hate hosting expensive servers all by themselves to make the game to smmothly for you without getting paid in return.

Seriously, it’s not like a pirate server from any MMO with incomplete features that crashes every 5 minutes. These things cost money, mate.

You waste more by going 1 time at Burger King, or watching one movie. It’s a 1-time fee. You’ll have fun for days after paying this next-to-nothing fee.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

Everyone knows it’s good value for money considering what you’re getting, it’s just that we’ve all been brought up on the principle of “INTERNET = FREE”, hence the outrage from newbies

tl;dr – newbies, quit whining Log in to see images!

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Fran Posted:

CZ would hate hosting expensive servers all by themselves to make the game to smmothly for you without getting paid in return.

Seriously, it’s not like a pirate server from any MMO with incomplete features that crashes every 5 minutes. These things cost money, mate.

You waste more by going 1 time at Burger King, or watching one movie. It’s a 1-time fee. You’ll have fun for days after paying this next-to-nothing fee.

Yes of course I understand. Sad truth. But I think doing that betrays the essence of this game, I thought it was “meta”, a mockery of the internet. I think you will see some elitism in the future. That’s what happen to online game communities that introduce a pay version alongside a free version. (don’t get angry i’m new here)

An MMO usually start free, then they start growing hence struggling to pay for servers and introduce a P2P version. Then with the new-found funds they start expanding the game. More and more expansions require more money. So they introduce more “member benefits” to entice more people to pay, and the free version become a sort of teaser for the pay version. In terms of Forumwarz this means that subsequent episodes (if any) will also be pay-to-play. I don’t like that, guys. Yes I understand you need money to run the server, but there must be a way around it without involving players having to pay. The game kind loses a bit of it’s meta-ness.

That said I’m actually thinking of ordering Ep. 2. But I haven’t even finished Ep 1 yet. The difficulty for me is that I have to leave my basement for the post office to pay the fee cause I’m poor and don’t have a credit card. Such a chore.

tl;dr: I won’t criticise you because I accept the reality, but I grumble to myself.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Laguna Posted:

Everyone knows it’s good value for money considering what you’re getting, it’s just that we’ve all been brought up on the principle of “INTERNET = FREE”, hence the outrage from newbies

tl;dr – newbies, quit whining Log in to see images!

It’s like when you visit a 3rd world country where you have to pay to use stinky public (squat) toilets. You know it’s probably only like 10 cents in your money but you’d be offended by the idea.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Inertia Posted:

It’s like when you visit a 3rd world country where you have to pay to use stinky public (squat) toilets. You know it’s probably only like 10 cents in your money but you’d be offended by the idea.

No, it’s like when you’ve been using stinky squat toilets for free and then you find somewhere that has clean, sit-down, flush toilets, and there’s an attendant there with a basket for tips. Really, the price is a pittance considering the vast improvement in service. You just have to get over your qualms about paying.

enire edited this message on 09/26/2008 11:56AM

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

enire Posted:

No, it’s like when you’ve been using stinky squat toilets for free and then you find somewhere that has clean, sit-down, flush toilets, and there’s an attendant there with a basket for tips. Really, the price is a pittance considering the vast improvement in service. You just have to get over your qualms about paying.

I see what you mean, but I was comparing it with the fact that I can play just about every game on the planet for free, except online ones, thanks to bittorrent

but really, I don’t want to whine about this ****. I’ll buy the ****ing thing, (though with grumbles). You guys do whatever needs to be done, I’ll swallow my feelings and shut up kthxbai

Inertia edited this message on 09/26/2008 12:03PM

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

he made a blog post about it

if you don’t want to pay you don’t get the game

simple as that

Inertia Posted:

I see what you mean, but I was comparing it with the fact that I can play just about every game on the planet for free, except online ones, thanks to bittorrent

but really, I don’t want to whine about this ****. I’ll buy the ****ing thing, (though with grumbles). You guys do whatever needs to be done, I’ll swallow my feelings and shut up kthxbai

Cool man, you’re a thief. Way to stick it to the game industry. Programmers don’t need to feed their families, right?

Axl Ryugu

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I preorder it and that’s preety much it for now.

Clackling

[PFE]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Here’s a question: Will we be given the opportunity to reroll an existing character? Or is the only possibility to play the new Hacker clbum to buy an alt?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Clackling Posted:

Here’s a question: Will we be given the opportunity to reroll an existing character? Or is the only possibility to play the new Hacker clbum to buy an alt?

Everyone will be getting a free re-roll of their existing character stats. Unfortuantely it’s really hard for us to change a player’s clbum into another one, so you will have to buy a new character to try out the hacker, sorry.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Inertia Posted:

I think you will see some elitism in the future.

Nah, never happen.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

I should’ve preordered earlier, the currency exchange rate have gone down. Gee thanks US Senate.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!