Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ Tips for new players

Halberd

[Emo Is The Lonelie-
st Number
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Add your own if you have any.

In general: You can never have enough +100 Ego items. Ever. In fact, I try to keep at least x8 of them in inventory at any given time, 16 at most. Ego replenishing items are more important than new equipment, if the increase in the equipment isn’t that much.

At the start, increase Thrifty Shopper as much as you can while getting your attack skills. While beefing up on Defense or Offense seems good, a lot in Thrifty Shopper will allow you to buy more +100 Ego items or your clbumes ‘MP’, while getting equipment at drastically lower prices.

Upkeep is something best ignored until you are level 10 and have a few extra points to spend.

Gamblebot is not your friend. Unless you like losing Flezz, stay away.

Buy enough Ego replenishing items so that you can XSS and FBO a single forum in one go. Having to return to the same forum twice wastes turns. Wasting Flezz is better than wasting your turns.

For Trolls: Fap is typically not worth it. +3 Offense for 4 turns will just get you attacked for one turn and give you a small boost in damage for 4 turns, while taking up a small chunk of Douchebaggery. If it lasted longer, it might be, but I’ve found no good returns with it. Your results may vary.

You generally only need 2, possibly 3 +60 Douchebaggery items in case of emergency since you are unlikely to run out of it given how much you have and how little your skills drain it. What you absolutely need is as many +100 Ego items as you can carry.

For Camwhores: Get stuff with the most Charisma bonus early on and don’t sell it even if you get something better without the bonus. Equip it after you’re done Pwning for the night to get better junk delivered to you.

If it’s becoming too expensive to repair your equipment, don’t wear it into battle unless it helps -immensely-. This was supposed to be fixed in a recent update by making the equipment break less quickly, but I haven’t seen by how much.

For Emos: When it comes to level up, boost Ego over Tears every time. The more total ego you have, the longer you can survive with less ego, the harder you hit. Having 30/300 HP will help hit larget numbers than 30/100.

Life After Death is typically not worth buying. It costs 10 skill points, 10 tears to use and only restores 20-28 Ego if you hit 0 Ego, with a further delay of 9 turns. If I could unbuy this I could, I can’t think of any times this has kept me from failing to Pwn a forum when I had a Ego+ replenishing item on hand. It’s mostly useful for when you have 100 Ego, want to waste a turn to use it so you can hit slightly harder at very little Ego rather than healing yourself, for just one turn. This skill will empty out your tears -very- quickly.

For ReRe’s over level 2: God have mercy on you all.

Halberd edited this message on 11/15/2007 1:57AM

NerftheSmurf

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Emo player here:

Yeah life after death sucks hard. I bought it thinking you could stay alive as long as you had tears and I bought it and tear boosters, which made that whole level hard and expensive.

Also, when going with this ego over tears strategy, see if you can’t wait a level while buying a new attack ability, so you have the tears to support it. Of course, you usually want to buy the first emo attack, as the re-re one suck bum.

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

For trolls:

Don’t bother getting your ego highing than 120/130, you can only heal 100 in a go anyway.

Don’t bother with your obsolete computer beyond level 1, it’s a piece of ****.

The heterozygous tiger is awesome, later on, the seal skin overcoat is better.

Azrael

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

InsertCoins Posted:

For trolls:

Don’t bother getting your ego highing than 120/130, you can only heal 100 in a go anyway.

Don’t bother with your obsolete computer beyond level 1, it’s a piece of ****.

The heterozygous tiger is awesome, later on, the seal skin overcoat is better.

Okay, well, damnit, I have like 365 Ego and I still have an obsolete computer. I’m like halfway to level 10. How do you get a better one?

Yes, the tiger is awesome.

edit: Okay, so I just bought the seal skin coat. It better be good.

Azrael edited this message on 11/15/2007 3:44AM

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Azrael Posted:

Okay, well, damnit, I have like 365 Ego and I still have an obsolete computer. I’m like halfway to level 10. How do you get a better one?

Yes, the tiger is awesome.

This is just my opinion of course.

The pwn shop sometimes sells a better computer (iPrune) for around 5000F. However I still fact that, with repair costs factored in, packing an extra healing item or two is superior. Once your initial ego is knocked off you’re not getting those 365 (or 360 without an obsolete computer) in any less than 3 or 4 turns.

Prosthetic_m-
ind

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Personally, I used fap all the time. If it takes you 3 attacks to kill a thread, and you can do it in 2 with fap, that means you take out 2 threads in 5 turns instead of 6. If you find yourself always missing pwning a thread by a few damage, fap will make things go faster. It seemed to tack on about 10-20 damage to attacks, which can make the difference between pwning and not pwning a thread. Over 3 turns, that makes it an additional 30-60 damage, which is a pretty nice attack on it’s own. Personally, I went through the game always using fap, and it seemed to make things easier than not using it.

And of course, don’t waste your money on the better computers. I did, and it pushed back how soon I could beat the game by a day or two due to lack of flezz. Even then, the cost of repairing them is higher than you would pay for healing items in most cases.

As for the ego boosts- it depends. The higher your max ego, the easier it is to grind without having to waste flezz on healing items. Right now I have 280 ego, and I can pwn pretty much all the forums aside from the final one without using healing items.

Prosthetic_mind edited this message on 11/15/2007 10:25AM

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

And that saves you money.

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

i never even saw a better computer offered

Chilean Sea -
Bastard

[Pessimists]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I never bought the better computer. It just seemed like a lot of money to blow for the benefits when something like the sealskin coat is cheaper and gives better benefits than more health. Also, it never appeared in the Ppwn shop when I had a lot of money to blow, only when I was broke.

ArgaWarga

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Personally, I think boosting your stats isn’t worth the points. I’d much rather go for Ego/AP boosts than frugality, which only knocks a few flezz off each purchase, or offense, which is crippled by diminishing returns as you get into higher level attacks (Whoo! 42 instead of 40, awesome!). The only exception I can think of is defense, which seems to be pretty effective in making attacks only do 0 for damage. To be fair, though, I’m not sure what luck actually does…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!