Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] How much would you pay for Episode 2?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

King Krimson Posted:

What E2 content do you have to pay for? This may sound like a weird question, but what I mean is will the new level cap, job board, ect. be free?

New level cap (and therefore character abilities) are free, hacker clbum is free (bumuming you have an account to play him on), job board is free, a new + big unannounced gameplay feature is free.

Also, the beginning hour (or more) of Episode 2 is free.

What isn’t free is: new stores, new forums, new characters and storyline.

The new stores are the biggest hurdle for a non-paying account to remain competitive with a paying one, since the paying one will have access to newer equipment.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

The way I see this, the more CZ takes in from this venture, the more work they’ll be inclined to put into it going forward. If it’s a money losing or break even situation, eventually the plug is going to be pulled. For those of you who say the game is dying – the majority of people get bored of the same piece of entertainment after awhile. The people who are playing Episode 1 for the first time now, the game isn’t dying.

scullyangel Posted:

The gamer culture in general is of the opinion that everything should be free. I get that, I love free stuff, too.

. . .

It’s very simple – it might be cool, we might be part of a culture that is growing more and more used to riding along on the free tide that is the internet, but if the things you enjoy are not supported financially those providing them will most likely not continue devoting a large portion of their lives to them. If you enjoy something, and if you spend more than a few minutes a week on a game site you are in fact enjoying it or you are a moron for wasting your time, give ‘em a kickback. You go see a movie and it’s $8 – $12 for 2 hours of entertainment. I just don’t think a similar fee is unreasonable for something you can come back to over and over.

We used to give away free calendars at my store, until I noticed that every year we’d see a whole bunch of people come in just for the calendars and not the rest of the year. So that was the end of the that. Anyone out there use Pandora? Well enjoy it now, because it won’t be around for too much longer.

If you really can’t afford ten or fifteen dollars one time, then I understand your feelings, but this game already asks you to pay for enhancements, so I think you should understand they can’t give you everything for free.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

We have revolted! A revolution has occurred! And now Evil Trout sees that he cannot charge for what the people deserve! FOR THE MOTHERGAME!

GEN12

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I would pay $10 for all the new features. I really hope one of these features is more forum visits a day.

freezefish5

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I suggest $9.99 as it’s reasonable and not too expensive. Either that or a certain amount of Brownie Points.

freezefish5 edited this message on 08/22/2008 1:53PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

to be honest, 20+

I wouldn’t pay anything, but I would spend BP. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Big Brother Posted:

We have revolted! A revolution has occurred! And now Evil Trout sees that he cannot charge for what the people deserve! FOR THE MOTHERGAME!

Haha, I know you’re trolling, but even though more people voted for $0 than any other particular price, more people voted for costs than $0 overall.

It seems that most people are comfortable with the $5-10 range, which is kind of what we suspected.

Still, we’re not making any decisions just yet.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

See, I hadn’t even realized that things like the level cap up to 20 and the Hacker clbum would be available for free- I thought it was all at a fee. If the people who don’t want to pay still get all that and more, I cant see where the problem is. If you don’t want to pay for Episode 2, you’ll STILL get a huge content update when it releases. That’s awesome.

BiZarro Tom

Level 4 Re-Re

liker of mudkips

Just make a few dozen more donation E-Peens (both higher amounts and consecutive donations, like donating 4 times, 8 times, etc.) and Forumwarz will become a money making machine. Log in to see images!

Plus it will be hilarious to see all the E-Peen obsessives become super bumhurt over their increasingly expensive addiciton. Log in to see images!

Vledoc

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Great game, but there are great games that are $10 that have you know… graphical adventure. I won’t pay for a browser RPG, no matter how cool it might be Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I’d pay 20+, it’s not that much to pay, most that are ****ing about pay are probably 15 year olds who to them, 20 bucks is a fortune. Although I do agree this game is kinda “dying” right now, I hope it picks up with the ep2 release.

Here’s a question though: If you did not pay the fee, would the community portion of the game still be available? IDC, Flamebate, etc.

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

I wasn’t referring to games, I was referring to forums with absolute ****loads of content and 6+ years worth of threads/users.

After seeing what you have proposed I think I would play the free bit for a while til everyone else has finished orgasming over the new clbumes etc and no doubt get hooked and have to pay to finish it. I would prolly pay $10 for that, it sounds like it’s gonna be worth it.

Andy_Dextruss edited this message on 08/24/2008 6:32AM

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Evil Trout, do you have a comment as to whether brownie points will or will not be accepted as payment for Episode 2?

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Underscorewas Posted:

Evil Trout, do you have a comment as to whether brownie points will or will not be accepted as payment for Episode 2?

I’ve asked him that before and his answer was yes. Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I think you lost a few potential clients after yesterday, >.> I’m still paying what I said before, tho.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I wouldn’t mind in-forum advertisements if we don’t have to pay.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Probably no more than $10. I like the idea of spending BP to gain access, though.

SirIsaac

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Troll

WHSOutcast at gmail dot com

Charge for the game and I won’t pay it. That simple.

My computer can barely run this game and it takes me 10+ minutes to run a single forum. Me paying for more lag would be silly.

We will still have access to flamebate and such if we don’t pay, right?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

SirIsaac Posted:

Charge for the game and I won’t pay it. That simple.

My computer can barely run this game and it takes me 10+ minutes to run a single forum. Me paying for more lag would be silly.

We will still have access to flamebate and such if we don’t pay, right?

You’d have access to everything you have access to now, as well as several other new features as they’re introduced. The only pay-to-play option would involve your progress through the episodic content. Which, in my humble opinion, is totally worth it.

Many sites experience lag. This can have just as much to do with your own ISP/net connection as it does the site.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!