Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ugly Permanoob challenge

Re-Re-Paul

[drip drool]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

****esAint**** Posted:

Re-Re-Paul Posted:

I beat fitness fabulous personry, but I can’t seem to get Bruce Bear to give me the damn KKK mission.

Strange since I got the Bruce bear mission before even finishing fitness fabulous personry. Care to explain how you’re doing it since I can hardly even turn a profit on regular grinding ?

I’m not making much of a profit, but what I do for now is put points only in ego and offense, priority in that order, and only buying +50 ego boosters. I’ll probably up this to +100 ego boosters for the KKK mission, but what you’re basically doing is slamming the forums as quickly as possible while using the least amount of items possible to give you more turns, profitability be damned. If you ever see anything in the ppwnshop that increases offense that you can use, grab onto it like a wild dog, as it can easily double your damage output. Any spare points you have put into frugality, but this is a distant 3rd on your priority list.

Make sure to get the roids from THE_**** and the program from Doctor_O (gotten from being extra nice to him) to give you some stat-buffs, and pray for strings of 0 damage attacks.

EDIT: Defense is worthless, changed that bit. Also, let your HP get as close to zero as you think the forum you’re on will let you. The more turns you get in before using an item the less items you’ll end up using.

EDIT2: Also, jump into a forum without using any items the first time to see how far you get. Use this info as a baseline on how many ego-pills you’ll need to go further.

—-

Wow, I’m acctually having more trouble with my Troll then my Re-Re, I can’t even pwn Fitness fabulous personry with the damn guy. My Emo, Re-Re, and Camwhore all had no problems though.

Re-Re-Paul edited this message on 11/20/2007 10:46PM

Megaflare

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

If you grind on the ricer forum and have put points into ego and offense, you can finish most (or all) of it without using items and this is decent cred/flezz. I usually leave before using items and save them all for the next mission forum.

Ed: Thought I was on Re-re, guess not! But whatever.

Megaflare edited this message on 11/21/2007 12:07PM

ThisIsBullsh-
it

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

I am the above.

Anyway, just beat/deployed on fitness fabulous personry with 3 XRXRs, then beat/deployed KKK with 9XRXRs. Godspeed gentlemen.

Edit: Tomorrow I’ll get Bad Poetry, wooo.

ThisIsBullshit edited this message on 11/22/2007 11:28AM

ThisIsBullsh-
it

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

This is it. I’ve unlocked the power plant. I have 39 XRXRs… I don’t think that is enough. I guess I’ll grind out to level 9 first… man, so close.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Jesus Christ that’s impressive.

Re-Reality

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

I’ll get level 10 tomorrow, but you have way more money than me so you’ll probably take down the power plant before me.

ThisIsBullsh-
it

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

I win.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Oh wow, congratulations. I’m pushing a huge update tonight. I will do my best to get you a special E-Peen for this, if not it won’t be long Log in to see images!

edit: won’t be tonight, sorry, hopefully tomorrow or the day after! rest bumured your efforts were not in vain!

Evil Trout edited this message on 11/28/2007 9:41PM

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

ThisIsBull**** Posted:

I win.

Damn, good job. I got completely bored of mashing my 2 attacks and stopped my attempt.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

InsertCoins Posted:

Damn, good job. I got completely bored of mashing my 2 attacks and stopped my attempt.

It is also very likely impossible now, reres got hugely cut down now. they’d need to reroll to be defense monsters and that probably wouldn’t be helpful enough.

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Cubear Posted:

It is also very likely impossible now, reres got hugely cut down now. they’d need to reroll to be defense monsters and that probably wouldn’t be helpful enough.

Yeah I suspect ThisIsBull**** might be the only person to ever complete it, unless there is another large rebalance. Maybe the ability to transfer flezz between accounts would make it possible as well, as well as better healing items (200+ ego) and new useful items for the computer/glbumes slot. So maybe not!

Re-Reality

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

Well I’m at level 10 now, but this new update has set me back quite a bit. I was on track to finish episode 1 in a few days, but now it would probably take me a few weeks. I don’t know if I’ll even bother to try.

I’m not so sure I like the new attack formula, and I’m not just saying that because I’m playing a Re-Re. It seems like now the only attacks worth using are the strongest ones whereas before even the weak attacks were useful in the later forums. For example, on my camwhore I do over 100 bonus damage when I use Bad Poetry, but if I try to use Drool or Bash I do maybe 3-5 bonus damage. This seems like much too large a disparity and it really renders early attacks obsolete.

I’m not certain, but I think the old formula computed bonus damage by adding some value based on your offense. The new one seems to multiply some value to the base damage of each attack. I think a better solution would be to combine these two ideas so that early attacks still benefit from added offense but your later, stronger attacks benefit more.

Ryouga Inver-
se

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I do not share this opinion and think that early attacks were way too useful late in the game.

Bashing your head against the keyboard should not do only slightly less damage than a well-crafted (ha) insult or yo momma joke. No matter how good you are at it.

ThisIsBullsh-
it

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

Near the end it was Bad Poetry doing the heavy lifting, which is even more effective now. I only deployed code or chipped away at the forum (only ~15 with 7 offense) while I waited out the refresh. I think we’ll see more Re-Re winners soon. Frugality is very helpful. Log in to see images!

Re-Reality

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

Ryouga Inverse Posted:

I do not share this opinion and think that early attacks were way too useful late in the game.

Bashing your head against the keyboard should not do only slightly less damage than a well-crafted (ha) insult or yo momma joke. No matter how good you are at it.

I agree that early attacks were too powerful with high offense, but I’m not suggesting that they should be as strong as they used to be or anywhere close to as strong as the better attacks. I’m just pointing out that as it is right now, only the strongest attacks see any real benefit from additional offense points, so it’s not worthwhile to upgrade it until late in the game. I think there’s a way to make offense more useful early in the game and that’s all I was trying to suggest.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

I did suspect that beating the game as a Re-Re might be harder (if not impossible) with the new formula, I’m sorry about that but it really had to be done for the main clbumes.

Having said that I followed this challenge with great interest, so maybe I will throw something your way to make it doable.

After all, it wouldn’t throw off the balance of the game if I gave the Re-Re’s a few new abilities would it?

How about Super Bash Head with Helmet, a Level 8 attack that does 50-60? Or would that be making the challenge too easy?

ThisIsBullsh-
it

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

Pfffff I wasn’t even doing 20.

Haha, dunno, up to the others. Not like I gotta worry about it anymore. Log in to see images!

Hard Mode

[drip drool]

Level 7 Re-Re

my days as a re-re are quite short compared to my other accounts these days. sell junk, buy 1, maybe 2 XRXRs, and go into a forum four times only to take out one or two threads and then leave. and once in a blue moon try to tackle a mission forum and use up all my XRXRs.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Just want to pipe in that we haven’t forgotten about the E-Peen and stuff. Tonight’s update will address that.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

I’ve given you guys two new attacks at level 6 and level 8. They’re not great, but I’m hoping it should still be beatable with them.

There’s also new E-Peen for beating the game. I hope someone else will follow ThisIsBull****’s lead Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!