Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics The "Very Considerate" Crotch Zombie

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

CZ, we thank you for your considerate vision regarding the payments for the upcoming Episode 2 in the blog. We also appreciate your effort to help those not in the possession of a credit card to still be able to pay for Episode 2 through the Wiki.

It’s not that we actually thought that this site is unworthy enough to be paid for, but there’s just a lot of hole in this matter. For example, those who resides in a country using another currency besides US Dollar would have more trouble than those in the United States itself.

And now I’ll talk as an individual.

I would love to just make a new foreign currency bank account for myself exclusively to pay for Episode 2; that’s not a big problem. But I want to know if my effort worths it. I read the blog before, so I will ask for a more specific information: Tell me ALL new content we will get IF we paid and WHAT will we just get for free. For example: The Level cap?

Now, now, just spill the details. No need to be afraid to spoil them Log in to see images! Travalgar edited this message on 09/07/2008 1:51AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

amaranthus

[The Gentlemans Club]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Travalgar: You might want to take a look at this thread; it seems you may have missed it

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/12538

Here’s an excerpt from the OP as edited by MC Banhammer

MCBanhammer Posted:

Episode 2 has:

– 20+ new forums

– Tons of new characters to interact with

– New items

– Totally new ways to play

– Much longer than episode one

– All characters attached to your account will gain entry

– This is a one time fee, not monthly or anything like that.

NOTE: The new level cap (and therefore character abilities) are free, hacker clbum is free (bumuming you have an account to play him on), job board is free, a new + big unannounced gameplay feature is free.

Also, the beginning hour (or more) of Episode 2 is free.

What you get for your 10 bucks: new stores, new forums, new characters and storyline.

The new stores are the biggest hurdle for a non-paying account to remain competitive with a paying one, since the paying one will have access to newer equipment.

Travalgar

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

The informations provided was too vague for me. Can you visit the new forums without paying? I bumume you can’t, since you don’t get the new story mode, right? And by not playing the story, that means there is no way to gain access to those in-game forums, is that correct? And you said that those who don’t pay will not get access to the new shops, and therefore shall not even touch the new equipments, right? What about other items? And what do you mean by “interacting with more characters?” Do you mean NPCs like haxlrose or something like that?

Just sum me up the details of every thing we don’t get without paying.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Travalgar Posted:

The informations provided was too vague for me. Can you visit the new forums without paying? I bumume you can’t, since you don’t get the new story mode, right? And by not playing the story, that means there is no way to gain access to those in-game forums, is that correct? And you said that those who don’t pay will not get access to the new shops, and therefore shall not even touch the new equipments, right? What about other items? And what do you mean by “interacting with more characters?” Do you mean NPCs like haxlrose or something like that?

Just sum me up the details of every thing we don’t get without paying.

Everything related with EP2 story mode (thus new Crotch-Zombie made forums, new stores, new characters). Everything you had from EP1 will stay free, so you won’t lose contact with haxlrose.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

It’s $10 dollars….if you can’t come up with that you suck at the internet.

Not trolling just being honest ask mommy for her CC or go to Wal-Mart or CVS to get a VISA gift card.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

will we get episode 3 for free as well

just kidding

(it’ll never come out)

Travalgar

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

CreepPipe Posted:

It’s $10 dollars….if you can’t come up with that you suck at the internet.

Not trolling just being honest ask mommy for her CC or go to Wal-Mart or CVS to get a VISA gift card.

This is a non-RP thread, so if you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything at all.

Oh, and catch a ****ing ban for insults while you’re at it.

And like I said before, this “dollar” thing is a bit of a drawback for those living outside the United States, like me. And, no, there’s no such thing as a Wal-Marts or CVSes or even a VISA gift card in Indonesia. And admit it, there are less and less people holding foreign currency credit cards nowadays in Asia.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Travalgar Posted:

And like I said before, this “dollar” thing is a bit of a drawback for those living outside the United States, like me. And, no, there’s no such thing as a Wal-Marts or CVSes or even a VISA gift card in Indonesia. And admit it, there are less and less people holding foreign currency credit cards nowadays in Asia.

I live in Brazil and I pay my BPs via PayPal Log in to see images! it’s not really a drawback.

And the coin on Brazil is named real, as you can read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_real

1 Dollar = 1.7 Reais, on average.

Fran edited this message on 09/07/2008 2:34AM

Travalgar

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Fran Posted:

I live in Brazil and I pay my BPs via PayPal Log in to see images! it’s not really a drawback.

And the coin on Brazil is named real, as you can read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_real

1 Dollar = 1.7 Reais, on average.

Do you buy your BPs using reals? Or do you exchange it to dollars before you use it?

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Veer Posted:

will we get episode 3 for free as well

just kidding

(it’ll never come out)

My awesome inside sources have revealed to me that a certificate to get into the Episode 3 Forumwarz beta will be offered as a bonus to all who buy the Collectors Edition of Duke Nukem Forever.

I’m thinking of starting a trust fund so that one day my grandkids will be able to buy it.

Orb edited this message on 09/07/2008 2:46AM

amaranthus

[The Gentlemans Club]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Travalgar Posted:

visit the new forums without paying?

MCBanhammer Posted:

What you get for your 10 bucks: ... new forums …

travalgar Posted:

And you said that those who don’t pay will not get access to the new shops, and therefore shall not even touch the new equipments, right?

Unless they show up in the Ppwn Shoppe, I guess.

Travalgar Posted:

And what do you mean by “interacting with more characters?” Do you mean NPCs like haxlrose or something like that?

Something like that, but new ones, i.e. characters that are introduced as part of the new storyline or new shops/services (Haxl, Bruce Bear, etc. will still be available to you, as per Fran’s post).

What I gather from the various posts that are around is that if you don’t pay, you can upgrade any re-re characters you have to Hackers or Permanoobs and get the bumociated abilities. You might get access to a few new items via the Ppwn Shoppe and your daily deliveries. You’ll be able to keep playing the original forums plus the community forums and get your characters up to Level 20. Also, since the first hour of Episode 2 is free, you’ll probably get access to a few new forums and possibly a new character or two. You’ll also be able to keep playing INCIT, Forumbuildr, Flamebate, and Domination.

What you will miss out on… well, as per McB’s post, this would be the new stores, new text adventure, most of the new storyline and the plot & characters that go with it (except for what you get to see in the first hour).

If you’re unsure about investing the $10, why don’t you try the first free hour and see how addicted you get? You’ll also be able to read reviews and stuff, so you’ll get an idea of whether it will be to your liking.

amaranthus edited this message on 09/07/2008 3:06AM

Travalgar

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

amaranthus Posted:

If you’re unsure about investing the $10, why don’t you try the first free hour and see how addicted you get? You’ll also be able to read reviews and stuff, so you’ll get an idea of whether it will be to your liking.

Given that I’m online at that hour, that is. Otherwise I’d pbumed it.

PurtynPouty

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Paypal automatically exchanges between currencies, at least major ones, so you can pay in whatever and it will come out at whatever the end recipient wants (in this case, USD.)

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

PurtynPouty Posted:

Paypal automatically exchanges between currencies, at least major ones, so you can pay in whatever and it will come out at whatever the end recipient wants (in this case, USD.)

Exactly.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Travalgar Posted:

Given that I’m online at that hour, that is. Otherwise I’d pbumed it.

Um… You’re thinking that it’s a specific hour of free? People here are ‘holes, but that’s downright evil (and their Code of Ethics states not to be evil, making this untrue). It’ll be an hour after you start playing it (though I’m foggy/didn’t read enough to know if it’s a specified hour or an hour’s worth of content, similar to VG demos).

Also: Has it been confirmed that new equips might show up in the Ppwn Shop, as suggested earlier? If not, that should totally be implemented, since it sounds like a good baance between having access and lurking for leftovers. Log in to see images!

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

TJF588 Posted:

Also: Has it been confirmed that new equips might show up in the Ppwn Shop, as suggested earlier? If not, that should totally be implemented, since it sounds like a good baance between having access and lurking for leftovers. Log in to see images!

Probably it will, but it might be flagged as rare as an incentive to buy EP2.

Either way, really, there’s no reason not to buy.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!