Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I didn’t think a character who only ever dealt with the dead wouldn’t have to worry about healing anyone. Or rather, wouldn’t care to heal anyone.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Ah, yes, but you would know anatomy, would you not?

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

genericangstyposter Posted:

Hm. I’m quite surprised our necromancer doesn’t have that, now that I think about it. Ah, well. Talking in italics is fun, and makes me feel important!

Well, if all you’re interested in is making them dance, little puppets, dance!, you probably wouldn’t really care about minor things like how long they’ve been dead or how to keep a man from dying, for that matter.

In other news, is anyone going to fiddle with the diseased bloodied pouch?

eponymous_ennui edited this message on 11/18/2007 2:14AM

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“The head to that axe might be around here somewhere.” says Zak, who begins searching around the corpse.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Hm. I’m quite surprised our necromancer doesn’t have that, now that I think about it. Ah, well. Talking in italics is fun, and makes me feel important!

Well, if all you’re interested in is making them dance, little puppets, dance!, you probably wouldn’t really care about minor things like how long they’ve been dead or how to keep a man from dying, for that matter.

In other news, is anyone going to fiddle with the diseased bloodied pouch?

Good point, good point. Anyway, it’s none of my business how anybody else handles their character, as long as they’re not boring (hint: none of you are boring). My apologies.

Also, there is no way in Hell Jason is opening the pouch.

genericangstyposter edited this message on 11/18/2007 2:17AM

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Yes I suppose it might still be in the hay somewhere” he says without making any effort to actually search the hay.

It’s almost 1:30am here so I’ll probably be heading to sleep in a few. I’ll let you know before I go.

Night Gaunt edited this message on 11/18/2007 2:21AM

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

”The head to that axe might be around here somewhere.” says Zak, who begins searching around the corpse.

The ****-soaked pile of straw- where you, regretfully, did your “business” in for the past few days- makes you almost retch as you flip through it, but besides from what appears to be a pair of worn-out boots, you don’t find anything else in the cesspit.

Wait, a pair of boots? You examine them further. They look old and tough, with a strong pair of laces that are still intact. They look vaguely dwarvish in make as far as you can make out: the thick soles and sensible tanning of the leather characteristic of dwarvish fashion are there, but the laces seem to be finer and stringier than traditional dwarf cord.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Do I see him find the shoes, and the lace?

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Do I see him find the shoes, and the lace?

Mm-hmm. It’s quite hard to hide a pair of boots from someone in the same cell. Besides, I don’t think he’s really making any real attempt at hiding the latest discovery from anyone.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Could you be so kind as to lend me those laces? I want to see exactly how sturdy it is.”

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“So, how’s the rummaging in **** soaked hay going for you?”

And with that “witty” line I’m off to sleep. Good night.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Sure.” says Zak as he pbumes the boots to Jason.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

He checks the laces to see exactly how hard the ends are. It would be difficult, but depending how large the lock was, he thinks it would be possible to spring them.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

He checks the laces to see exactly how hard the ends are. It would be difficult, but depending how large the lock was, he thinks it would be possible to spring them.

The ends are extremely sturdy for some strange reason. You suspect that you might just be able to pick the lock, given time (taking 20), but it’ll take a while and, if any of the guards should catch you doing so, well, the consequences would be left to your imagination.

Zak: The laces have been treated with a powerful reagent that you think you can almost recognise, given some time and experimentation. They are tough, certainly, and could probably be used as a garrotte in the right hands.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Guys, be on the lookout. Shout if you hear or see any guards, I’m going to be distracted.” Oh, boy, effectively relying on other people’s wisdom. I guess that’s why his wisdom is so… uh… low.

[b]He takes twenty, and picks the lock with the shoelaces.[b]

Also, I’m going to sleep, too. It’s almost three here. I’ll post sometime tomorrow I’m sure. I’m having a lot of fun, already.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Got it.” says Zak, who kneels by the bars and listens for the guards.

(weird, I could have sworn I put some points into Listen. Maybe that was my other character)

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

He takes twenty, and picks the lock with the shoelaces.

You feel a little silly, picking a lock with a shoelace. Of all the things to use… Regardless, whatever it is that gets you out of this little **** hole (no pun intended). The lock isn’t the most complex you’ve encountered, just a simple #3 pin-and-tumbler combination lock, but it hasn’t been greased for some time and, by Hextor’s black heart, you’re using a shoelace for crying out loud.

Your hands tremble a little when you hear the stomping of boots above you, but you blink the sweat out of your eyes and concentrate. Just a little more now… The last pin refuses to shear, and you curse inwardly. Damnit, come on, don’t fail me now…

Click.

The lock opens.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Okay, it’s probably going to be only one guard coming, if there is one. Listen for one. If it does, I think that we should jump him. Do you have any silencing spells prepared, wizard? If so, it will be easy. He won’t cry for help, we’ll knock him down. He won’t expect it. Even just a spell could probably take him down, if it’s quiet enough. But where are my manners? There are several people in this cell. Does anybody else have any ideas as to how we should exit?”

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Hmm, I could cast…no, wait, that’d just make him run back screaming. Um, I could turn one of us invisible, I didn’t prepare the spell today but I have a scroll and – oh yeah, the guards took all my scrolls.” Adin thinks a bit then says, “About the only useful spell I had prepared was one to make someone temporarily stronger. I guess if one of you is stronger then we might have an easier time killing or at least knocking the guard out.”

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak gets up and points to himself. “I would think that the answer here is obvious.”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!