Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin Internet Confessional

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

some people keep complaining about ideas used over and over again – this is a perfect example of it. praypal with a different name, mainly.

there were some good ideas out there

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Aldo_Anything Posted:

praypal with a different name, mainly.

spacekadt Posted:

The description struck me as something akin to PostSecret… haven’t checked out submissions yet, but I’d LOVE to see it take that slant as it gets built. Not at all religious and not already done.

Yes, it doesn’t have to be anything like PrayPal. Instead of thinking of it as people confessing their sins and asking for religious absolution, think of it as people sharing their dark, tacky, untrue, embarrbuming, or otherwise hilarious secrets with strangers on the internet, not for absolution but for attention.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

sure there’s a slight difference – on the other hand, why not choose a forum with an original theme first?

Aldo_Anything edited this message on 08/25/2008 2:02PM

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Meh, I don’t see it as just a slight difference.

PrayPal doesn’t have a confessional angle to it at all; if this one is built without a religious angle… well, there won’t really be any overlap.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

looks like people are leaning more towards sexual deviance than religion on this one, anyway

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

spacekadt Posted:

The description struck me as something akin to PostSecret… haven’t checked out submissions yet, but I’d LOVE to see it take that slant as it gets built. Not at all religious and not already done.

it was def. designed to be more like postsecret than a religious forum

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Looks like a lot of people in this thread have never heard of grouphug.us.

Edit: Heh, and I’ve never heard of PostSecret.

Pluvius edited this message on 08/25/2008 10:34PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

it was def. designed to be more like postsecret than a religious forum

thank god I’m not insane… a postsecret parody is definitely how I read this description when I voted on it. I like the idea a lot, actually

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

except that doesn’t work because postsecret isn’t a ****ing forum

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I think I’ll pbum this week.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Veer Posted:

except that doesn’t work because postsecret isn’t a ****ing forum

Except that it is… kinda indirectly. People are sending their secrets into one person and that person posts them online.

And besides, for all the ****ing that people have been doing about wanting to see something that doesn’t directly rip something else off and is *inspired* (but not copied) from something else, you’d think this would have been an ideal forum.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

This is all the parody PostSecret has ever needed:

But if we DID need more, lolsecretz.com would’ve been enough.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

yeah, but you can’t pwn those people via forumwarz. if all the parody you need of the internet is the internet, then you are in the wrong place.

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

yeah, but you can’t pwn those people via forumwarz. if all the parody you need of the internet is the internet, then you are in the wrong place.

Okay, good point.

Maybe I just wanted an excuse to post overcompensating. It’s such a good comic!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Yeah, I immediately thought of postsecret and grouphug when I saw this. It would be great if each forum came with a couple of built-in references, which is what the CZ team does when we make forums.

Instead of debating about whether or not it’s a lame idea, we could point each other to real-life forums that we can mock, and then rip off and distort their message.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Orb Posted:

Okay, good point.

Maybe I just wanted an excuse to post overcompensating. It’s such a good comic!

J. Ro is a pretty cool dude, too, judging at least from the limited time I’ve hung with the dude.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

wow thread titles are hell of competitive this week.

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Unfortunately most of the thread titles are not very good. There are a few gems, but for the most part the subs look more like people’s versions of the Aristocrat joke with madlibs than they do confessions. Of all the categories Typical Posts has the highest quality subs on average this week, but it’s not nearly as cutthroat, and “highest quality on average” is not meant to be a big compliment.

Really, across the board standards have dropped pretty low where wit is concerned on this build. A large numbers of them are just statements about @sex_ act with @ relative, without any effort put towards making them funny. Incest by itself CAN be funny, but you have to at least try to make the delivery funny. And no matter how good the joke is (not very, in this case), it isn’t funny at all when repeated so many times.

And the constant references to @ feces! I thought we already HAD a forum based on fecalphilia, but this one gives That’s A Lot of Feces a run for it’s money. At least Feces had the benefit of being an official forum, and thus had plenty of generic posts and angry replies thrown in to balance the forum. Confessional is going to be The Incest Show Starring Excrement.

Angry Replies is a little better in terms of deviating from those two topics, but it has its own problems. I think the problem here came because whether you consider the build being about a Confessional or a parody of PostSecret, people don’t really respond to the content. It’s hard to imagine what would they say if someone invaded their space because you can’t invade their space.

This doesn’t go for the most of the replies in the top ten… there’s some good ones up there that clearly belong to Internet Confessional. But the majority of the others are absolutely generic. I expect a large number of bad subs in any category of any build, but usually most of the bad subs at least go along with the spirit of the forum. They could be inserted as angry replies in any forum, and they’d more or less blend in. Lots of @ insert_generic and @ insult_homosexual.

In review, Internet Confessional has its moments as a forum idea, especially throughout the Typical Posts. And no matter how bad the idea is, you can almost always count on some really good subs out of Enemies. But the Thread Titles are lackluster and this forum simply wasn’t meant for Angry Replies.

I cant really judge Logos or Styles, but they all seem pretty cool to me.

Orb edited this message on 08/28/2008 1:49PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

shame that the winning style and new winning logo don’t match anymore.

Orb

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

shame that the winning style and new winning logo don’t match anymore.

Well, we needed more style options anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!