Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Forumwarz Episode 2: Why it will cost money
Poll: 7 Brownie Points (available in a $9.99 package) is a fair price to pay for Episode 2.
You must be logged in to vote.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

So Evil Trout just announced the cost of Episode 2 in a very long, but also very interesting blog post. Turns out it’s gonna be 7BP. I think it’s a fair price and it really doesn’t surprise me too much. What do you think?

MC Banhammer here, editing your post so people have YET ANOTHER ****ING PLACE to read this question which keeps getting asked and answered over and over again.

Episode 2 has:

– 20+ new forums

– Tons of new characters to interact with

– New items

– Totally new ways to play

– Much longer than episode one

– All characters attached to your account will gain entry

– This is a one time fee, not monthly or anything like that.

NOTE: The new level cap (and therefore character abilities) are free, hacker clbum is free (bumuming you have an account to play him on), job board is free, a new + big unannounced gameplay feature is free.

Also, the beginning hour (or more) of Episode 2 is free.

What you get for your 10 bucks: new stores, new forums, new characters and storyline.

The new stores are the biggest hurdle for a non-paying account to remain competitive with a paying one, since the paying one will have access to newer equipment.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

I suppose I’ll have to hold contests more frequently, then.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

its fair i guess for the work involved..-what happens if people cant pay though, is it game over?

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Yes, I think it’s fair. I initially said I thought between $15 to $20 to be a fair price.

However, I still stand by my statement that those whom have already invested a certain amount of money into the game should be rewarded with a discount.

But in the end I know I’m going to end up paying for it, discount or not.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

its fair i guess for the work involved..-what happens if people cant pay though, is it game over?

Ep 1 content, the new hacker clbum, and the new Job board will be available for free. So you’re getting a lot of new content even if you don’t pay up. But read the blog, it has a ton more info (also IANET)

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

what happens if people cant pay though, is it game over?

And I’ve edited the OP here to spell out all the details again.

And someone should wikify that information.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

that kind of money is nothing to me, the question for me is how to GET the money to you guys..and yeah ive looked at the wiki on different options on how to do it..i wish you guys accepted mo’s and stuff like that, almost the only way to pay in is through paypal, unless i want to go to toronto and buy you guys a beer, which wouldnt be terribly cost-effective

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

unless i want to go to toronto and buy you guys a beer, which wouldnt be terribly cost-effective

But I bet they’d give you a unique ePeen if you did!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s a nice offer.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

MC Banhammer Posted:

We totally would give an E-Peen™ to someone who bought us beer.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Ten dollars is nothing to pretty much anyone. It’s just that, like you said, it can be tough getting money to people on the internets.

Even *I* have $10, just no way to get it to Crotch Zombie. I mean I could like drive down to Mexico or wherever the **** you guys are, but I don’t have a car.

Paypal works with either cc’s or bank accounts – do you not have either? Maybe I’ll give some bp out when the game release rolls around, I dunno. It would kind of suck to have stuck around all this time and then not be able to play.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

i imagine so!

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

Paypal works with either cc’s or bank accounts – do you not have either? Maybe I’ll give some bp out when the game release rolls around, I dunno. It would kind of suck to have stuck around all this time and then not be able to play.

yeah im a hippie living in a tent in the woods basically, no cc (god i hate those) and no account for a long time, i never saw the sense in paying people to hold onto my money, when i rarely need to transact with any company/entity except on a cash level..this game will probably make me open a new acct up..then once i’ve paid in i will do what i did last time:

get an overdraft, rack it up to the max then never pay em. haha, banks..

they make so much, they write off small losses like a few hundred bucks

Erm, if you get a savings account they pay you?

My bank doesn’t charge for Paypal transactions.

You could also get a prepaid credit card, I guess.

FigureWithMe-
at1954

Avatar: 49303 Sat Oct 18 14:30:54 -0400 2008

[watmm]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

if you pay for ep2, will you still get 4 forum visiys a day, or unlimited?

because somehow i quite like that 4 visit limit

Bauzer

Avatar: 14338 Sat Jan 03 15:31:28 -0500 2009

Level 36 Emo Kid

i approve this. also:

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

Erm, if you get a savings account they pay you?

My bank doesn’t charge for Paypal transactions.

You could also get a prepaid credit card, I guess.

what use is a savings acct for directly paying from it to a business?

i rather think theyd charge you a bit to do that. also a few cents or dollars per month to hold ono my money, when i dont want to go in every time to get said money, with their banking hours? debit cards cost, per use, etc..i dont pay money into banks, i prefer to rip them off whenever possible, after the nightmare stories ove heard about endless bank errors

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

nightmare stories ove heard about endless bank errors

In Monopoly, the bank error is in your favor.

what use is a savings acct for directly paying from it to a business?

i rather think theyd charge you a bit to do that. also a few cents or dollars per month to hold ono my money, when i dont want to go in every time to get said money, with their banking hours? debit cards cost, per use, etc..i dont pay money into banks, i prefer to rip them off whenever possible, after the nightmare stories ove heard about endless bank errors

When the zompocalypse arrives, may I come live in your underground bunker with you? Log in to see images!

And if you shop around, not all banks charge for debit card use – try local banks or credit unions.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!