Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] How much would you pay for Episode 2?

Courtney

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I like this idea, but what if Episode 2 was 5 BP?

That would mean you’d have to buy 7 BP for $10, but you’d get 2 BP left over to do whatever you want.

Some of us have theorized that people might resent having to pay 10 bucks when they only want to pay for the entrance fee. Others would say you’re getting something of a bonus by having a remainder.

Why not give the choice? You could have 3 different packages to choose from. I just think that if someone wants to pay more than the basic entrance fee, there should be an incentive, such as an extra 1 BP. With every higher priced package, you get 1 extra BP, 3 extra BP, or 5 extra depending on how much more $ you are willing to spend. That way, you would attract people who might not otherwise buy BP’s by giving this one-time package deal.

For those who can’t afford more, you can offer the minimum entrance fee, but for those loyal gamers who are willing to cough up an extra few bucks I think rewarding them with a bonus BP for an extra buck or two for their generosity would be appreciated. And making this a deal that is only offered in combination with the ep2 entrance fee could inspire some folks to buy their extra BP’s *now* rather than later.

Courtney edited this message on 08/20/2008 6:13PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Fee per player is a great thing, since it encourages players to try additional characters/clbumes knowing they are already covered.

I picked the $15 – $20, mainly because I know how much I enjoy the different aspects of the site, but that might be high if trying to market Ep. 2 to a lot of new players.

Poll feature = coolness. Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Considering I’ve spent probably hundreds of hours here on the free portion of the game, i said 20 bucks. I donated 25 a long time ago because it felt right so it seems logical to apply it again to ep2.

Compare forumwarz GAME to any other retail game: a normal RPG costs ~50 bucks and lasts for 20-70 hours.

Forumwarz is an RPG but it stretches over days due to forum visits. Ep1 was doable in an afternoon or less if you were insane and cheated. Ep2 is supposed to be bigger but it’s not going to be xbox hueg. So compared to a normal retail game I think 20 is probably a good price.

However there’s the whole community and all that crazy crap. You don’t see developers adding content weekly anywhere.

I still stand by 20 bucks or less.

– having tiered levels of initial support would be cool. I’d like to see lame-bumes be able to get in with only 5-10 bucks if there was still a higher option + epeen combo.

ie: 5 dollar cover gets you into ep2 where the 20 dollar supreme gets you a coolio flashing epeen.

and gift pbumes for cheap as well. 3-7BP to gift it to someone.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 08/20/2008 6:29PM

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

I can’t spare any money just yet, sorry. Or else I’d be buyin’ brownie points. I guess if it were released, I might be able to scrape 10-20$ together for ya…

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

InaneAnomaly Posted:

Sadly I am in no position to be able to pay for Forumwarz. Hey, if I could, I’d be swimmin’ in BP.

I don’t has Paypal or anything either.

PooDiddy

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Troll

I play catcher for R. Kelly

How about virginity or blowjobs? I could pay in those, bumuming you want either. Log in to see images!

Or ****, I got tons of ****! Log in to see images!

But seriously, hasn’t the current donation scheme been providing enough fundage? You could beg on the front page, like “OMG! ForumWarz is running out of cash and might close down forever! Donate Now!”

PooDiddy edited this message on 08/20/2008 9:26PM

Courtney

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I agree with the idea of giving an epeen for a larger contribution. Extra BP’s and/or a special epeen for donating more than the minimum required for Ep2 would be great incentive. From a sales and a buyer point of view, it is win-win to spend more since you gain more, yet it would not alienate those who can’t afford it if you still allow the option to pay for Ep2 with the minimum cost (but without the frills.)

The fact that this game has so many loyal players who are willing to pay more than $10 is pretty impressive, it would be a good sales tactic to reward their generosity with a little extra BP and special epeen.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

1338h4x Posted:

I don’t has Paypal or anything either.

Hate to be “that guy,” but if you’re interested in donating to Forumwarz (or buying anything online at all), it’s very possible without a credit card or even a bank account.

Check it out: http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/How_To_Donate_If_You_Have_No_Credit_Card

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

$15 to $20. Ultimately I’d like if I could pay with existing BP’s though since I’ve had some stacked up in case of EP2 since forever. But I am an older user…so I’d say $10 to $15 is a nice range just in case other users rely on mom and dad.

Although I wish you would ditch the Pay 2 Play mentality and find other sources of income for the site. TLA, FM, etc. I think BP’s build a solid source of income…you just need to find more ways to capitalize on them.

Enhancements will always speak louder than fees. Because a fee is a fee.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Also after reading a few replies and considering how much I’ve already paid towards this game it’d be nice if certain people who have put in X amount of dollars got a discount of some sort.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

fwz is dead anyways but i voted 6-10

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

God I had money but no credit cards so $0 thank you very much.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

dying game + you already have the bp system = 0$

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

CreepPipe Posted:

Also after reading a few replies and considering how much I’ve already paid towards this game it’d be nice if certain people who have put in X amount of dollars got a discount of some sort.

This is the most logical solution. You are not forced to donate, but if this fee goes live you’ll be forced to pay. Looks almost like a punishment for the people who already donated, because the people who donated a lot would have to pay the same amount then people who never donated anything.

IMHO, we should implement this idea (ET said on IDC as well he was thinking about it) and give small discounts based on the FoF E-Peen you have.

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

Evil Trout Posted:

As a fun test of the new polling feature in flamebate, here’s a simple poll. How much would you pay for Episode 2, knowing that it has:

– 20+ new forums

– Tons of new characters to interact with

– New items

– Totally new ways to play

– Much longer than episode one

– All characters attached to your account would gain entry

– This is a one time fee, not monthly or anything like that.

That’s like asking ‘how much would you like to be ****ed up the arse?’ But, still, this game makes me laugh more often than not – up to $20

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

Fran Posted:

This is the most logical solution. You are not forced to donate, but if this fee goes live you’ll be forced to pay. Looks almost like a punishment for the people who already donated, because the people who donated a lot would have to pay the same amount then people who never donated anything.

IMHO, we should implement this idea (ET said on IDC as well he was thinking about it) and give small discounts based on the FoF E-Peen you have.

Good point, I forgot about the FoF ‘peen I’ve already payed for – BUT, I probably would pay some more – just to see the smile on ET’s happy little face.

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

I think I love you Fran, seriously…

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

200KillerWasps Posted:

That’s like asking ‘how much would you like to be ****ed up the arse?’ But, still, this game makes me laugh more often than not – up to $20

I was thinking of starting that poll also. I have a lot of anal love to give.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Given that I’m on the verge of quitting this site entirely, I’d say it better be free.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

nanaintelligentjesus gets you SMART IN YOUR BRAINS Posted:

fwz is dead anyways

gigerth Posted:

dying game

TeeKayEff Posted:

Given that I’m on the verge of quitting this site entirely

I’d just like to point out to you guys that Episode 2 would be bringing you more — much more — of what I bumume you liked in this site in the first place, which is the game itself. Granted you might not want to pay for more of what you’ve got now that you’ve finished Ep 1, but that’s not really the question. The question is how much you’d be willing to pay for the main game, in all its (anticipated) glory.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!