Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Do you try to avoid copyright infringement?

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’ve noticed that while Forumwarz parodies a lot of tech things (Asimov operating system, iPrune), I don’t think I’ve actually seen any real major trademarks or sites featured in the game. This got me when I was going to suggest pwning SomethingAwful as a high level mission (yes, I went there). Is this deliberate?

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

I’ve noticed that while Forumwarz parodies a lot of tech things (Asimov operating system, iPrune), I don’t think I’ve actually seen any real major trademarks or sites featured in the game. This got me when I was going to suggest pwning SomethingAwful as a high level mission (yes, I went there). Is this deliberate?

I don’t see any reason why SA can’t be changed slightly, just like iPrune and the rest. Maybe NothingUnpleasant?

Ricardo Kyan-
kaar IV

Level 3 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

WWW SOMETHING IS AWFUL DOT COM

ARMERICA****-
YEAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ricardo Kyankaar IV Posted:

WWW SOMETHING IS AWFUL DOT COM

This.

We already provided some threads in the GBS thread. Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ah. I must not be up to there yet.

Still though, are you going to only have parody brands all the way through?

LOL’RLY lipstick cracked me up.

Tasty Putin

[Team AWESOME]

Level 15 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

I believe all these things are protected under parody laws, meaning he can get away with it.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Sabre_Justice Posted:

We’ve parodied or mentioned a lot of public figures and websites, but we’ve avoided breaking any copyright laws.

A parody of SA or BYOB is definitely going to show up as a high-level forum in the future. Stay gooned! (SWIDT?)

dongs

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

JOIN TEAM AWESOME NOW AND GET FREE LOLICON HENTAI!

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

We’ve parodied or mentioned a lot of public figures and websites, but we’ve avoided breaking any copyright laws.

A parody of SA or BYOB is definitely going to show up as a high-level forum in the future. Stay gooned! (SWIDT?)

You guys are fantastic.

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Will it be some sort of crazy huge forum where you have to go through and pwn subforum after subforum, struggling against threads being posted more quickly than you can take them down?

Enemy Violent

Avatar: 806 2010-08-24 23:28:10 -0400

[Island of Avalon]

Level 22 Troll

Don't mind me. I am just throwing my bps in the trash.

You have to pay Flezz to pwn SomethingTerrible, and then pay MORE Flezz just to make your avatar show up.

Unending Tor-
ment

[Suicide Pact]

Level 7 Emo Kid

SUGAR mammary glands

Enemy Violent Posted:

You have to pay Flezz to pwn SomethingTerrible, and then pay MORE Flezz just to make your avatar show up.

I was going to suggest this as well, only with LOADS of outlandish payments(pay to have it as a bookmark, then pay to visit, then pay to enter a thread, then pay to post).

Unending Torment edited this message on 11/14/2007 1:33PM

ARMERICA****-
YEAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

This is the only way, really. Log in to see images!

First time you make it to the last thread, you should get a b&, just because. Log in to see images! ARMERICAFUCKYEAH edited this message on 11/14/2007 2:09PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!