Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] How much would you pay for Episode 2?

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I have a lot of anal love to give.

Oh, God. Call me. Log in to see images! enire edited this message on 08/21/2008 11:32AM

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

I’m pretty sure I remember ET saying that you can pay in BP on IDC.

Just sayin’, I think that should have some impact on this thread of some kind?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Not much.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Lord Shplane Posted:

I’m pretty sure I remember ET saying that you can pay in BP on IDC.

Just sayin’, I think that should have some impact on this thread of some kind?

Well that’s ‘cause you’d pay your money to buy BP, and then buy Ep 2 via BP. Probably.

megademonicr-
aper

[World Anarchy bumociation]

Level 17 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Hey ET, this is unreasonable man. U can’t possibly charge us for Episode 2.

I’m beginning to lose faith in u and Forumwarz. Please tell me this is some kinda sick joke.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

megademonicraper Posted:

I’m beginning to lose faith in u and Forumwarz. Please tell me this is some kinda sick joke.

It’s not a joke, kid. If you cant afford the BP when the time comes around, enter a few contests.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I think a major concern with the “dying game” people is the development cycle. At this point in time nobody new is coming here and getting involved because the game is old. When Episode 2 comes out it’ll be a mbumive orgy of joy for a few months, then die off again just like with Ep1.

I hate to say it but forumwarz is a novelty game. When the novelty wears off there’s not much left to keep people interested.

I still love it, though. And obviously a fair few people do as well. Hopefully EP2 brings more like that.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

megademonicraper Posted:

Why do people keep expecting something for nothing?!

Seriously it’s not like they’re making a GNU game on sourceforge. They have to pay to keep this site online.

It’s unreasonable NOT to expect some money in return for this service.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Why do people keep expecting something for nothing?!

Seriously it’s not like they’re making a GNU game on sourceforge. They have to pay to keep this site online.

It’s unreasonable NOT to expect some money in return for this service.

Two reasons. One, the initial gameplay was free. So a cost for an expansion is unexpected to some users. Two, it’s the Internet. Almost everything is free on the Internet. People are spoiled.

Not my opinion, obviously. I cant wait to pay for Episode 2.

Drakonice

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I just started recently but I like and if it’s just a one time fee I’d be cool with 15-20

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The gamer culture in general is of the opinion that everything should be free. I get that, I love free stuff, too.

I used to own a brick and mortar game shop selling CCG/TCGs and I was literally shocked that gamers (regardless of age) were in a constant state of thinking I was a capitalist whore for charging them for cards. There was a fairly constant reminder thing that had to happen: You’re sitting here playing this game, taking up table space for 6 hours and you think I’m evil because I think you should buy something to help support the shop? When you go to your job do you expect to earn money for your work? Would you keep going if no one paid you?

The answer to that is in fact, no. I closed my shop just about a year ago. It was sad, and I miss the hell out of some of the people, but the reality was that I was financing a very expensive clubhouse.

It’s very simple – it might be cool, we might be part of a culture that is growing more and more used to riding along on the free tide that is the internet, but if the things you enjoy are not supported financially those providing them will most likely not continue devoting a large portion of their lives to them. If you enjoy something, and if you spend more than a few minutes a week on a game site you are in fact enjoying it or you are a moron for wasting your time, give ‘em a kickback. You go see a movie and it’s $8 – $12 for 2 hours of entertainment. I just don’t think a similar fee is unreasonable for something you can come back to over and over.

Yes, I’m old and a big nerd and I pay for music, too.

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

As much as I like this game I don’t think it’s worth paying for, certainly no more than $10. The BP charge wouldn’t be too bad I guess but I still voted $0 as there’s a whole ton of other, bigger websites that don’t even ask for donations in any way, shape or form and they get by fine. Sorry, I really don’t mean this as an insult to the game or the programming or the work that goes into it but as soon as I saw this thread I was a bit bewildered and slightly miffed.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Andy_Dextruss Posted:

The BP charge wouldn’t be too bad I guess but I still voted $0 as there’s a whole ton of other, bigger websites that don’t even ask for donations in any way, shape or form and they get by fine.

Can you name any? Specifically games?

I honestly can’t think of any large Internet games that don’t ask for money in one form or another.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

Can you name any? Specifically games?

I honestly can’t think of any large Internet games that don’t ask for money in one form or another.

Nexus War. 3 characters for free. Incentives to buy more.

Having said that, Jorm’s often said the game frequently runs in the red.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Nexus War. 3 characters for free. Incentives to buy more.

Having said that, Jorm’s often said the game frequently runs in the red.

Andy_Dextruss claimed that there were bigger sites that didn’t even ask for donations and did fine.

I meant are there any games that don’t ask for anything — incentives to buy more is asking for something, akin to donations.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’d just like to point out to you guys that Episode 2 would be bringing you more — much more — of what I bumume you liked in this site in the first place, which is the game itself. Granted you might not want to pay for more of what you’ve got now that you’ve finished Ep 1, but that’s not really the question. The question is how much you’d be willing to pay for the main game, in all its (anticipated) glory.

the problem is that each episode only offers so much entertainment, and then once you beat it there’s nothing except the community. and sure, once ep2 is released things will be booming once again, but people will get bored and everyone will leave again.

now, I know I knock KoL all the time for it’s god awful community, but it released new things frequently enough that the players stayed.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

besides i am not around much anymore and everyone knows i am the life of this game

SENIOR YEAR fine upstanding member of society

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

I’ve browsed maybe 10 or so online games, and personally I can’t think of a single one that didn’t have a form of online payment (Cyber nations doesn’t AFAIK, but asks for donations). Forumwarz is actually one of my favorite, as some games, like Ikariam, Travian, Tribal Wars, etc. have this “enjoy you in the bum” system of giving you a payment that works for 7 days and then making you pay for it again.

That said, I’m unsure how much I’d be willing to be pay for episode 2. I’ll have to think about it. Log in to see images! Tesfan edited this message on 08/21/2008 8:09PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

nanaintelligentjesus gets you SMART IN YOUR BRAINS Posted:

the problem is that each episode only offers so much entertainment, and then once you beat it there’s nothing except the community. and sure, once ep2 is released things will be booming once again, but people will get bored and everyone will leave again.

now, I know I knock KoL all the time for it’s god awful community, but it released new things frequently enough that the players stayed.

It’s true that Episode 2 is taking us a long time, and that if we had released it sooner we would have kept more people around. It was never our goal to take this long, truthfully Log in to see images!

However, once we boomed from like 1000 accounts to 40,000 in two months, we had a lot of growing pains and issues that needed to be sorted out. It took us a long time to address those, so we didn’t really start on Episode 2 until much later than we planned.

To make up for it, we decided to be a lot more ambitious with Episode 2. Of course, being ambitious means things take time to do properly, and that takes us to where we are today. There is a lot more game in Episode 2 than Episode 1, and I’m pretty sure you guys will love it!

Sure it’s been a long wait, but we are more than doubling the amount of content present already.

Having said that, hopefully new content will come a lot more frequently in the future!

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

What E2 content do you have to pay for? This may sound like a weird question, but what I mean is will the new level cap, job board, ect. be free?

Sincerely,

Cheapskate.

King Krimson edited this message on 08/22/2008 9:15AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!