Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Vote to Retire a ForumBuildr Build! (Round One)

ILLBREAKYOUD-
EAD

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I bet it had something to do with those entries that were just random gibberish that appeared some time ago. Probably someone who’s ****ed that nobody liked his idea for the BEST FORUM EVAR!!1! and decided to take it out on the rest of us by downvoting everything and/or breaking into the Forumwarz servers to delete everything that wasn’t his when nobody was looking. Either way, someone had better do something about it.

Edit: After posting this, I found a threatening tubmail in my inbox from someone called BunnyRegis and the submission I had entered a minute ago suddenly had 4 downvotes. I rest my case.

ILLBREAKYOUDEAD edited this message on 05/11/2010 3:52PM

ILLBREAKYOUD-
EAD

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I don’t mean to doublepost, but I needed to bump the thread somehow. Judging by the tubmail I recieved threatening me with bodily harm IRL and the downvotes for a submission I had entered a few minutes ago, I can only bumume that someone not connected with Crotch Zombie is going out of their way to sabotage forumbuildr 2.0 Beta.

rgreasdfish

[Doujinstyle]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

You’re not alone in this.

Almost everyone got downvoted into oblivion. I also received some threatening tubmails, but fortunately the profile names got immediately banned without any need of reporting it.

Feels bad to see everything going to waste, most of us spend hours long for the Polite Society and the LHC Maintenance Wiki forum.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Blu3Schnauzer Posted:

Yeah, it’s a bit suspicious that all of my entries were doing okay last night and now they’ve all been voted -5.

Something tells me this one is going to see low submissions, and therefore the possibilities for abuse are going to be present big time.

ETA: Hmm, that’s interesting…I went to resubmit my entries and it said it still existed. Curiouser and curiouser. Maybe they’re trying to fix the manner forum and causing issues with entries this week?

Also, I find the fact that my entries both exist and do not exist is hilariously appropriate given the subject matter this week.

First – entries being voted to -5 doesn’t mean they don’t exist, it means they were downvoted. They can not be resubmitted exactly because that causes a dupe entry.

Second – the entries getting downvoted doesn’t have anything to do with the disappearing build. That was a bug of some sort that ET needs to look into and hasn’t had a chance. Somehow, the build failed when going through the automatic process.

As for the downvoting, we’re trying to figure out what we can do. Hopefully we’ll see an end to it soon Log in to see images!

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

I just noticed that, indeed, someone is mbum-downvoting every Forumbuildr entry. However, this same entity is mbumively upvoting that “Chicken Pox Party” forum. It was the only one left alone when all forums were nuked the first time, and it’s the only one left now. It’s also received an additional 10 upvotes in the time that all the others received 10 or more downvotes.

msg

Avatar: 157703 2011-07-31 00:32:33 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

This is the current itembuildr item: http://www.forumwarz.com/item_buildr/vote_for_images

Just in case it’s related

Bashy

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

I’m guessing Blackenstein has something to do with the Chicken Pox forum voting and mbumive downvoting, too.

I think one easy change to make is to block accounts from voting on Buildr until they’re a certain level. As it is, a string of easily-created brand new accounts can crush everything in no time.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

msg Posted:

This is the current itembuildr item: http://www.forumwarz.com/item_buildr/vote_for_images

Just in case it’s related

thanks – just bumped it over to JB to bury

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Oh man that blackenstein guy sure is obsessed

NeoVid

Avatar: 174653 Fri May 22 01:54:45 -0400 2009

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Yeah, I’d bet this is an illegal alt barrage against Item and ForumBuildr. There’s only one forum left above -5 from the looks of it, and nothing left for items.

Incidentally, I support Bashy’s idea. Though I hate to say that with how much I want him to stop entering ForumBuildr for a while.

Also, if Blackenstein’s Item entry won fairly, I sadly have to say it probably has the right to stay up. If it was upvoted by illegal alts, kill it, KILL IT NOW.

NeoVid edited this message on 05/11/2010 5:34PM

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

it was the latter

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

NeoVid Posted:

Yeah, I’d bet this is an illegal alt barrage against Item and ForumBuildr. There’s only one forum left above -5 from the looks of it, and nothing left for items.

And we’re about to let one guy and his alts stop it?

BUILDRS UNITE!

NeoVid

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Dyslexic Buildrs Untie!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

With nothing to vote on, and nothing with any vote scores, I propose that JB again push that enticing bumon posthaste.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

With nothing to vote on, and nothing with any vote scores, I propose that JB again push that enticing bumon posthaste.

Give us a minute… there’s an attempt to make “magic” right now Log in to see images!

Edit: magic performed… illegal alt votes have been backed out and a lot of submissions are back among the living. Log in to see images! spacekadt edited this message on 05/11/2010 6:40PM

Bashy

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

There are two instances of “University of Useless Degrees.” One of them should probably get nuked.

EDIT: One is a little different (categories), but mostly they’re the same.

Bashy edited this message on 05/11/2010 6:52PM

NeoVid

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

spacekadt Posted:

Give us a minute… there’s an attempt to make “magic” right now Log in to see images!

Edit: magic performed… illegal alt votes have been backed out and a lot of submissions are back among the living. Log in to see images!

Thank you for your speedy salvaging of this week’s Buildr. And hopefully for a painful banhammering of Blackenstein.

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

spacekadt Posted:

First – entries being voted to -5 doesn’t mean they don’t exist, it means they were downvoted. They can not be resubmitted exactly because that causes a dupe entry.

Ah, did not about the dupe entry feature. Good to know, and handy to prevent spamming at that.

msg

Avatar: 157703 2011-07-31 00:32:33 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

spacekadt Posted:

Edit: magic performed… illegal alt votes have been backed out and a lot of submissions are back among the living. Log in to see images!

Just one thing to note – http://www.forumwarz.com/item_buildr/vote_for_ideas

I think submissions from last round (Glbumes) got mixed in with this rounds revived ones

ILLBREAKYOUD-
EAD

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Illegal alt barrage indeed- I took one look in my tubmail and it was bombarded by unconvincing threats that all came from newly created characters that made no attempt to conceal the fact that they were illegal alts for the person responsible for downvoting everything. From what I could tell, whoever’s responsible is extraordinarily ****ed off at the buildr systems or is incredibly stupid.

Here is the complete list of failed mailbombers:

BunnyRegis

dddddd940394049-49012390-2930103920-3920-13-01

ILLBRAKEYUODAEDHURRRRR (Nice job insulting my choice of username.)

ndndnndanadnda

OK-NICCO-SINCE-UR-A-GOOD-GUY-IM-LEAVING-FOR-GOOD-K (Now why do I doubt that?)

It’s things like this that force moderators to start IP banning people.

Edit: Whoops, I didn’t notice that BLACKENSTEIN had been confirmed as the person responsible for this. Still, I’m going to list his multiple illegal alts up here, if only to show how little effort he put into disguising them.

ILLBREAKYOUDEAD edited this message on 05/11/2010 9:38PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!