Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Riddle Me This

Harix

[Totally Cool Guys -
from UGOP
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Fewest: Sundial
Most: Hourglbum?

That is, if this isn’t some kind of word game riddle, which I usually end up missing entirely…

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

No, that’s right! You can give the next one, I think that’s how it works. bumholes with liberal arts backgrounds like to say ‘the universe’ or ‘creation’ or some such ****, but that’s an infinite recursion, and totally invalid.

Harix

[Totally Cool Guys -
from UGOP
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Nah, I can’t think of any riddles that haven’t been done to death. Whoever wants to go, feel free…

Harix edited this message on 03/07/2008 12:43PM

Stonebender

[Orange Circle Tribe]

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Under what cirgreat timesstance could the time be the same in a state bordering the Atlantic Ocean, and a state bordering the Pacific Ocean?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

The distance from the sun is less than 1 AU.

xXxsavedRxXx

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

This one stumped me for literally like 3 years, before I finally found the answer online. Got it from the House of Leaves forums, but it’s older than that:

A man is walking in the city around lunchtime. He sees a restaurant with a board outside advertising the special of the day, shark fin soup.

He walks in and is seated. When his waiter comes by, he tells him, “I’ll have the special.” The waiter brings the soup. The man takes a bite, then freezes, a horrified look on his face. He bolts from the restaurant, pulls out a gun and shoots himself in the middle of the street. Why?

Hint: He still wore his wedding ring.

xXxsavedRxXx

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Mortanius Posted:

You probably know this one:
I am the beginning of eternity and end of space. I am the start of every ending and end of every place. What am I?

The letter e!

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

xXxsavedRxXx Posted:

This one stumped me for literally like 3 years, before I finally found the answer online. Got it from the House of Leaves forums, but it’s older than that:

A man is walking in the city around lunchtime. He sees a restaurant with a board outside advertising the special of the day, shark fin soup.

He walks in and is seated. When his waiter comes by, he tells him, “I’ll have the special.” The waiter brings the soup. The man takes a bite, then freezes, a horrified look on his face. He bolts from the restaurant, pulls out a gun and shoots himself in the middle of the street. Why?

Hint: He still wore his wedding ring.

i am just gonna guess

he bit in and felt a ring under his teeth, his wife must have been eaten by a shark, so he realized that the shark used to make this soup must have eaten his wife, and therefor he in turn was eating his wife

xXxsavedRxXx

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Absolutely correct, Velveteen! Kinda. It definitely answers the riddle, anyway, so 100%.

The solution I heard was that the man, his wife and a stranger were on a cruise when the ship ran aground and capsized. The three managed to swim alone to a deserted island, where they waited to be rescued.

There was no food. After a week, the man’s wife died. They buried her on the island. The next day the man slept in, and awoke to see the stranger cooking meat over a fire. “Where did you get that?” he asked. “I caught a shark! It was sickly, I was able to wrestle it to land with my bare hands and it suffocated. I cut the best pieces off and threw the rest away.”

The two men began to eat, and it was good. “I didn’t know shark meat would be red,” the man said, thoughtfully. “I thought they were fish, and had white flesh.”

“Oh, no,” said the stranger, “they don’t have scales like fish, I don’t think they really are fish. Plus they’re huge. I think anything that big and strong has to be warm blooded, so, red meat.”

After another week, a rescue helicopter saw the men on the island and rescued them. A year or so later, the man was walking down the street, and, seeing the advertised special, just had to go in and get another taste of delicious shark. Needless to say, he put it all together when the soup came, with chunks of normal, white-pink shark meat with rubbery consistency, not at all like what he’d had on the island. He could only conclude that he had inadvertently cooked and eaten his wife’s body, and couldn’t live with himself afterwards.

xXxsavedRxXx

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I can’t pbum this up, even though anyone who’s read Tolkien knows the answer.

This thing all things devours,

Birds, bees, trees, flowers,

Slays king, ruins town,

And beats high mountain down!

What is it?

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

first off, you’re missing the bit about grinding iron or somesuch, second, the answer is time, third that shark fin response seems more like a lateral thinking exercise than a riddle.

OK:

The closer I get the less you see.

What am I?

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

yeah, that is way to intricate an answer to be a good riddle, i mean you have to invent a story just to explain it.

oh and i am just gonna guess death
Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 03/13/2008 12:46PM

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

comment redacted
aSh-gangSTA-685 edited this message on 12/05/2010 3:37PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

a coffin

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

AnswerA tombstone?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

handofg0d Posted:

The closer I get the less you see – darkness

The person who made it did not want it, the person who bought it did not need it, the person who used it never saw it. What was it?

This seems familiar.
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!