Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Forumwarz Episode 2: Why it will cost money

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

We talked about pre-orders and we think it’s a good idea, but we probably won’t offer them until we officially announce the release date.

You’ll definitely get an E-peen™ for it and we were thinking of letting people in a day early. It’s funny that I thought of that, considering now people are talking about staggered releases Log in to see images!

I think we will do our best to stagger the people who come back to play: we plan to send out emails to inactive accounts for example, but we can do that in a set amount per day, rather than risk having tens of thousands come to the site all at once.

In terms of adding servers, unfortunately we are at the point right now where doing so with our existing host means getting a dedicated rack and that would probably triple our costs to run the site, and it’s not like we can just do that for a month or two then go back to our old way of doing it.

One option I’ve been considering is moving the site to Amazon EC2, where I can allocate and deallocate servers as needed and pay by the hour. Unfortunately I would have to learn a bunch of stuff to get that set up in time!

Evil Trout edited this message on 08/28/2008 10:17AM

Eat My bum

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I think the price is very fair, it sucks a bit because I might have to wait to play E2, but it will be well worth it.

Considering the amount of time and effort it takes for what y’all have built, I think it’s a steal.

fat

Avatar: 49759 Sun Oct 26 03:31:30 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

HI I is bum Ketchup an.. O SHI- I think my fatrolls killed teh pokeymans under me...

Eat My bum Posted:

I think the price is very fair, it sucks a bit because I might have to wait to play E2, but it will be well worth it.

Considering the amount of time and effort it takes for what y’all have built, I think it’s a steal.

Start collecting now and you won’t have to wait. 10 dollars isn’t all that much.

Evil Trout Posted:

We talked about pre-orders and we think it’s a good idea, but we probably won’t offer them until we officially announce the release date.

You’ll definitely get an E-peen™ for it and we were thinking of letting people in a day early. It’s funny that I thought of that, considering now people are talking about staggered releases Log in to see images!

Peen whores are pre-ordering, the letting in a day early sounds nice too.

fat edited this message on 08/28/2008 2:44PM

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

cool

i’m glad i thought of pre-orders

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

do I hate to registrate in order to pre-order? u guys over the atlantic have such a strange system Log in to see images!

Moodburger

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Hoorah. I just bought myself a golden friendship of brownyness anyway, so I don’t mind an upcoming cost.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Woah, preorder and an epeen? Count me in.

Also please, 7€, guys, that’s really a steal.

Healbot edited this message on 08/29/2008 6:28AM

TranceBunni

[Brainfreeze]

Level 31 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

For people who have already donated alot, but used all their BP. Will they be givin a discount?

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

TranceBunni Posted:

For people who have already donated alot, but used all their BP. Will they be givin a discount?

ahahhahahahahahah

clearly you underestimate how jewish crotch zombie is

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Veer Posted:

ahahhahahahahahah

clearly you underestimate how jewish crotch zombie is

Game Discussion. The use of “jewish” in the context you used it is trolling. You have been warned.

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Game Discussion. The use of “jewish” in the context you used it is trolling. You have been warned.

i mean that crotch zombie

i’m going to stop this because i can’t think of any positive way i could have used that word

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!