Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion Would it be better to have forums rotate, rather that just get rid of some?

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Would it make it more of an interesting challenge to get the longer streaks if some (or all) of the community forums were available only on certain weeks? For example if four were “on hiatus” in any give builder period.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

This sounds reasonable to me. Plus it adds an element of challenge in getting the highest streak e-peen- you never know when a forum might come back.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Then gaining E-Peens for pwning consecutive [X number] forums would take even longer.

I’m against it.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

That sounds neat but people would probably get really ****ed if they get up to 43 forums pwned and find their last one rotated out.

Although the EP1 forums never change.

actually i dunno. My gut likes it by my brain says it won’t work with the players.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 08/26/2008 11:23PM

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

CreepPipe Posted:

Then gaining E-Peens for pwning consecutive [X number] forums would take even longer.

I’m against it.

Yeah, but it’s already gonna take longer, since they’re removing forums to balance things. I’d rather choose to have a forum in flux than lose a forum forever, wouldn’t you?

To make it work, a certain number of forums could be part of the rotating pool, with not all forumbuilr forums eligible- just the ones voted on. From that pool (which increases with time as forums are voted on to be removed), one or two forums are still playable at any given week.

The result is that most consecutive pwnage e-peens would be as easy to get as they are now… but the highest e-peens, like The Boiling Point, would be available only to those who put serious effort towards getting them. As they are now, consecutive pwnage e-peens are very easy to get, and that’s good- for most of them. But it would be cool to have the highest levels of achievement reserved for people who actually dedicated their efforts fully on consecutive pwnage.

Besides, if the forums are removed outright instead of put into a pool of rotating forums, you’ll have to wait even longer for new forums to be released to get new e-peens.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I think it would pretty much just get players into the habit of running 4 weeks behind. If there is a chance you’re going to get screwed by those last 4 forums, just avoid the possibility by leaving a 4 forum buffer.

It’s not a bad idea, but could eliminate some of that new forum gotta get the peen excitement.

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

To make it clear if I was tl;dred, for it to work not all of the forums would be in rotation. When a forum gets put in the pool, you know it’s happening because you voted on it being removed. So forums couldn’t be removed by surprise, they’d be removed by public opinion.

But what forums would be coming back on any given week (for the duration of a week) would be a surprise.

CreepPipe

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Example of a bad idea…

You’re going for 52 streak you’ve spent 51 visits the only forum available to give you that E-Peen has been rotated out that week.

We all know you get 4 visits a day and can stack 3 days visits. In doing so to get that E-Peen you end up losing 16 visits and (in most cases) any chances of participating in domination.

Still against it.

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

CreepPipe Posted:

Example of a bad idea…

You’re going for 52 streak you’ve spent 51 visits the only forum available to give you that E-Peen has been rotated out that week.

We all know you get 4 visits a day and can stack 3 days visits. In doing so to get that E-Peen you end up losing 16 visits and (in most cases) any chances of participating in domination.

Still against it.

Many people already do that in anticipation of new forums coming out. If the inclusion of more forums than we would have normally tempts people into wasting their forum visits, that doesn’t really seem like a design problem.

That 52nd forum is going to be removed anyway, and you’d STILL have to wait a week to complete the streak, because you’ll have to wait for the next forumbuildr build. Either way, you’re waiting a week. This feature wouldn’t really change what you’re saying.

Orb edited this message on 08/27/2008 12:30AM

DrScience

Level 30 Emo Kid

I LUST AFTER FAT CHICKS ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE REAL GIRLS HATE ME

Then let it rotate every day, and have it set to a regular schedule of rotating to get rid of the chance of ****ty luck. However, to put a little twist to it, voting would still apply; the less popular forums could be in the rotation less, thus being available less.

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

DrScience Posted:

Then let it rotate every day, and have it set to a regular schedule of rotating to get rid of the chance of ****ty luck. However, to put a little twist to it, voting would still apply; the less popular forums could be in the rotation less, thus being available less.

This would work too.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I think the difference that the peen streakers are looking at is a one time removal that can be taken into account vs. a permanent rotation that would need to be considered every single week for Domination pistachio streaks and every 4 weeks for the consecutive peens.

CreepPipe

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Orb Posted:

Many people already do that in anticipation of new forums coming out. If the inclusion of more forums than we would have normally tempts people into wasting their forum visits, that doesn’t really seem like a design problem.

That 52nd forum is going to be removed anyway, and you’d STILL have to wait a week to complete the streak, because you’ll have to wait for the next forumbuildr build. Either way, you’re waiting a week. This feature wouldn’t really change what you’re saying.

My point was more about wasted visits than people building up for streaks. Yes some people do this with their accounts/alts but in the end it negates from the actual game and the E-Peen are there for a reason because CZ wants people to get them.

Not waste time/money attempting to get them…well maybe money.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

My thinking is that if there is some sort of pattern then playing it correctly would be part of the streak challenge

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!