Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Pay for more content web based RPG system.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Evil Trout Posted:

It’s very similar to the shareware system of the old id Software games (Wolfenstein 3D, anyone?), where you’d get the first part of a game free but would have to pay to continue. You could also compare it to the Xbox Live Arcade, where each game has a free demo but then you have to purchase the full version (although the Xbox Live demos are CONSIDERABLY shorter).

This business model has been proven to work for other platforms for years. The major difference is that we’re going to try it for a browser-based RPG. The single best way to make this work, in my opinion, is to make sure Episode 2 is especially awesome.

This system isn’t new, and it seems to be still working for Runescape. I used to play that game back when it was new and free, then at a certain stage of growth they decided to go for the “ok, we’ll keep what we have free, even add some more for free, but most of what we do that is new you’ll need to pay for.”

I’m just glad ForumWarz will be a one time fee instead of a monthly fee.

Wylin edited this message on 08/26/2008 8:21PM

Nighson

[I Liek Mudkipz]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Runescape

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Nighson Posted:

Runescape

LOLOLOLOL

(In all seriousness, if Runescape were a one time fee I MIGHT do that. But right now with the way it’s set up, it’s basically horrible).

Lord Shplane edited this message on 08/26/2008 8:20PM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I tried paying to play RuneScape for a few months but decided I didn’t like much of anything except the quests so I let my subscription run out. I tried going back last year or so and I had a bunch of “only available in pay-based mode” or something items filling up my inventory and it made it really almost impossible.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Seems more like the popcap model, unless I’m wrong.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Unless you can convince me otherwise, I’m moving this thread to “Playing With Ourselves”, because it seems to be more about Runescape than Forumwarz.

Note that that forum is also non-RP.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

Seems more like the popcap model, unless I’m wrong.

I’m not familiar with whatever popcap is unless it’s the caps on 20 oz. bottles from pepsi or coke.

Re: Banhammer

It’s not so much about Runescape but about how the pay-per-content model works for them in relation to this and other online RPG’s. I don’t care what section it’s in though.

Wylin edited this message on 08/26/2008 10:46PM

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

http://www.popcap.com

Ok, I don’t wanna install a plug-in to see it but I’ve played games like bejewelled. How are they similar? Or, is there some free levels of each game then you have to pay to finish them?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!