Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Forum visits

Kitsune

[Suicide Pact]

Level 10 Emo Kid

just a fox trapped in a boi's body

I know this constitutes as ****ING, but I do it anyway: I personally think 4 forum visits is too little. We sould at least have 6 visits, or an option that allows us (as players) to buy forum visits with our flezz. What does everyone else think?

7u880y

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I think there are two ways that buying turns could be implemented. One way that would allow everyone to buy extra turns on equal footing is to have the cost of buying additional turns scaled based on character level, or limited to a few extra turns only. I think this is a bad choice because, if buying an additional turn or two extra is relatively cheap, pretty much everyone would do it and in that case you might as well just give everyone more turns. I think it would be cooler if buying a turn was super expensive, and possibly something you did in order to gain an edge on the leaderboards so you could grab a cred / most forums pwnd ePeen award, or something.

About having more than 4 forum visits per go, I dunno. It seemed like to me that the 4 forum visits per turn pretty much introduced you to at least a couple of new things in each setting, whether it’s a new forum, mission or a level up with new abilities. If a higher amount of forum vists would translate into more grinding inbetween new stuff being introduced I’d rather just stick with 4 forum visits.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

This has been the #1 complaint we’ve received, but (and nothing personal), it tends to come from newbs. Many people who have finished the game felt in the end that it was a good idea.

Our justification: We need it to test our server’s limitations; there’s not enough game content to justify more visits at this stage; we want to make you stick around, role-play, etc instead of finishing the game quickly.

That said, we may soon introduce the idea of buying a couple extra turns for either real money or in-game currency. Probably both, lest the leaderboards become totally imbalanced.

UniqueSnowfl-
ak47

[Loner]

Level 15 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

What Jalapeno Bootyhole said. It’s annoying when you are lower level because it takes like fifteen minutes to run through your forum visits, but when you get on to some of the later forums it starts taking a lot longer. Hell, at the forum I’ve been grinding on right now, I can kills threads one or two attacks and running through it four times still takes me a good twenty minutes. This is doing nothing but attacking, no healing, no support skills.

UniqueSnowflak47 edited this message on 11/14/2007 10:01PM

Seerow

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

My suggestion, crossposted from elsewhere:

Since the forum limit seems to be mostly a problem for new players, as their forum visits go much faster… why not have a bandwidth stat, dependant on your computer and software(once that feature is implemented)

Then you use the bandwidth for each forum visit. Larger forums take more bandwidth to visit. So in the very beginning you can blow through the first few forums and still be able to do a bit more than just four forum visits, but later the bandwidth required by the forums goes up, and reduces your overall visits in one day (but since the one visit is likely taking longer, you get about the same amount of time enjoying the game)

This also makes going back to older forums to deploy FBO/XSS not seem like such a waste. Because as it is currently, as tempting as the extra flezz is… you’d get more pwning a higher level forum and waiting a day. Total waste.

Kitsune

[Suicide Pact]

Level 10 Emo Kid

just a fox trapped in a boi's body

Okay, then a suggestion:

I agree (for the most part) on 4 is enough – I didn’t stop to think that later fourms got more difficult. Log in to see images! Kitsune edited this message on 11/15/2007 4:25PM

Seerow

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

My suggestion actually covers all of that.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Kitsune Posted:

Okay, then a suggestion:

I agree (for the most part) on 4 is enough – I didn’t stop to think that later fourms got more difficult. Log in to see images!

You’ll soon find out why pwning old forums have quite a bit of value…I don’t want to spoil the game for you, but some shady gentlemen will soon make it fairly worth your while.

That’s not a bad idea regarding: bandwidth and how powerful the forum itself is. It would be tricky to work out the algorithms to make sure it seems fair…still, newbs can get very far ahead in just a couple days, partially because there are some bonus non-forum quests involved.

We’ll spend some time looking at how long people spend in forums throughout the lifespan of the game, and see where we can even it out. We want people to stay wanting moar, but we don’t want it to be over too soon.

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

I’m getting used to having 4 forum visits a day- it doesn’t seem so bad at higher levels. What does annoy me is having no idea of what I’m in for when I first visit a forum, so I potentially waste a visit as well as resources.

For instance, one forum I visited today had low offense, but the threads had a LOT of pwnage power. If I’d had some idea of that, I would have bought more tear-restoring items, as it was I barely made it through with manic helmet-bashing towards the end.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!