Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 k, srsly now, minrepair*

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

Are there any plans to fix this? It’s pretty unbalancing. Only fix I see work is to do away with partial repairs completely, tbh. I’d hate to go into ep 2 with this enabled.

*to those not in the know: minrepair is when you keep your flezz low and repair your equipment for 0.5% (displaying as 1%) in stead of fully. This makes the Upkeep stat virtually useless and hugely overpowers trolls equipped with the Defaced Mona Lisa, which can be repaired for  250 using the trick.

iRAWR

Avatar: 49692 Wed Nov 05 00:16:18 -0500 2008

Level 10 Emo Kid

NEW CEO OF FORUMWARZ INC.

male reproductive organ Liquor Posted:

Are there any plans to fix this? It’s pretty unbalancing. Only fix I see work is to do away with partial repairs completely, tbh. I’d hate to go into ep 2 with this enabled.

*to those not in the know: minrepair is when you keep your flezz low and repair your equipment for 0.5% (displaying as 1%) in stead of fully. This makes the Upkeep stat virtually useless and hugely overpowers trolls equipped with the Defaced Mona Lisa, which can be repaired for  250 using the trick.

So THAT’S what minrepair is. I’ve been wondering for a while.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

It’s a hard thing. To eliminate the option to repair to less than full could create a really frustrating situation for new players, forcing them to grind for an extra day or two on weaker forums just to be able to progress in the basic game.

Min repair is really only a serious benefit to the DML. I mean, since the charisma boost, I even run with Harris Piltons on all the time. The DML is wacky with it’s power level, and the repair cost is supposed to balance that. Perhaps Episode 2 will release items of similar power for the other clbumes and the whole thing will self balance. If not, maybe a bump to needing to repair an item to at least 10% would help? Given the cost of the DML, I can’t suggest nerfing it.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

As cz said a while back, as per this discussion: enjoy your minirepairs while they last. you must have missed that thread where trout said that, its buried somewhere

=its in the works to be fixed..+obviously theyre slightly busy atm with other things, wait till ep2, wont be long now, then re-report bugs..

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 09/05/2008 8:17PM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

also by what ive heard, what use would a dml be if you couldnt minirepair? would you make any money at all? probably not

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

As cz said a while back, as per this discussion: enjoy your minirepairs while they last. you must have missed that thread where trout said that, its buried somewhere

=its in the works to be fixed..+obviously theyre slightly busy atm with other things, wait till ep2, wont be long now, then re-report bugs..

Oh believe me, I didn’t miss that: it was actually in a thread I made with Simon (then SG94) that he said it. I was just wondering if anything was going to happen as things have been silent for a while.

As for partial repairs and new players: Is it really that much of a hurdle? I raised the majority of my characters with full repairs as far as I can remember.

Use of DML: Maybe its repair cost could be lowered a bit to make it more useful with nerfed mins. But you can run a lot of forums without taking a single hit on that thing as well.

Robert James Fischer edited this message on 09/05/2008 8:26PM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

Oh believe me, I didn’t miss that: it was actually in a thread I made with Simon (then SG94) that he said it. I was just wondering if anything was going to happen as things have been silent for a while.

As for partial repairs and new players: Is it really that much of a hurdle? I raised the majority of my characters with full repairs as far as I can remember.

in the dml’s case, i wouldnt know… im saying now is a bad time to try to get trout to do **** heh

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

also by what ive heard, what use would a dml be if you couldnt minirepair? would you make any money at all? probably not

I do, just gotta moneygrind one week and then play dom the next. otherwise, yes, it’ll run you broke.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

tame Posted:

I do, just gotta moneygrind one week and then play dom the next. otherwise, yes, it’ll run you broke.

i guess the max upkeep and frugality angle wont cover it either eh

also ah ic

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 09/05/2008 8:30PM

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

I only use my DML for ridiculously difficult forums, like GFoC and Faux etc.

Other than that it’s more of a thing that I just got for the challenge of getting it.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I like the DML even without minrepair, it’s nice to save money and pown forums with it. getting lemon sherbet scoops for harder forums is nice as a troll

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Is it unfair? Yes.

Is it ironic that the person who started this thread was one of the first and most consistent people to exploit it? Yes.

Tarman edited this message on 09/05/2008 9:35PM

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Don’t u think it sucks when u save all ur flezz to get that thing and it gets broken after just a few visits and u have no **** to repair it?

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Btw the idea of having to repair broken equipments kinda sucked already. Well I think it’s okay to repair them once in a while but the fact is that they’re breaking everyday. Do u have to repair ur comp everyday? That’s insane man!

In summary: the rate of breaking needs to be adjusted. Or they should create stuff with higher quality so that they don’t break so often.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

technically they did already do something about minrepair, or rather the “rental” method that people were using to repair it. (which was the clear exploit, as it stands now people have to sacrifice gambling, and the time inbetween runs to repair the thing – a nuisance but still a dowside)

perhaps the fix should target only expensive items, such that it doesn’t hurt newbies. make it so items over a certain dollar amount have to be repaired in full, or to 50% or something.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Is this seriously a problem?

X Anchor X

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

not imo, really

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

kittiejenn Posted:

Is this seriously a problem?

All depends on how you feel about the state of the game based leaderboards. Boards are obviously out of whack already, but currently DML trolls have the ability to block them indefinitely by cred grinding Faux News. No other clbum has the option since they will run out of flezz doing it. DML Troll can profitably grind Faux News at max threads if using min repair.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

All depends on how you feel about the state of the game based leaderboards. Boards are obviously out of whack already, but currently DML trolls have the ability to block them indefinitely by cred grinding Faux News. No other clbum has the option since they will run out of flezz doing it. DML Troll can profitably grind Faux News at max threads if using min repair.

There’s nothing wrong with that.

Faux News was created for trolls after all.

If every clbum can pwn it and make the same benefit then there’s no reason for having different clbumes, right?

It’s just natural that each clbum has its own abilities and advantage over the others. For example, the flezz leaderboard is pretty much dominated by camwhores for now. Even with min repair trolls still make crappy  $ and it’s very hard to catch up with them.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

quangntenemy Posted:

Even with min repair trolls still make crappy  $ and it’s very hard to catch up with them.

I was getting 30-36 Marys for 12 visits when I was grinding Faux. After costs this is still less than a camwhore gets for grinding Praypal, but it’s hardly crappy.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!