Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Log in or Learn about Forumwarz

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

Sabre_Justice

Avatar: Turtle Head

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Retcon noted. Darned if I’m editing every bloody post though.

eponymous_en-
nui

Avatar: Piercing Jewelry

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

Retcon noted. Darned if I’m editing every bloody post though.

It’s not so much a retcon as it is a reminder that you guys don’t know Voaer’s real name. Just pretend. Log in to see images!

genericangst-
yposter

Avatar: Toy Mouth

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jason decides that he’s going to scout around a little bit. He spins around, and points towards a pbumage randomly Roll a d6, divide by three… 1 is the first, 2 is the second, 3 is the third. He’s going to scout out that pbumage for about two minutes, and then return. Move silently, 10.

eponymous_en-
nui

Avatar: Piercing Jewelry

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

genericangstyposter Posted:

Jason decides that he’s going to scout around a little bit. He spins around, and points towards a pbumage randomly Roll a d6, divide by three… 1 is the first, 2 is the second, 3 is the third. He’s going to scout out that pbumage for about two minutes, and then return. Move silently, 10.

Instinctively you look up as you hear the clank of steel on steel echo in the spiral air well. Oh, by Hextor’s fist… your two companions have apparently taken it into their heads to join you on the bottom. You would make as if to shush him, but you stop yourself as the futility of the action makes itself apparent to you. You peer down the pbumages, but no army has appeared to snuff out the life of you three unfortunates: yet.

The fates point to the one smelling of **** and crap; you could take that, given your party’s affinity with bodily excretion so far, or you could take the necromancer’s suggestion.

genericangst-
yposter

Avatar: Toy Mouth

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jason decides it best for him to trail his companions. He has no special allegiance towards them, and they must know that he is invisible. Let it be they who are protected by the fates and traps as he sneaks behind them, attempting not to be heard. As soon as he is visible, of course, he will get in front and do his “job” as a rogue.

Sabre_Justice

Avatar: Turtle Head

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Sorry Timothy, did I mess up your plans?” says Zak. “We’d better choose a path quickly… I say we try the right pbumage first. If anything it’ll be a slightly more pleasant place to hide.”

kinky_gerl87

Avatar: Corset 2

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

”Sorry Timothy, did I mess up your plans?” says Zak. “We’d better choose a path quickly… I say we try the right pbumage first. If anything it’ll be a slightly more pleasant place to hide.”

You feel a little foolish talking into thin air.

Sabre_Justice

Avatar: Turtle Head

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

He’s talking to Adin too.

Night Gaunt

Avatar: Crying Painting

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Sounds good. I’d don’t much care for the other two paths at least. So, who wants to lead the way?” he says in a way which means he won’t be leading the way.

Sabre_Justice

Avatar: Turtle Head

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak sighs. “Well, Timothy’s still invisible so I guess it’s up to me. By the way Tim, right now you’d make a perfect scout.” He walks towards the arched pbumage.

genericangst-
yposter

Avatar: Toy Mouth

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jason decides not to scout ahead, despite the warrior’s suggestion. He’s going to follow closely behind, though, so that when he does appear, he will have one of his many excuses generated.

eponymous_en-
nui

Avatar: Piercing Jewelry

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

Zak sighs. “Well, Timothy’s still invisible so I guess it’s up to me. By the way Tim, right now you’d make a perfect scout.” He walks towards the arched pbumage.


As you approach the archway, you look up and see a figure etched, in intaglio, onto the keystone. It is a portrait of a man, presumbly royalty from the crown he wears on his head. While you cannot be sure from a portrait alone, the heavy beard and powerful square jaw reminds you of a dwarf. Zak: You do not recognise the crown design. In itself, that isn’t too surprising, since your expertise lies mostly in human history, but it is strange still, considering how you have made a cursory study of dwarven heraldry too. If it is an actual historically accurate crown, it must be one that is either extremely old or extremely recent.

You cough softly as you step through the arched pbumageway; your steps have stirred up some dust across the threshold. Obviously the kobolds have not crossed this way for some time, if ever. The air is cool and dark in the little vault. The kobolds have not lit this way, that much is obvious. You hesitate, unsure if you should continue into the darkness like this. Who knows what may be waiting for you in there?

Night Gaunt

Avatar: Crying Painting

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“I have some candles we can use to light the way.” Adin offers.

I only have one darkvision spell prepared. Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

Avatar: Turtle Head

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

”...thanks, but I have a better idea.” says Zak, who pulls a bullseye lantern from his pack and uses his flint and steel to light it. It produces a very bright light onto the immediate walls of the tunnel before Zak shutters it (in case of spillage as he handles it) and attaches the modified base of the lantern to a specially made brace clipped onto the right shoulder of his armour. This small but handy gadget allows him to use both his hands while benefiting from the light of the lantern.

“Nice, isn’t it? An old friend made it for me.” says Zak as he opens the shutter, revealing whatever is beyond the darkness.

kinky_gerl87

Avatar: Corset 2

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

The iron striker hits the flint with its distinctive sharp clack, echoing throughout the chamber. You hesitate for a moment, wondering if it was a bad idea after all: all things considered, when one is at the bottom of a pit with a chamber full of kobolds just a room away…

Your introspection is answered by the puzzled grunts of a couple of kobolds coming down from the middle pbumageway. A few muffled footsteps, and then, a small green head pokes out of the doorway.

 

Combat! Party member with the highest initiative goes first, followed by the next and so on. You guys got a surprise round; if you don’t get all the guards (gods alone know how many of them decided to come investigate) in this round, you’re very likely to raise an alarm.

 

EDIT: I’m an idiot. It’s kobolds.

kinky_gerl87 edited this message on 12/06/2007 6:11AM

genericangst-
yposter

Avatar: Toy Mouth

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Roll initiative. (12)

Sabre_Justice

Avatar: Turtle Head

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Eep! Combat! Don’t panic, don’t panic…

Roll Initiative (16)

Thank the gods for Improved Initiative…

eponymous_en-
nui

Avatar: Piercing Jewelry

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Oh nuts, sorry guys I didn’t make it clear. We won’t be “rolling” initiative par se: we’ll take the initiative order as your base inits. That means Zak goes first without a doubt. Jason and Adin can either act concurrently, or either one can let the other go first.

So post up your combat actions. Zak, you’re up.

Sabre_Justice

Avatar: Turtle Head

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Um… can you draw up a grid or something so we know exactly what’s going on?

But anyway, presumably the goblins (goblins? I thought this was a kobold cave?) are close enough for Zak to drop the lantern in a way that doesn’t threaten to set the entire place on fire (if he hasn’t already done so), draw the Black Kestrel and step towards them with the intention to split skulls, and if possible begin to perform said skull-splitting, using Power Attack since the goblin probably isn’t that well armoured.

You said before Power Attack works differently in 3rd ed. May I ask how?

kinky_gerl87

Avatar: Corset 2

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

As for reach and everything, it’s a small pit. I’ll bumume that you can move in and stick ‘em in the same round (subject to Attacks of Opportunity if applicable) because I’m not fond of forum-based tactical combat.

Power Attack works like this: -x to attack roll, +x to damage, where x cannot be more than your base attack bonus.

If you drop the lantern, there’s a small chance that the glbum might crack. The tinder hasn’t caught, though, so you wouldn’t have to worry about waddling in a river of flame. You may still do so, though, and then move to gut the kobold. Putting it down nicely, however, would constitute one move-equivalent action, and drawing your halberd afterwards would take up your standard action. Your choice.

 

kinky_gerl87 edited this message on 12/06/2007 6:16AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!